Disney Restaurants and Gluten Free Diet

JFrey4240

DIS Veteran
My friend will be spending a day with us a WDW this July and is on a gluten free diet. We've decided to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch and Concourse Steakhouse for dinner. We were told to ask to speak to the chef when we check in. Is this enough notice or should I call before we leave? Any advice is appreciated since I've never had to do this before. Thanks!

If you call Brenda Bennett she will e-mail you list of which restuarants stands, shops, etc. have gluton free items. She also sent us an allergy form and said if we would send it to her with our TR she would make sure the res. had it before we got there. Here is her info
Brenda Bennett
MAGIC KINGDOM FOODS
407-824-5967
She helped us with all the parks, not just MK. I called last sat. and left amess with my e-mail for any info she might have for me and Mon morn she sent me a ton of stuff. I can't remember which post I found her # in (I think a DISabilities one) but I am so glad I did.:yay:
Have a blast on your trip!!!

In addition, all of the counter service locations can provide gluten-free "breads". This can be specified to the cashier. They are a normal stocked item.

I read a review from allears.net raving about Tony's Town Square & how accomadating they were with her daughter's allergies (Celiac)

I put pictures of the gluten free/dairy free food we ate at Liberty Tavern in my sig. We just loved it! It was all so wonderful! the chef even made us gluten free gravy with rice flour and gluten and dairy free mashed potatoes (bless her heart!)

We really enjoyed ourselves. The dessert there was fabulous too! A yummy chocolate bundt cake with vanilla rice dream on top!
We did request in advance, but I don't think it mattered. They just handled it when we got there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!