Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

With the walls by the gift shop on the England side, wonder if folks will exit the park to the skyliner on the back side of that gift shop. Need to look at an overhead to see what is there, is it even possible?
This has been speculated in the past.

After looking at the overhead, I wonder if they might move the friendship boat docking area....either to the area currently walled off putting it in the bubble. Either that, move it back allowing the bag check area to expand to the water, and allow more tap styles to expand into the currently walled place.

Still clear as mud. They are doing stuff, but man it's hard to decipher how it's going to work.

With the walls by the gift shop on the England side, wonder if folks will exit the park to the skyliner on the back side of that gift shop. Need to look at a overhead to see what is there, is it even possible?
I looked at a overhead photo and can see there is a wooded area between the gift shop and the UK pavilion that would be plenty of room for a separate entrance/exit with security...might need to use a little bit of the paved area behind it.
That would really eliminate the bottle neck at closing. They could still have a front entrance/exit mainly for IGW resort guests that want to use the Skyliner to go to DHS or the Rivera for dinner.

Since they are local, it's not as important as it is to those of us that will use it more...

I also listened to that podcast. Too bad it was after the fact as I want to comment in the chat box so bad. How they were all concerned about the safety of the whole thing. My comment would have been have you guys ever driven around Orlando or in Florida in general.? As someone who travels to Orlando once a year and rents a car, it is often scariest experience of my life. and I’m doing hail Mary’s every time I drop the car back off that nothing happened to us. I have witnessed some serious crazy driving in the Orlando areaI would rather be riding the skyline 24/7 then driving in the car in Florida

Some - but still got things wrong/different. They really should have you one whenever they talk of rumors .... even if still speculation at least it would be consistent with the latest info on their forum
Yeah, thanks to Ryan's input we got the "They will stop the line and lift a gondola off of it in the middle if there is an issue!" I really don't think that is what Ryan meant when he said they were detachable and could be removed from the line if there was a problem.

Yes, you go from Pop to CBR get off and then on the DHS line.
So the flow pattern will be:

In the morning
Pop&AoA-to-CBR - Guests at POP&AoA going to HS PLUS those going to Epcot
CBR-to-HS - Guests at POP&AoA PLUS guests at CBR going to HS
CBR-to-Epcot - Guests at POP&AoA PLUS guests at CBR going to Epcot

In the Evening
Epcot-to-CBR - People staying at CBR PLUS people staying at POP&AoA
HS-to-CBR - People staying at CBR PLUS people staying at POP&AoA
CBR-To-POP - Pop&A0A Guest from HS PLUS POP&AoA guests from Epcot MINUS guests from CRB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter