Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just not 1 night that is taken, I'm sure most will book the first night a week or so out and just put 1 night's deposit and would be blocking out a much longer time frame....should be more campsites and rooms available as we get closer to SWGE.

I think the reservations they are targeting are the 7-10 day stays that then are canceled at 46 days out or room only that are canceled 2 days before.

So you book a room pay your deposit, book FP at 60 days for 60+7 then at 46 days or 5 days out you cancel stay offsite but keep your FP.

If you keep the reservation, pay for the room and just don’t stay I’m not sure they care.

So glad to hear Disney is finally, finally doing something about this unfair practice. I think it had become so widespread that they had to finally do something. Might have been seeing all those empty campsites, maybe????? (sarcastic)
I'm just glad other people can now book rooms, campsites who actually want them.
I think there's going to be a big backlash from those who don't agree. Yea for Disney:)
I would argue that the people who use the campsites and rooms as a throwaway room ie: reserve, pay for, check in, would fit in the camp of those "who actually want them". I've seen people on here who book a throwaway room/campsite and actually visit the room for check-in or to rest, but not stay overnight. Would that also be "unfair"?

According to how I am reading this, those who book, pay for, and do not stay in campsites can still do so.
I agree. That's how I read it also. The issue is people who book, get the perks, then cancel before final payment is due or for a full refund and keep the perks. Those people are not using a throwaway room in the way that I've seen it described; they are knowingly scamming the system.

So glad to hear Disney is finally, finally doing something about this unfair practice. I think it had become so widespread that they had to finally do something. Might have been seeing all those empty campsites, maybe????? (sarcastic)
I'm just glad other people can now book rooms, campsites who actually want them.
I think there's going to be a big backlash from those who don't agree. Yea for Disney:)
Booking a campsite and paying for it and just not sleeping there is allowed and not breaking any rules...

i wonder how they'll address changes or shifts in dates - particularly those where the dates get pushed back. Let's say you've got a 10 day trip to start on Dec 1. You make your FPs and follow the strategy of scheduling the hard to get FPs for the end of the stay (around 60+5 and later). After the 60-day window, you move your trip back by 5 days or cut it short to start only at the second half of your original stay. Do you get to keep those original FPs at 60+5 and later? Do the dates of the new stay have to match up exactly with the original stay, or just overlap?

On the one hand, plans and schedules and flights change - erasing all FPs if you have to shift or cancel part of your dates isn't going to help guest relations (and Disney already makes it pretty challenging to change hotel reservation dates as it is). On the other hand, if they don't cancel FPs in those scenarios, they haven't really fixed the problem since it could still be abused.

RUMOR

Starting 2/4 according to reports on Twitter, if you cancel your hotel reservation it will automatically cancel your fastpasses as well so people who book throwaway rooms would be in trouble.

I thought a Throwaway Room was booking and paying for a room, just not sleeping in it???

How would booking and canceling benefit anyone??

I thought this was already the policy. I think it was 18 months ago I had a 8 night stay at the BC but then decided to stay at Bonnet Creek for 7 nights and All Stars 1 night. I was already in the 60-day window and when I cancelled it said "Warning all fast passes linked to this reservation will be cancelled." I kept waiting for it to happen but never did. I assumed my reservation at AS saved me.

I didn't realize people were doing this. Shows you how dishonest people can be.

Disney should put their heads in those things for prisoners (the pillory's) in Liberty Square and let us throw tomatoes at them. …. I guess that wouldn't be legal though.

A LOT of people are very dishonest sadly

If you book a room at a Disney Resort to use the 60 day fastpass window and then move the reservation date a few days forward, while still being in the 30 day timeframe, your fastpasses will definitely be intact. You can cancel the room after your last park visit and you are good. There is unfortunately nothing Disney could do to prevent that, other than taking horrendous cancellation fees.

If you book a room at a Disney Resort to use the 60 day fastpass window and then move the reservation date a few days forward, while still being in the 30 day timeframe, your fastpasses will definitely be intact. You can cancel the room after your last park visit and you are good. There is unfortunately nothing Disney could do to prevent that, other than taking horrendous cancellation fees.
They could cancel fast passes that were made with room reservations as soon as you no longer have a room reservation that evening. I absolutely hope they do this. You are supposed to get benefits for paying more to stay on property, so I’m 100% for it. This is from someone who spent years off property so I feel it’s fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!