Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Some people are now emotionally invested in the idea the cabins will be intolerable so of course for them they will be.
Yes, that sort of thing happens a lot, and not just about this. It is so weird - people working so hard to make sure that they are going to be unhappy or upset.

Personally I'm emotionally invested in having more efficient transportation to/from the parks so I'm sure I'll find the cabins to be quite comfortable and with a good view.
Good idea. I work very hard to make sure that I'm able to be happy and satisfied about the things I do. I think that's much better than working so hard to make sure one is going to be disappointed.

I agree that people can just scroll through the comments that they aren't interested in but it is also worth people understanding that if they feel that the answers already provided are insufficient then there are no answers that can be provided to them at this point that they would find satisfactory. The next step for them is to wait for reports from real people coming off the gondolas on a hot day, or for the most cynical of them, feeling how it is for themselves.

Well of course. I don’t think anyone would disagree with that.

But new people still stumble into this thread from time to time. I’ve noticed that when that happens, and they comment on the AC or question it, some people can be condescending. People should just ignore what they don’t want to read.

Maybe it is generational. I'm old enough to remember the rules about reading an online thread before posting a message to it. I guess those rules don't exist anymore.

There’s lots of helpful information in post number 1. I’d expect or encourage people to read that, but not this entire gigantic thread if they had a question that wasn’t covered there. I don’t know if that’s generational or not. Lol.

Anyways, it is a discussion board. Some people want to ask about A/C, some people come here just to gush about how excited they are or ask if the gondolas are online or what progress has been made. All comments seem fine to me.

That, doesn't really help my trip (Aug 24 - 31, hoping to avoid DHS after the 28th). I have two weeks or so until PIF, I wish they'd do an official announcement so I know if I should switch from POP to ASMovies and save a few bucks.

I was thinking the same thing so went and priced it out. And it was literally only a couple bucks savings...less than $2 cheaper per night for All Star Music vs. current price I have for POP. So that made my decision easy to stick with POP even if the Skyliner might not be open yet.

I don't come here all that often and I certainly don't have time to read through a 390+ page thread to see how these would be cool enough. If that bothers people just go past what I've asked. But at least now people can argue about whether it's proper to ask about a facet of the gondola in a thread...about the gondola.

I'm not one who worries about the heat anyway. My issue is the fear of heights but that's on me.

Thanks to those who actually answered my questions.

No worries. A/C seems to be the #1 new-to-the-thread question, even ahead of "when's it going to open?" so it's going to keep coming up.
You had a perfectly valid question.
Not really the case because people just jump in and ask the question without reading the many posts already in the thread about AC. Just goes to show that people are lazy and would rather just ask a repetitive question than look for answers.
Well of course. I don’t think anyone would disagree with that.

But new people still stumble into this thread from time to time. I’ve noticed that when that happens, and they comment on the AC or question it, some people can be condescending. People should just ignore what they don’t want to read.
While you can certainly ignore things you don't want to read it's hard to find new topics that are relevant because of all the repetitive questions! You have to read part of every message to know what it's talking about.

I don't come here all that often and I certainly don't have time to read through a 390+ page thread to see how these would be cool enough. If that bothers people just go past what I've asked. But at least now people can argue about whether it's proper to ask about a facet of the gondola in a thread...about the gondola.

I'm not one who worries about the heat anyway. My issue is the fear of heights but that's on me.

Thanks to those who actually answered my questions.

Feel free to ask any questions you have.

For those interested in finding out topics that have been covered (many have been covered in this thread at great length) there is a handy search function at the top of every screen. It easily allows us the ability to search everywhere, thread, through a forum or just through this thread. I use it on almost a daily basis and find it really helpful.

Not really the case because people just jump in and ask the question without reading the many posts already in the thread about AC. Just goes to show that people are lazy and would rather just ask a repetitive question than look for answers.

If you actually went back and read :D the question in question, it was a perfectly valid one about whether the ventilation on the gondola would actually be cooling on a hot day or just force hot air in.

The question was not “Will the gondolas have A/C?” part#582.

I was thinking the same thing so went and priced it out. And it was literally only a couple bucks savings...less than $2 cheaper per night for All Star Music vs. current price I have for POP. So that made my decision easy to stick with POP even if the Skyliner might not be open yet.

We booked POP the day the FL rates were released, and it was only $3 less for ASMo. That was the first time I questioned that the Skyliner would be done by our trip.

Just because you call something a rule doesn't make it so. It may be your personal rule, but it's not one to which most people adhere.
No, I meant that it actually used to be a common rule on discussion forums, perhaps before the DIS boards even existed. It was called "smeeking".

No, I meant that it actually used to be a common rule on discussion forums, perhaps before the DIS boards even existed. It was called "smeeking".

Again, you're expecting people to adhere to a rule that isn't a rule here.

For those interested in finding out topics that have been covered (many have been covered in this thread at great length) there is a handy search function at the top of every screen. It easily allows us the ability to search everywhere, thread, through a forum or just through this thread. I use it on almost a daily basis and find it really helpful.

This thread was started two years and five months ago. It contains a TON of speculation, particularly in the early pages. Using the search function here might actually provide you with incorrect information.

Understood. When I posted the first message about it it hadn't occurred to me that that rule doesn't apply anymore. That kind of thing has happened a lot as I've gotten older.

This thread was started two years and five months ago. It contains a TON of speculation, particularly in the early pages. Using the search function here might actually provide you with incorrect information.
That is very true, though even asking a new question and getting a new answer might result in incorrect information.

Understood. When I posted the first message about it it hadn't occurred to me that that rule doesn't apply anymore. That kind of thing has happened a lot as I've gotten older.

That is very true, though even asking a new question and getting a new answer might result in incorrect information.
Yes. So much is speculation.

I agree but one of the great features about the search function on this board is that it displays results from the most recently posted then back in time! It’s a wonderful feature that not all know about. I was just trying to share how it works as often it provides great information in a matter of seconds as opposed to asking a question that may have already been asked and hoping the person who responds first has accurate information. It’s a great way to scan recent conversations about the exact thing you’re wondering about and truly is a great feature of the enhancements DISBoards just made!!

I agree but one of the great features about the search function on this board is that it displays results from the most recently posted then back in time! It’s a wonderful feature that not all know about. It’s a great way to scan recent conversations about the exact thing you’re wondering about and truly is a great feature of the enhancements DISBoards just made!!
I find the search feature helpful when I’m looking for a specific thread title. But in searching this thread, I mostly get a mish mash of irrelevant information when I plug in key words. YMMV.

I was just trying to share how it works as often it provides great information in a matter of seconds as opposed to asking a question that may have already been asked and hoping the person who responds first has accurate information.

I really wouldn’t worry about getting inaccurate information on the Dis. Somebody always come along to correct someone else. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter