Disney Premier Rewards Card? Walmart?

arussell89

Earning My Ears
Hello, I just received my card in the mail and activated it. I got this thinking I would be getting 2% at walmart for my groceries, and to use the 2% at gas stations as well since my discover card only offers 1% most of the year in those categories. I've been discussing this card with some family and some people are saying you earn 2% at walmart and some people are saying only 1%. Can anyone vouch for this? I've tried combing their website and don't see anything there. I've also googled the question and seem to get very mixed answers. Thanks for any help!

Based upon our statement data, not only is Walmart giving us 2% but so is BJ's- a wholesale club in the Northeast. Yay! Close to 200 in dis dollars in 4 months!!

Chase told me the 2% is at Walmart & Target Super stores. So if the Walmart you shop at is not a Super Walmart it is 1%... the same for Target.

Don't forget you can always purchase gift card at a grocery store & get 2% for the merchant you would normally get 1%. I purchased gift cards at the grocery store for Lowes because I was updating my floors. I got 2% back.

Great question! I just upgraded to the Premier card and was wondering this myself.

BJ's is 2%??? Really? I thought it wasn't for some reason. That's great to know.
My Walmart is a SuperWalmart so I get 2%. That is a big deal for me as we shop a lot of things at Walmart since it's really close to my home.
But I was hoping to pick up some Disney Gift Cards at BJ's. Heard $100 for $95.99. I haven't checked them out yet.

The Rewards do add up fast but keep on top of paying the bill off on time.

I've been discussing this card with some family and some people are saying you earn 2% at walmart and some people are saying only 1%.

It all depends on how Chase has YOUR particular Walmart tagged in their system. (And I can't say how exactly they determine it.) Some locations are categorized as "grocery" and therefore earn 2% rewards, but other locations are categorized differently (I believe my local one is "discount store" or something) earning just 1%. It has nothing to do with WHAT you purchase. I wouldn't be surprised if other chains mentioned have similar discrepancies in the categorization.

It all depends on how Chase has YOUR particular Walmart tagged in their system. (And I can't say how exactly they determine it.) Some locations are categorized as "grocery" and therefore earn 2% rewards, but other locations are categorized differently (I believe my local one is "discount store" or something) earning just 1%. It has nothing to do with WHAT you purchase. I wouldn't be surprised if other chains mentioned have similar discrepancies in the categorization.
I checked my end of year reports from last year and BJ's is not listed as grocery. :( It's under wholesale so I'm guessing mine doesn't earn me 2%.

Hopefully the "Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market" stores are classified as grocery stores as that's what they are. That is also where I do the majority of my grocery shopping as well!

Ok, so the Super Walmart does or does not get the 2%? I only have the regular and wonder if the premier would be worth it for me?

Ok, so the Super Walmart does or does not get the 2%? I only have the regular and wonder if the premier would be worth it for me?

My understanding is that it may vary based on how Chase has YOUR specific Walmart location categorized in their system. Some are considered "grocery" and others (like my local store) are considered "Wholesale Club & Discount Store." If you've had your current card since at least 2014, you can look at your Year-End Summary which is available online. That will show you how your local Walmart is categorized.

My understanding is that it may vary based on how Chase has YOUR specific Walmart location categorized in their system. Some are considered "grocery" and others (like my local store) are considered "Wholesale Club & Discount Store." If you've had your current card since at least 2014, you can look at your Year-End Summary which is available online. That will show you how your local Walmart is categorized.
ya my Walmart is listed as a superwalmart BUT I think there is a difference depending on which register I pay at as to if I get 1% or 2% cause my monthly statement this year since I upgrade lists the same store # but sometimes not as a super walmart on the charge slip.
I'm waiting for the this years end of year to see if this is coming through the same each time or not.

The cool think is my husbands work cafe seems to be coming in at 2% and since I can't convince him to pack a lunch, I'll take the extra points. :-)

Thanks. I have never done that. I looked at it and its really neat! It looks like the Super Walmart I shop at classifies as grocery. So I might just take a look into switching.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter