Disney Tag - Can You Find Me?

Disney Mystic

Disney Fanatic and Father of Four Lil' Fanatics
So one of the things that may or may not have been done before with the group here is a tag-style game for when you're at the park. It mostly adds a little excitement that you might be found and get to meet one of the disboards.com members while there.

Basically, how it would work is if you have plans to be at the park, you'd post a picture of yourself (or your family, if you choose to do so) and the days you will be at the park, and which of the two parks you anticipate will be spending the most time at, and the general time period (mornings, afternoons, evenings - no need to be specific down to the hour).

Anyways, you'd pick up a little inexpensive (not sure "inexpensive" and "Disney" go together...) trinket in the gift shop as a reward, and if you were found, you'd give that person the trinket. Perhaps in exchange the finder might trade something back as well.

This doesn't mean others are going to have a printout of you and will spend their entire trip looking for you, but great things happen at Disney and it would be a great experience to actually run into someone and tag them.

I'll be going in the next couple weeks and I will be putting up a link to a photo. I'll also note what I will have on me if someone finds me. This might not be a very interesting idea for others and it might be something some of ya'll already do, so if so please forgive me.

That sounds fun!! I know I've been there plenty of times when others have been also but I never see anyone! LOL

Love the idea!! I am on board!!!
I will do the little gift thingy as well!!! It is kind of a way to do a DREAM!!
there should be a sticky thread for this where we can all go and post dates if we so choose to participate in this game!! Hey what better fun than a Disney game!!
I will post later a photo if this thread gets up and going with plenty of interest as I plan on being there on June 3rd in 3 weeks!!

I'll be there tomorrow and Thursday- I'll have 2 little blonde girls with me, and Thursday I'll be with a group of 14 moms and kids! Wed we'll be at DCA most of the day- with my friend and her 2 dds- Thurs we'll be in DL- All our moms will have red shirts on and the kids have matching Mickey/Minnie head shirts.

I always have my Overland Placer bag with me with my LGMH on it with a hanging stuffed Figment.

If you see me, say hi!!! I'll have a pin for the first person to find me if you're there

I won't be there again until JUne 1, but will check back to this thread nearto the date.

Last week I did the opposite of this. I was there with my DD and I knew another two families from her school were going as well. I honestly wanted to have a special day with my 7 year old, so spent the day looking for the other peo0le so that I could duck into a store/behind a exhibit etc. before they saw me!!! Very adult of me.

Never had to lurk, only saw them on the way out!!!!:banana:

I won't be there again until JUne 1, but will check back to this thread nearto the date.

Last week I did the opposite of this. I was there with my DD and I knew another two families from her school were going as well. I honestly wanted to have a special day with my 7 year old, so spent the day looking for the other peo0le so that I could duck into a store/behind a exhibit etc. before they saw me!!! Very adult of me.

Never had to lurk, only saw them on the way out!!!!:banana:

I admit we did the same thing a month ago- DD5's BFF was there with her mom, and our previous trip with them didn't go too well; I knew they were there, but didn't plan to run into them- though we did about 5 times- we all had different plans that day, though, so it worked out OK. Good thing my DD didn't realize we were trying NOT to hang out with her BFF LOL

I'll be there on Friday in DL and Saturday in DCA. I'll be one of four ladies having a great time on our "Diva" Weekend! We love to shop, Shop, shop!

I'll bring a couple of little things with me for the first two to see me (or us)! We range from 39 to 56.....two blondes and two brunettes! Good luck:) This sounds fun!!!

We're just going to miss you DDTink, we start our Disney adventure on Sunday.

We'll be there Sun May 18th and Mon May 19th and will be hopping between both parks, probably until park close (hint: if you're riding Pirates of the Caribbean right around 8pm on Sunday, we'll be sitting watching you float by near the start of your journey...) pirate:

If you locate me or my wife, just ask "Are you from Disboards?" and we'll know! I'll be at least carrying a new trading pin that I'll pick up when I get there that'll be yours if you find me. Extra info...I'll likely be wearing my lanyard with about 5 of 6 pins on it and my oldest son will probably be wearing the "Captain Jack" POTC jersey...our favorite areas are the Disney Train, New Orleans Square and Fantasyland.

Full trip report upon our return late next week. Hoping to meet someone there! And maybe finally we might actually get lucky and get dreamed like almost everyone else here!!! ;)

distag.jpg

[QUOTE=
We'll be there Sun May 18th and Mon May 19th and will be hopping between both parks, probably until park close (hint: if you're riding Pirates of the Caribbean right around 8pm on Sunday, we'll be sitting watching you float by near the start of your journey...) pirate:

We may see you after all. We'll be in DL for sure on Sunday up until 3 p.m. After that, we're off to the airport! I'll be on the lookout!

About 24 hours away from departure from Vegas...looks like its going to be a nice weekend weather-wise down there. Can't wait to sit at the little bakery on main street and eat one of those 18 million calorie cinnamon rolls with some milk. I don't know why but that's a must-do every time.

Tag update: We didn't see anyone or get tagged on our last trip. We will be there again on the following dates:

July 29th (Evening)
July 30th and 31st (Open to Close)

If you spot us, feel free to tag I'll again have a special trinket for whoever finds us. (And a hint, on the 31st around 6:30pm we'll be arriving to claim our spot where we will be sitting by a candle, watching boats take 'the plunge').

*edit* This picture is way too big, sorry.

P1040196.jpg

DIS board members often carry a Lime Green Micky Mouse Head (LGMMH) stuck on their backpack, bag, hat, person, etc. Lime green because that's the color scheme of these boards. You can find them if you have a Home Depot near you. They carry Disney brand paint, and the paint chips are in the shape of Mickey heads. So just saunter by there next time you're doing a hardward store run, and pick up a couple, and display them somewhere about your person. Then don't be surprised if somebody comes up to you on your vacation and says, "You're on the DISboards? Man, I'm addicted to that forum!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter