Disney Radio

I've listened a few times and have unfortunately not enjoyed it as much as I had hoped. It contains way too much music from pop artists doing songs I assume are from their TV movies or whatever. I don't consider that music true Disney music. A lot of tweenie tunes and not enough of the classic songs. I'm still glad the station is there, I just don't think I'll listen as much as I thought because of the choice of music.

I've listened a few times and have unfortunately not enjoyed it as much as I had hoped. It contains way too much music from pop artists doing songs I assume are from their TV movies or whatever. I don't consider that music true Disney music. A lot of tweenie tunes and not enough of the classic songs. I'm still glad the station is there, I just don't think I'll listen as much as I thought because of the choice of music.

So, it's more like Radio Disney then - a lot of the pop hits from Disney stars and also just other tween/teen music. Most of those Disney Channel stars will also sing, so they have their songs exposed through that.

They do play a good bit of the pop songs from Disney Channel shows and movies but I don’t mind those. I couldn’t stand listening to Radio Disney but I’m enjoying this channel. I am bummed I can’t tune in from the car since my car radio channels don’t go that high. :(

They do play a good bit of the pop songs from Disney Channel shows and movies but I don’t mind those. I couldn’t stand listening to Radio Disney but I’m enjoying this channel. I am bummed I can’t tune in from the car since my car radio channels don’t go that high. :(
Do you have the App and Bluetooth/USB connection in your car? You could listen to the channel that way. It's what I do for NFL games.

Do you have the App and Bluetooth/USB connection in your car? You could listen to the channel that way. It's what I do for NFL games.
Yes, I have done that but then I get paranoid about my data usage. Lol. It would be better to be able to just tune in with the car radio. Still loving the station though!

I mean as long as you don't use it all the time it should be ok.

I tend to flip between PopRocks, the 90s channel and Lithium, so I'm generally covered.

I don't know if they are all available in the car. Many stations carried by Sirius XM are internet-only. Holly, the Christmas station, is available year-round on their app, but not in the car. Same probably goes for something as high as 300. Although I believe the Sirius stations are in the higher numbers, and the XM are lower. Not sure why the hell they still treat the two signals as separate instead of the same. So damn odd.
Yes, I have done that but then I get paranoid about my data usage. Lol. It would be better to be able to just tune in with the car radio. Still loving the station though!
In 2021, aren't we all pretty much on unlimited data at this point?

In 2021, aren't we all pretty much on unlimited data at this point?
The mobile oligopoly here in Canada (Bell, Rogers, Telus) makes unlimited data expensive. Every 10-15 years or so we get new carriers that offer up unlimited data (but terrible coverage). Those carriers end up getting bought by one of the oligopoly and we go back to square one.

Sirius XM just started a Disney music station! Channel 302.
There is a good variety so far. It is fun to listen to the music and try to guess the song. I hope that the selection of music moves to something broader than the soundtrack stuff. Maybe a weekly show with someone playing a selection of songs or something.

If you really want mostly classics then you might want to consider subscribing to Apple Music. If you tell Siri, "Play me Disney songs" then it will begin playing mostly classic movie songs that you can also skip through. This is not be confused with saying, "Play me Disney channel" because that will begin playing Radio Disney.

If you really want mostly classics then you might want to consider subscribing to Apple Music. If you tell Siri, "Play me Disney songs" then it will begin playing mostly classic movie songs that you can also skip through. This is not be confused with saying, "Play me Disney channel" because that will begin playing Radio Disney.
Alexa has a similar feature, without having to subscribe.

Anyone who enjoys the Disney station on the app, they are playing it for a limited time on channel 14 so you can listen in the car! (My car doesn’t get channels in the 300’s). Hoping if this goes well they will make the lower channel permanent. :)

I turn on 14, they're playing some awful zombie show music, I turn it off. Every damn time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter