Disney Resorts in walking distance to restaurants/grocery stores?

srchavez1@aol.com

Earning My Ears
Hello Gang-
I am starting to research for my next Dis vacation, I was wondering if the Disney resorts, Hilton etc. near downtown Disney are within walking distance to any non-downtown Dis restaurants and/or any grocery stores.
Any Help Greatly appreciated.
John

There is a grocery store at the Crossroads which is walking distance from the Downtown Disney area. Also at the crossroads is a TGIFridays, Perkins, Chevy's, Taco Bell, McD's and a place called Pebbles. There is Jungle Jims too, but I wouldn't reccomend it.

I am from WI too! I am from Wausau!!

Jocelyn

While it is certainly walkable to Crossroads, it is a reasonable distance (half to three quarters of a mile I'd guess). As the DTD resorts spread all along the road that leads to Crossroads some resorts are much closer than others. The furthest resort would be the Wyndham, I wouldn't fancy walking back all the way to the Wyndham with heavy shopping or in the middle of summer. I think the Hilton is about halfway to Crossroads. In Spring/Autumn/Winter for someone in good health, most hotels would probably be a pleasant 20-30 minute walk.

There is also the excellent Olive Garden in the Crossroads area. Unlike the previous poster, if you're looking for a quick,cheap and adiquate meal I think Jungle Jims is more than up to the job. For a slightly more upmarket (than chains like TGIFriday/Tony Roma's etc) Pebbles is an excellent choice. The Hilton has the Japanese Tepanyaki steakhouse Benehana's, which is, IMHO better quality than the one in Epcot and cheaper.

Thanks! I am looking into a dec 2005 trip w/out a car and would like to stay at a dis resort to have the nice transportation, but do not want to be handcuffed to only eating disney food.
Thanks again,
John

This is exactly what I am trying to find out. I acutally plan on staying at Pop, but was wondering how far it was to the crossroads to eat at some different places. Does anyone know how much it would cost to take a taxi from downtown disney to the crossroads? I wouldn't mind the walk, but not at night with two children. Thanks for any more info.

eeyoreforever said:
This is exactly what I am trying to find out. I acutally plan on staying at Pop, but was wondering how far it was to the crossroads to eat at some different places. Does anyone know how much it would cost to take a taxi from downtown disney to the crossroads? I wouldn't mind the walk, but not at night with two children. Thanks for any more info.

You wouldn't be able to walk from POP or any other Disney resort for that matter to any "outside eatery". They are not within walking distance to anything. The DTD hotels are the ones that are "walkable" to the Crossroads. I've never taken a cab to another eatery in the area, maybe someone else could help you there but it shouldn't be too much. The POP is supposed to have a very reasonable food court, but I know it can become tiresome after a couple of meals. This is the reason I'm doing the dining package. I don't drive so its not an option for me and I'm going with 2 children this summer, so for variety sake I'm getting the dining plan, since the children's cost is so minimal! Good luck in your decision!

there is a new Disney Resort - SSR (also a new DVC resort) - so it has a microwave and a under the counter refrigerator in the room. this is a studio - a 1-bedroom and up has a complete kitchen.

you can rent points from a DVC member and save yourself some cash.

If you can afford it a towncar will do a grocery stop for you.

SSR is where the DI use to be - DVC torn it down and is rebuilding from the ground up.

I would say that Gooding is around a mile - - there is a Winnie Dixie perhaps around 2 miles (might be closer to 3).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter