Disney Resorts

Some ideas...
  • Haunted Hotel
  • Mickey/Fab Five themed hotel
  • Ancient Egypt theme with Pyramids and Sphynx

No matter what the focus is, I'd love to see MORE theming! I'm so unimpressed with so many of the rooms that look like any Hyatt or Hilton anywhere. I understand that some love the high end look to things and that's fine for them, but most of the refurbishments have washed the Disney out of the room. JMHO.

Some of my ideas:

Disney's Medieval Palaces Resort
A deluxe medieval resort with a central medieval faire check-in area with various pubs, shops, and restaurants, and different European castle styles that serve as the various resort outbuildings, such as a 1700s German castle featuring Tangled and Snow White characters, a Scandinavian castle style with Frozen references, a French renaissance castle with Beauty and the Beast, and a Scottish Highlands section with Brave theming. The decor in the rooms would be suited to each era, with a pretty stained glass window featuring one of the Princesses incorporated into each bathroom design. I picture this resort being added to the Epcot area due to its Multi-national European theme.

Disney's Mediterranean Resort and Spa
This one was actually going to exist at one point! I say we bring it back; a Greek-themed luxury hotel with whitewashed buildings, tropical mediterranean plants and lots of tasteful classical mythology theming (Hercules references!) Would definitely include a glittering turquoise pool with a fun Greek ruins play area and some excellent Mediterranean restaurants. A large and fancy spa would be part of the complex. The original site was supposed to be adjacent to the Polynesian (on the Monorail Line?) so it would be neat if that could happen today somehow.

Disney's Amazon Jungle Resort
Think Jungle Cruise vibes in hotel form; check-in would be in a canvas-and-wood dominated Expedition Hub with lots of jungle expedition decor like crates, vintage suitcases, binoculars and old maps. There would be lots of interesting bird species in the area, (bird-watching encouraged! Binoculars in each room!) possibly some small animal enclosures on-property and some neat jungle ruins that could be spread out among the various buildings and freely explored. There would be loads of nice tropical foliage and a couple unique restaurants with exotic food offerings in the vein of Sanaa/Jiko- perhaps one restaurant that's entirely plant-based? The rooms would be more open-air than any other resort, with lots of nice balconies and pretty South American touches on the decor. I picture this resort being out of the way in order to be immersive and bus-access only, kind of like AKL. Perhaps it could be added to the AK area or go up by the Wilderness Lodge somewhere.

Disney's Arabian Resort
There was once going to be a "Persian Resort" on the shores of Bay Lake, right beside Tomorrowland and Bay Lake Tower. If this resort was revitalized it could offer boat access to the Magic Kingdom, and a good beach along its Bay Lake shoreline. Picture lots of palm trees, excellent Middle Eastern cuisine, some tasteful Aladdin references, and some beautiful Arabian architecture.

Disney's Avengers Resort
I strongly suspect this one would never happen due to licensing issues, but with the immersive new Galactic Starcruiser hotel who knows? I'm imagining a main hub and check-in themed to the Avengers headquarters (very crisp, clean, futuristic design with lots of subtle Avengers/Marvel references, an excellent Marvel giftshop and simple quick-service dining). This one could perhaps be a moderate or value design, with over-the-top theming in the rooms: picture a Hulk block of rooms, an Iron Man block, Captain America, Black Widow/Hawkeye, Thor, etc. There would be lots of bright colours and cool easter eggs, plus a huge pool in the shape of the Avengers "A". I suspect this theme would do well with visitors- there are lots of Marvel fans out there and it would be cool to offer something to the fans that isn't priced out of this world like Galactic Starcruiser.

As you can tell, I love this question :p I think the one I'd most love to stay in of these options ^^ would be the Amazon Jungle one- what about you??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter