Disney to acquire Lightstorm Entertainment?

Mr X

Earning My Ears
Remember that Disney make deal with James Cameron to build AVATAR area at Disney's Animal Kingdom?

blog_btavatar.jpg

Well, I got the Theory.

The Walt Disney Company will set to acquire Lightstorm Entertainment, The studio behind Titanic and Avatar and founded by James Cameron.

Lightstorm_Entertainment.png

Lightstorm Entertainment, the studio behind Titanic and Avatar.

Lightstorm Entertainment was founded in 1990 by James Cameron and Larry Kasanoff, with the studio's first film, Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Terminator2poster.jpg

Terminator 2: Judgment Day, The first film by Lightstorm Entertainment.

in 1997, Lightstorm Entertainment and James Cameron has direct Titanic starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet, distributed by 20th Century Fox and Paramount Pictures. Titanic being a BIG box office success with over $1,843,201,268 and being a Highest grossing film of all time (until Avatar surpassed it in 2010). Then in 2012, Titanic has been re-released in 3D, which came for the total of $2,185,372,302.

titanic.jpg

Titanic, a film that gross $2,185,372,302 and wins all the Awards

in 2009, Lightstorm Entertainment has released AVATAR, also directed by James Cameron and distributed by 20th Century Fox. AVATAR has broke the Box Office Record and gross $2,782,275,172 and become the Highest Grossing Films of all Time, and Nominated for all Awards.

neytiri-and-jake-800x480.jpg

AVATAR, the movie who broke the Box Office records.

Both movies, Titanic and Avatar are Highest Grossing Films of all Time

When Disney make deal with Lightstorm Entertainment and James Cameron to build AVATAR area, it is okay that Disney purchase Lightstorm Entertainment.

The Theatrical and Home Media distribution rights of Titanic and Avatar will be transferred to Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures and Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.

All the Lightstorm Entertainment upcoming project: Avatar 2, Avatar 3 and The Informationist will be transferred the distribution from 20th Century Fox to Walt Disney Pictures (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)

with Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel, Lucasfilm and Lightstorm Entertainment in Disney's Hand, will make so much money without having problem with the loss of money (just like John Carter) and make Walt Disney Studios a very Successful studios.

This would be hilarous based on the fact that Disney would technicly own another attraction at Universal Studios with T2.
I think they might have plans of instead of building 2 new parks, they're gonna slowly move into Universal Studios one franchise at a time. :lmao:

This would be hilarous based on the fact that Disney would technicly own another attraction at Universal Studios with T2.
I think they might have plans of instead of building 2 new parks, they're gonna slowly move into Universal Studios one franchise at a time. :lmao:

In my Mr. Burns voice " EXXXcelllent"

This would make sense but I don't see it happening especially with the recent purchase of Star Wars I don't see another large purchase this soon.

Why would Disney acquire a production house with a catalog of 8 whole films, that has recently been producing one movie every 5 years, has existing business relationships with both Paramount and 20th Century Fox, and would tie them to dealing with notorious pain in the backside James Cameron going forward (it is, after all, primarily Cameron's vanity production nameplate)?

If anything sinks the Avatar project at DAK, it will not be fan reactions. It will be the impossibility of working with Cameron.

There's a greater chance of Disney acquiring Spielberg's Amblin' Entertainment than Cameron's Lightstorm -- and the chances of Disney acquiring Amblin' approach zero.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter