Disney Swan or Caribbean Beach???

LightningJules06

Earning My Ears
My family is planning a trip to Disney World and we want to stay at either the Walt Disney Swan Resort or the Caribbean Beach Resort. Any opinions??

Tough one, though CB theming is better and improved transportation with the Skyliner. ...I would say CB!

Should be some pretty cut and dried differences to compare to make your pick.
I'd list out the pros and cons. For my personal tastes and preferences, Swan would be the no brainer if they were priced the same.

I can kind of answer that as I did a trip april this year . stayed 2 nights dolphin ,5 night caribbean ,2 nights AOT. my fav was dolphin .loved location and all the eating options near by .loved riding the boats to the parks.. still had a disney feel I thought with every excited to be there . my wifes (and probably my kids) loved the caribbean .probably because we had a great room right next to main food court and with great waer view . was easy walk to refill our mugs . kids loved the pool . had a great relaxed disney feeling. AOT was bit disppointing and I dont know why . AOt was the one I was looking forward to the most but after others just seem busy and not as much staff around .
Im going back in april next year with 15yo to do star wars weekend run . first 4 days is a expensive time as its week after easter leading into run weekend but i manged to get Dolphin on priceline express deal for $209 plus tax and fees . I knew it was Dolphin as they had a pic of shower area saying it was from hotel and found the exact Pic on trip advisor . pretty sure they had the Swan for $20 more

Swan in a heartbeat for us - but consider that you don't get Magical Express when staying there, so that may add an extra expense for you if you need it. Do you need heavy Disney theming? If you do, CBR may be a better choice, but I actually love the not so in-your-face theming at Swan. The Swan location is way better than CBR in my opinion, but we like to walk to Epcot & DHS.

There will be lots of subjective opinions, but depending on your needs, recommendations may be swayed.

For instance, Swan does not provide Magical Express so you'll need to get your own transportation to and from the airport if applicable. Swan also has a resort fee charged per day which adds to the cost.

Swan has a much better location, although the difference will be mitigated once the Skyliner is live. It will also be more in line with a deluxe resort, and is much smaller than CBR. So for me, it would solely depend on the cost difference. If the difference including resort fees/parking fees was negligible, I'd go with Swan. If it was significant ($400+), I would choose CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!