Disney Stock News & Earnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivShore

DIS Veteran
Last edited:
I don't know what to make of it. The market in general is bonkers right now. Sure, vaccines are around the corner, so to speak. But in the meantime, the pandemic is the worst its ever been and getting worse by the day.

And most of Disney's core businesses are still crippled. What are they rising on? Just Disney plus and vaccine optimism?

Eh. I'm a shareholder, too. Only 28 shares though at the moment. Bought around $100/share so pretty nice profit if I were to sell. :D Think I'll hold forever though and gradually accumulate more.

Investors are realizing that Disney is much more than the parks and some animated movies.

It's remarkable. Covid was negative for parks/cruises but the situation being positive for Dis+ helped counteract it.

Disney is one of the smartest companies out there. especially where it comes to consumerism. Cute wholesome little Disney kitten is actually a insatiable tiger behind closed doors, lol.

I’m still waiting for a discount. They’ve taken on a lot of debt. Between that and the theme park cuts, long term rewards look just ok.

I’m still waiting for a discount. They’ve taken on a lot of debt. Between that and the theme park cuts, long term rewards look just ok.

Agreed on the travel related side of the business but the market is focused on streaming and is applying Netflix like multiples to it.

The whole market is a bubble right now. Unemployment/underemployment is sky high, companies are taking on debt and revenues are majorly down. Corporate land leases are under water. People are taking pay cuts left and right, Yet most stocks are up.

Heck, Norwegian Cruise reported 3 more months of little to no revenue today with their cancellations, marking a year of 0 revenue, but their stock had a 5% swing winding up 2%. Take the profits while you can.

Kicks myself for not buying MORE of the stock when it was well under $100/share. I still can't believe it is hitting historic highs with all the turmoil the company (and economy) is in.

Kicks myself for not buying MORE of the stock when it was well under $100/share. I still can't believe it is hitting historic highs with all the turmoil the company (and economy) is in.

DH sold ours several months ago for reasons I can't explain.

Heck, I thought it was high then and that I'd never see a good return on it. I should never doubt that Disney stock!

Probably for same reason I sold some of mine: -- just thought that Disney was in trouble and the stock was bound to go even lower.

Lots of money chasing few opportunities, I sold all my Disney stock a long time ago as to Disney+, Hulu is far more valuable, Remember Disney+ is being GIVEN away by verizon and others. I said 'thanks but no thanks' to Disney+ when Verizon offered it the key is how many people are willing to PAY for it I expect that number is much smaller than those currently subscribed 'for free'.

Disney like most companies which engage in financial engineering rather than concentrating on products and services will go PFFT! someday and everyone will wonder what happened, The parks and studios / streaming will be with us they just will be owned by other people.

Lots of money chasing few opportunities, I sold all my Disney stock a long time ago as to Disney+, Hulu is far more valuable, Remember Disney+ is being GIVEN away by verizon and others. I said 'thanks but no thanks' to Disney+ when Verizon offered it the key is how many people are willing to PAY for it I expect that number is much smaller than those currently subscribed 'for free'.

Disney like most companies which engage in financial engineering rather than concentrating on products and services will go PFFT! someday and everyone will wonder what happened, The parks and studios / streaming will be with us they just will be owned by other people.
So you don‘t go to Disney, you turn down a free Disney+ subscription, you generally detest anything having to do with Disney today, yet you continue to post on a Disney forum...

While Disney+ may be seen as free to users, it was not surprising at all to see a cross agreement to "discount" the service to VzW on a per user per time frame agreement. From Bloomberg:
https://www.bloomberg.com/press-rel...verizon-to-give-customers-12-months-of-disney"In tandem with the Disney+ November 12 launch, Verizon will become the exclusive wireless carrier to offer 12 months of Disney+ to all new and existing 4G LTE and 5G unlimited wireless customers. Verizon will also offer 12 months of Disney+ to its new Fios Home Internet and 5G Home Internet customers."

Disney gets to claim the total VzW subscriber base as members (even if they don't activate it) to inflate their subscription numbers and VzW gets a new marketing angle to capture eyeballs. Both companies plan know that a certain percent will remain after the one year expiration. And they know by how difficult to extract from a once free offer over history. Not sure which company got the better end, but the pairing was a brilliant piece of marketing! Actions like this are why the stock keeps climbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts