Disney Vacation Club is coming to Boston! Updated w/pics Page 12

Hey I just saw we are going to disney the same time in september and it looks like you are without kids too

well I'm with one kid, my DD 11. I tried to switch to BLT MK view but couldn't get it. So I stayed with my AKV's concierge room.

I don't know, but my guess is it will be kind of a combination welcome home wednesday/merry mixer type thing. They'll give us the opportunity to mix and mingle with other members, give us something to eat, and then give us the pitch, and have some oportunities to win prizes.

I'm not looking to add on points, but it's something to do on a Saturday morning, and I'll get to see some friends, and meet other DVC members.

Thanks! It sounds fun :) We registered for Sat at 10am so hope to see some of you there :thumbsup2

twinklebug the event is not until June 18, 19, 20 & 21.

I went to the event in Chicago. It was GREAT! And they had extra incentives over what was currently out there. We were in the middle of our contract process and ended up doing a rewrite.

HAVE FUN!!! I'm jealous.

We just signed up for the Friday 7pm session! (FYI - It said that the Saturday 10am and 4pm session were full)

Wonder how many people they are allowing at each session since Saturday is full:woohoo:

We just signed up for thrusday night, too! Me and DD. ANy other Western mass's making the trip?

We just signed up for thrusday night, too! Me and DD. ANy other Western mass's making the trip?

If it's not too much to ask, would you mind posting afterwards and giving us an idea as to what we have to look forward to? We are going Sat AM and I'd like to be able to get my kids excited about it but I don't want to tell them about it until I know what to expect.

TIA,
Carmel

I wonder how they decided WHICH members would receive invitations?:confused3

Phew! Finally wrangled an invite from my DVC guide! We'll be there Sat. morning. Incidently (and this may be old news, just repeating what my guide said on the phone), the current incentives expire before the event. My guide suggested locking in at the current incentives, if we decide to add on, then seeing what is offered at the event where they can update to the new incentives if they are better. He also speculated that they will not be better ("they usually aren't"). :confused3 Guess we'll see.

Hmmm that's funny because my guide told me the exact opposite. He did say if you're interested in the current incentives go ahead & lock them in. However when I asked him if he knew anything about what would be offered at this event he said they hadn't been told much but the incentives at these events "tend to be above & beyond what we can offer you". I guess we'll find out which guide is correct.

We are using this little event to introdcue our 1 yr old to Mickey/Minne since the following weekend we will be back at WDW. :dance3:

I just added on @ BLT yesterday and my guide said she didn't know what the incentives will be @ the show but if they are better they will change my contract to reflect the better incentives if necessary. She actually put me on hold to see if she could find out what the show incentives would be but came back and said she wasn't able to get any show info. Guess we have to wait & see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter