Disney Value Walking distance

tamlav

Mouseketeer
Is it really a 20 minute walk to the food court of a value room. If staying in a standard room?

The only value I've stayed at so far is POP Century. I was in the 60's building, and it definitely did NOT take me 20 minutes.

Is it really a 20 minute walk to the food court of a value room. If staying in a standard room?

This forum is for non-Disney hotels ... you’ll get more info on Disney Resorts board.

But I have stayed at them all. Values offer preferred rooms which means you are closer to food court. The only one that is laid out different and has long walks to food court, bus etc is AllStar Music. Standard rooms at back are a long walk (and dark at night). I’ll never stay there again but wouldn’t hesitate for any of the others.

Some standard rooms at AoA are farther and folks complain.

This forum is for non-Disney hotels ... you’ll get more info on Disney Resorts board.

But I have stayed at them all. Values offer preferred rooms which means you are closer to food court. The only one that is laid out different and has long walks to food court, bus etc is AllStar Music. Standard rooms at back are a long walk (and dark at night). I’ll never stay there again but wouldn’t hesitate for any of the others.

Some standard rooms at AoA are farther and folks complain.

I think I read somewhere that the Standard rooms are ASMu are actually closer to one of the other All Stars. I may have just made this up, but I think I remember someone saying something about going to AS Sports or Movies to catch the bus. Do you know if this would work?

I think I read somewhere that the Standard rooms are ASMu are actually closer to one of the other All Stars. I may have just made this up, but I think I remember someone saying something about going to AS Sports or Movies to catch the bus. Do you know if this would work?

No. The Might Ducks of AllStar Movies is closer to the Music buses and food court so some folks use those amenities. Music has no advantages to other resorts.

The Music resort is laid out like no other. Instead of the main hub sitting central to all buildings, the Music hub is at one end of the resort with the standard rooms at the other end of the resort. I have only stayed in standard rooms on my stays there and I'll never stay there again. The walk was too long and too dark. It's the only resort I ever felt unsafe in due to the lighting, the location of standard and the activity in parking lots.

Here is the map. Sports, Music, Movies. The red dots are the bus stops/main hub. The pink circle is the standard rooms at Music. For further info the brown spot between Music and Sports is the large laundry facility. That parking is busy with laundry transports. For that at Sports I prefer the Hoops and Surf side of the resort. The yellow circle between Music and Movies is an area often filled with pods and trailers. One trip our room faced that and at least a dozen tractor trailers were parked right outside our room. The lot is large so I guess they use it for "storage" of some type.

You can see the top of Movies is close to Music, that is the only real advantage of one to the other.

67098342_1027668730770490_4628360850996985856_n.jpg

Thanks for that info, @HopperFan! An unlit walk would bother me.

I'm a city girl and stayed at all values, all moderates, a few deluxe for 150+ on property stays. I am a night person so I close parks, do after hours and parties so have no qualms about walking property late at night. But Music .... all the pieces were in place to feel very uncomfortable walking around at night and being in the back of resort. Plenty of other options to stay that are better. [There is a reason it's alway available and always cheaper.]

Last edited:

I've timed my walks from standard rooms to the bus stop (hands free, no kids, strollers, wheelchairs, bags, etc) and they come up around 8-10 minutes. It only FEELS like 20 min at the end of a long, hot day. If another party had 10 people, 3 strollers, 2 walking youngins', & was carrying 4 bags of souvenirs back to the room...I could see where this might slow a group down.

The rooms you're referring to are standard rooms at AS Movies (mighty ducks) are closer to the food court at Music than most rooms at Music.

No. At a regular pace you can get a mile in 20 minutes so it is nowhere near 20 minutes. We stayed at ASM in 2017 and Pop in 2018 and in a couple weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter