Disney Springs - favorite locations for adult beverages?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by disneyvoice, Feb 16, 2017.

1. disneyvoice

disneyvoice DIS Veteran

We moved to Texas from Tampa about a year and half ago. Since we left I can't believe all the changed that have come to Disney Springs (it was still under heavy construction in locations when we were last there). There seem to be so many amazing places to get cocktails now but unfortunately since we can't just drive there to spend the day anymore we are limited on how many places we can go.

What are your favorite places to sit, relax, and have an adult beverage? We have already been to the bar out on the water at the Boathouse so we would probably like to try someplace new. In particular I am curious about what people think about the Coca-Cola bar and the Hanger Bar as places to stop and get a drink. We have and ADR at Homecoming and also at Morimoto and Paddlefish but I am going to have to let one of those go. So any recommendations on whether one of those locations would be better just sitting at the bar would be great. Pictures are always appreciated!!!

2. wezee

wezee Am I cheating on my husband, if I have dreams abou

Raglan Road, Margarita Shack, House of Blues.

3. Moliphino

Moliphino Mouseketeer

The Hangar Bar is our new favorite at Disney Springs. Interesting and tasty drinks and tons to look at inside. The outside seating in the boat is also nice if it's not super hot outside.
    I haven't been in a while so I'm not sure if this is still true, but House of Blues used to have decent happy hour specials from 3-5. We used to stop in there before dinner at Raglan Road.

4. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Mikka

Mikka Mouseketeer

Morimoto's bar is my current favorite bar in Disney Springs. There's two of them, they're cool looking, they pour strong interesting drinks and they have a large selection of sake and Japanese whiskey, which is right up my alley.

I also like Homecoming's selection of Moonshine drinks. Raglan Road is by far the loudest bar (unless you're there midafternoon), but the dancers and whiskey make it worth it. House of Blues happy hour is worth hitting- the deals are only on well drinks, but they're actual deals (unlike say, the Hanger Bar's happy hour, which is just a rip off).

6. DisneyHardin

DisneyHardin DIS Veteran

We really enjoyed the Hangar Bar. I had one of their specialty drinks and DH had bourbon. The servers were very nice and the theming was great.

7. JZCubed

JZCubed DIS Veteran

Any place with bourbon and maybe an extra ice cube.

8. Chrelaine

Chrelaine Mouseketeer

We liked Hangar Bar. The inside is small but unique. We didn't check out the outside because we were there in August and praying for A/C. I believe I had a Reggie's Revenge and DH had their version of a Long Island Iced Tea. Definitely worth a stop.

9. thepicklebee

thepicklebee Mouseketeer

I just drink bourbon and don't really do "specialty" drinks but did enjoy the bar at Homecoming. A bourbon and a jasper board are a great way to spend some time.

soniam likes this.
  10. yankebabie

yankebabie DIS Veteran

Hangar Bar

11. MouseMama11

MouseMama11 Mouseketeer

Raglan Road is our favorite place at Disney Springs to sit with a beer and people watch!!

12. soniam

soniam Wooden leg named Smith...

We have done Hangar Bar, Morimoto, and Homecoming. Homecoming has easy drinkable and refreshing drinks. In other words, you can't taste the alcohol, but it's there alright. The drinks are really smooth and delicious. The bar and outdoor area are very relaxing next to the water. Morimoto's are good but fancier, sweeter, and more upscale. I don't find their downstairs bar area very big or relaxing. The upstairs bar looks cool but is only open at night. Hangar Bar has great ambiance, but compared to the other two, their drinks are definitely lacking.

The food at both Morimoto and Homecoming is fabulous. If you have a small group, you can usually find a seat outside or at the bar at Homecoming, and the full menu is available. So, you might be able to go there, eat, & drink, without an ADR. I don't how busy the upstairs bar at Morimoto gets or what food you can order there.