Disney Spring Resorts

MsDisney5

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

I am looking at my options for staying in the Disney Spring resort area hotels. We will be going the first week in November and there aren't many Disney resorts available. Do you have a favorite? Can you give opinions on them? What about Wyndham Bonnet Creek? I've been using the search bar to research a little and just don't know which to choose. We will be a group of 7, including 3 kids (6,5,4).

Thank you in advanced for the help!!

We've stayed at the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace, and the Hilton Orlando Lake Beuna Vista (Both are accross from Disney Springs, and on either side of Hotel Plaza BLVD. They each have an intersecting pedestrian bridge with elevator or stairs access. The walk is about 5-10 minutes depending on where you are in the hotel. If you are trying to take advantage of Disney transportation, highly recommend these two locations. Disney Springs transportation will take you to resorts, but you can also take a short walk right over to adjacent Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, and get onto bus's from their Congress Park bus stop to any parks.

Have not stayed at Wyndham, but its right there as well, so all the above still apply :-) - There is also typically a bus back from the parks starting in the evening back to Disney Springs. If its not running at the time your trying to leave the park, you can take the Saratoga Springs bus back to the Congress Park stop, and walk back to your hotel that way. Plenty of options.

Last edited:
if you choose wyndham bonnet creek better rent a car or plan to use uber constantly; i believe they charge for their shuttle and it doesn't run as often as wdw transportation; resort is very nice but even though it is very close to the boardwalk you will still need 4 wheels;

I can also recommend looking at the JW Marriot Bonnet Creek. They have "family suites" which consists of a king bedroom, living room, and connects to a room with 2 queen beds. Their shuttle runs regularly to all the parks (though I often take an Uber when I am there). This link will give you an idea of when their buses run: https://jwbonnetcreek.ipoolside.com/

Also, be sure and check out the Swan and Dolphin. There was NO availability for the fall earlier but that seems to have changed. They also have some suites that sleep more.

Note that both of these resorts have a resort fee, however, if you book a suite (multiple rooms that connect in both cases) you are charged one resort fee for the reservation.

The Bonnet Creek hotels are nice and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, but you do need your own form of transportation to stay there. In fact, I would say that any hotel offsite, unless you want to pay out the nose for rideshare, you will need your own car.

I can also recommend looking on Hotwire and Priceline's Express for Bonnet Creek area resorts and you'll likey find a few of the names mentioned above for a lower rate. There's a thread talking about the rates and de-masking a few of the hidden names but you can figure out a lot just by reading the descriptions. Hope that helps!

We stayed at B Resort 3 years ago and loved our experience. At the time, their shuttles ran pretty regularly with minimal timing issues. We also were only ever in the hotel to sleep and didn't go back for a mid-day break.

We have stayed at plenty of them. Names have changed on some. Grosevenor is now the B I believe. Hilton. Best Western. Holiday Inn. The old Best Western I think is being re-done but we always stayed there on arrival day for years because they had rooms with three queen beds. Overall, the Hilton is the winner though for us because of location and using Hilton points kept it low.

Hi everyone!

I am looking at my options for staying in the Disney Spring resort area hotels. We will be going the first week in November and there aren't many Disney resorts available. Do you have a favorite? Can you give opinions on them? What about Wyndham Bonnet Creek? I've been using the search bar to research a little and just don't know which to choose. We will be a group of 7, including 3 kids (6,5,4).

Thank you in advanced for the help!!

Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a "timeshare" resort you can rent from. They are full service apartments. Included in the foot print is the Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek. It is a full service hotel, has some family suites. Your resort fee there will include shuttle buses to park, you might have to reserve a spot on them. Timeshare has their own buses for a fee. Also at Bonnet Creek is JW Marriott, Hilton and Waldorf - all great hotels with their own buses. NONE of these are walking distance to Disney Springs.

Wyndham Garden / Tower would be one at Disney Springs and be clear which part you book. Garden rooms are very small.

I have stayed at Hilton, Hilton Buena Vista Palace, B Resort, Doubletree Resort and Wyndham under another brand. I have not stayed at Holiday Inn or what will be Drury when it opens. With 5, the rooms at each, other than Doubletree, will be limited so check those prices out. Question is if you want lots of pool time, Palace has a great pool but the others are very basic but will cool you off.

We have stayed at plenty of them. Names have changed on some. Grosevenor is now the B I believe. Hilton. Best Western. Holiday Inn. The old Best Western I think is being re-done but we always stayed there on arrival day for years because they had rooms with three queen beds. Overall, the Hilton is the winner though for us because of location and using Hilton points kept it low.

The Grosvenor is now the Wyndham Garden / Tower. The B Resort used to be a smaller brand Royal Inn then Royal Plaza. Best Western will be a Drury Inn when it reopens.

Last edited:
Hi!
The Bonnet Creek hotels are nice and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, but you do need your own form of transportation to stay there. In fact, I would say that any hotel offsite, unless you want to pay out the nose for rideshare, you will need your own car.
I’m staying in a Bonney Creek resort, I thought they had very good shuttle service to parks. Do you think they do not??? I was under the impression with the large resort fee per day it was included….yikes! I hope so

Hi!

I’m staying in a Bonney Creek resort, I thought they had very good shuttle service to parks. Do you think they do not??? I was under the impression with the large resort fee per day it was included….yikes! I hope so

Bonnet Creek Resort or Club Bonnet Creek - that is the "timeshare" units has a shuttle bus system BUT you must make reservations and pay per person.

If you are staying at the Wyndham Grand Hotel Bonnet Creek then yes the shuttle bus is included in your resort fee. You might need to make a reservation and check on that.

As an FYI the Hilton and Waldorf also include shuttles in their resort fee and they run a pretty good system there. JW Marriott also includes shuttle service.

You don't need your own transportation, although at the timeshare one I'd likely use uber instead of paying them.

TO ADD: Bonnet Creek "timeshare" resort parking is free, all the hotels you pay to park a car.

I just booked the Holiday Inn Disney Springs last night. Got a hot rate on Hotwire plus an additional $21 off for booking on the app. For 3 nights, paying $299 (plus the resort and parking fee). So not a bad deal at all. Holiday Inn DS seems to have a lot of great feedback on Trip Advisor.

Hi!

I guess I should have qualified my answer to say that I'm not willing to use the shuttles at offsite hotels. In my experience, they didn't run on a frequent schedule and were frustrating to use, but that was prior to COVID. I cannot speak to it now.

I just booked the Holiday Inn Disney Springs last night. Got a hot rate on Hotwire plus an additional $21 off for booking on the app. For 3 nights, paying $299 (plus the resort and parking fee). So not a bad deal at all. Holiday Inn DS seems to have a lot of great feedback on Trip Advisor.

While it is only one of two I haven't stayed at there (only because I've never hit a great rate for my dates) ... I will say I have never heard anything but positive reviews of the hotel (pre-covid). Plus is you also get some Disney perks, can't beat location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter