Disney stock?

disneygirlatheart

DIS Veteran
These are probally stupid questions to you who buy and sell often, so please be nice. I am really interested in this. Anyway, I have never purchased stock before nor know anything about it. I would like to get some shares of Disney and a few others. Can anyone tell me where and how to go about this? What do I need to know for a beginner? Do you do it online? Thanks in advance.

As an "amateur" options trader who has not worked a "job" in 19 years...(I am 57 years of age)... The best advise I can give, is don't take stock tips from anyone. Most people are lousy investors. If they admit it, they will tell you that they have padded the pockets of various brokers, who told them to "diversify". The Hunt brothers did not get rich by diversification.

They have been told by their broker to buy stocks and hold them for the "long term". They also have been told not to buy options because they are too risky. They have been told to buy mutual funds because...heck I don't know why they were told that. Mutual funds go up when the market is up and when it goes sideways or down lose. The best ones do 20% over a 5 year period. And that is before fees and comissions.

Please do your own research before investing your money. If you want to own a few shares of Disney just to own them, that's up to you.

Disney had an up quarter, as just reported, due to the success of their film division. Theme parks have not added to their bottom line since 9/11. They have just spent a great deal of money on acquisition of new TV shows for ABC. Only time will tell if that was good money spent or not.

Remember, I too, have just given you advise.
It is worth what you've paid for it.
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter