Disney Rewards Bank 1 Credit Card Users

tswindell

Earning My Ears
I was a charter member of the Disney Rewards Bank One credit card. I have always paid the balance on my card each month before the due date. In Oct. I was charged late fees when in fact I had sent the payment the day after receiving the bill. I called and the late charges were removed. The next month I received $1.00 late fee from the previous month. I called and explained what had happened but the rep refused to remove it. I then spoke with a supv who immediately was very abusive. She told me they considered it as me having paid my bill late even if the post office was to blame. It went on and on with her actually yelling at me. I finally told her to just cancel my card I could not take being treated this way. Two months later I find out that I've lost all my disney reward dollars and there is nothing I can do about it. We take our children to Disney every year and these reward dollars were greatly appreciated. Does anybody know if there's any way I can get the forty-five dollars I earned?

I don't blame you -- at all! -- for cancelling the card, but unfortunately, you need to be "an account holder in good standing" for any credit card's rewards program. I doubt they'll let you keep your $45. Sorry.

I think it's ridiculous the way you were treated. I would write a letter documenting everything and send it to the VP of Customer Service (find the name on the internet), the letter will probably be intercepted but still, and then put something in it like "to add insult to injury, my card was canceled before I had a chance to redeem my Disney dollars. I am surprised to receive such poor customer service from a company affiliated with and representing Walt Disney World. I would appreciate you forwarding my $45 earned Disney Dollars to me at..."

It'll only cost you 37 cents and your time and you'll be able to state your case and make someone else in the company aware of the situation. I think if you state your case firmly but politely you might get your dollars.

I can't believe this is all over $1! It's crazy, isn't it? Drives you crazy too!

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I now have names and addresses. I am also going to request they pull the tape of our conversation. I failed to mention the last thing the supervisor told me after I'd canceled the card was that they had removed the $1 charge from my bill. If I'd been told that at the beginning none of this would have taken place. Also I've read some of the other credit card offerings I've received in the mail this weekend that says if you close your account you forfeit your rewards but you can redeem them if you reopen your account within 90 days, so I'm going to check this out with Bank 1. Thanks again.

This seems to be a real problem with Bank1-We too had BIG problems with rude supervisors-such a shame because I really would like a Disney card-but no way am I every dealing with them again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter