Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

No standing. These cabins are not designed for standees. The bench seats are designed to seat up to 5 adults on each side.

I believe a safety sign at DHS station was photographed, and said to remain seated at all times.
Don't the benches fold up to accommodate scooters/wheelchairs/strollers (thereby reducing the capacity by half)? Or was that design done away with?

Thanks. I think I will just take a half day, or maybe a whole day to ride on it and visit the resorts it is connected to. I arrive Sept. 29 so the timing is right.

That's exactly what I'm planning to do, only I'll be there a week or two before the official opening. I've got my fingers crossed for a soft opening while I'm there.

Do we know if there is a speaker system in the gondolas? Wondering if there will be a message system.

I hadn’t really thought about not standing in the gondolas. I guess there’s nothing to hold onto - like a railing or loops. Guess there will be a repetitive mantra of the CMs “please sit, no standing, etc”

I’m excited to ride in October and I’m fine with the passive airflow. My only issue is riding backwards. I always bypass the backward facing seats on trains for motion sickness. Wonder if the CMs will let you request a forward facing seat?

Do we know if there is a speaker system in the gondolas? Wondering if there will be a message system.

I hadn’t really thought about not standing in the gondolas. I guess there’s nothing to hold onto - like a railing or loops. Guess there will be a repetitive mantra of the CMs “please sit, no standing, etc”

I’m excited to ride in October and I’m fine with the passive airflow. My only issue is riding backwards. I always bypass the backward facing seats on trains for motion sickness. Wonder if the CMs will let you request a forward facing seat?

The cars do have power in them, so a speaker is possible, but there is no word yet if it will or will not have them.

The CM's are not assigning seats, just a gondola cabin. If you need a forward facing seat, that is between you and your other cabin mates.

The CM's are not assigning seats, just a gondola cabin. If you need a forward facing seat, that is between you and your other cabin mates.

There are videos on YouTube (Passport to the Parks) that show testing of the speakers they are outside the cabins

I agree with @cranbiz. I will say though that if I entered a cabin with someone and they requested to face forward I would grant it without question! Hopefully others will do this for you @Jorjabelle if you ask them.

This video shows the announcements are made outside the cabins

That doesn’t mean there won’t be anything inside.

I agree.

Personally, I would be surprised if Disney doesn't have some sort of a speaker system on-board, if for no other reason than to make their customary announcement about an attraction being stopped, please stay seated, will resume again.....

If anything, I think it's more important to have an announcement system when I'm suspended over Hour Glass Lake as opposed to hopping around in a honey pot or riding in a clam shell.

I agree.

Personally, I would be surprised if Disney doesn't have some sort of a speaker system on-board, if for no other reason than to make their customary announcement about an attraction being stopped, please stay seated, will resume again.....

Yeah, I have a hard time believing they won't have a speaker system in the actual cabin. God forbid there is an actual emergency. I don't think it would be very good if they had no way to let the riders know what was going on.

Last edited:
Undercover Tourist's blog post from last month (July 18th) contains the following statement: "Disney has revealed that the nearly 300 gondolas will feature onboard audio, which we imagine will be similar to the commentary you hear on the monorails."

I'm sure that the spiel contains some variation on "please remain seated at all times when the cabin doors are closed"

Undercover Tourist's blog post from last month (July 18th) contains the following statement: "Disney has revealed that the nearly 300 gondolas will feature onboard audio, which we imagine will be similar to the commentary you hear on the monorails."

I'm sure that the spiel contains some variation on "please remain seated at all times when the cabin doors are closed"

"Por favor de las puertas mientras la góndola está en movimiento"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter