Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I foresee booklets with pictures off all the character gondola so people can track their progress towards riding them all.

Really, Do people do this with the monorails? "I haven't ridden monorail blue yet this trip!!" or like the cars on the speedway? I just don't see there being some huge priority to ride back and forth on the gondolas just to get all the characters. Now I COULD see some kid saying "I want to wait for Nemo!" which will be a problem they will have to deal with. If it becomes a REAL problem - goodbye overlays.

Really, Do people do this with the monorails? "I haven't ridden monorail blue yet this trip!!" or like the cars on the speedway? I just don't see there being some huge priority to ride back and forth on the gondolas just to get all the characters. Now I COULD see some kid saying "I want to wait for Nemo!" which will be a problem they will have to deal with. If it becomes a REAL problem - goodbye overlays.
Yes. People do those things. It's a thing. Everything is a thing, that's what I've learned on the Internet.

The same reason why adults or older children enjoy meeting people wearing a suit or a costume pretending to be a particular character maybe? People like to do silly things like that, it's fun, something different than you do everyday. Like achievements in video games. Would it be for everyone? Probably not but, fun for someone who goes to disney frequently or loves characters, or whatever. It's easy to track in the disney play app (or on your own if you wanted to) and would probably attract some user engagement. Personally I've chased some rather ridiculous and pointless achievements in certain games and it was fun to do.

my son tracked which monorail colors we rode ... so yeah, I could see it being a thing

I have raised in the past what happens when people want to wait for certain gondolas... the thinking (hope?) is that they aren't going to let people back it up during busy times (now, you want to let the people behind you go so you can get the next one, fine) but perhaps during mid day slow periods they would let you wait

People waited in long lines to ride from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland.

And the Skyliner seems like it will be shorter waits, a longer ride, and maybe more fun (or at least faster).

Right there with you. We will be in the parks from June 4th til the 8th, was hoping beyond hope that a quick ride was doable...Oh well, just sit and watch with awe I guess... :cool2:

We will be there right around the same time...and will be watching them in awe with a tinge of sadness because we won't get to ride. I think we will be driving to DHS, so I will have to make sure I don't get distracted while parking staring at them ;)

I’m not sure of the “terms” we’re using lol but I shot this video today at Hollywood Studios of the “spur”? “second”? line.
There are two cabins waiting on the spur line as the third cabin comes into the spur the first of the two cabins goes back on the “main” line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!