Disney shopping policy on shipping

SuzanneSLO

DIS Veteran
My husband just bought 2 items on disneyshopping. One of them was oversized with a $75 shipping charge and was also backordered for 16 weeks. When the other item shipped, we were charged the $75 shipping charge. He was told that it is Disney's policy to charge all the shipping when the first item ships.
To get this credited back to our account, he was able to cancel his order for the unshipped item and re-order it as a separate order. What a pain!
Just wanted to give you the heads up. -- SuzanneSLO

Wow, that is nuts! Especially when it is back ordered for that long. We ordered the Entertainment center, coatrack, bench w/ cushions and wall shelf (plus a bunch of little stuff....turned our garage into a media room). They were having the free shipping at the time but of course I paid the extra surcharges. The entertainment center was $150 to deliver but sense I bought so much stuff I did not notice when they charged me shipping. They did not charge me for any items utill shipped. The entertainment center is wonderful but it was back ordered for an extra month. Then when we got it the door would not shut real well and it had already formed a groove where it was scraping at the bottom. Once we put the tv in, it really would not shut. I called and they are sending me a another one but it has been back ordered for over a month now. They were suppose to have already picked this one up but no one has came. I do like the look and quality (real wood) of the furniture, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!