Disney Photo Pass - Using special edits on MacOS Catalina computer?

bless7ings

DIS Veteran
We went to Disney in November 2019. I bought the Memory Maker before we left. In order to make the special Disney edits...with putting stickers etc on the photos you had to do it on an iPhone or iPad so you could down load the special app. I had bought a new iMac and a new iPhone so I was able to use my iPhone to make the edits! My question is this...My new iMac is saying it has the newest upgrade to MacOS Catalin...this is a quote from what it says it can do if I upgrade...

The apps you love.
Right on your Mac.

Experience your favorite iPad apps now on your Mac. With Mac Catalyst, developers can easily create Mac apps from the iPad apps you already know and love. They run natively alongside your existing Mac apps so you can drag and drop content between them. They take full advantage of the larger screen and powerful architecture of your Mac. And because they are built from their iOS versions, they provide a seamless experience across your devices. Enjoy a broad range of Mac apps — from travel, entertainment, and gaming to banking, education, and project management."

It is too late for me to see if I could still download the special Disney app to my iMac to see if I could do the extra edits on my computer instead if the iPhone. Does anyone know if this would be possible? I am just asking for future reference. I DID NOT LIKE making my edits on a tiny iPhone screen, I would much rather on my 27" iMac. I was not happy when I realized Disney did this!

Any tech savvy people who would know the answer to this question?

Hi!

First of all, I'm not sure if that App is still in the iOS App Store - however, sometimes app developers will allow us to re-download previously purchased apps, even if they are no longer supported or active. If you find that the App is no longer available via a quick search of the App Store, you can always go into your App Store account, and then under "Purchases" see if you can still download it from there.

Catalyst is a feature that Apple is still supporting (as of this writing, that could change in June of 2020 at the next WWDC) and there have been *some* developers that have made the "conversion" of their App from iOS to macOS. However, to my knowledge, none of the Disney apps have been converted through Catalyst to run on macOS.

What does that mean? Right now, your best bet will be to try and make the edits on a Retina-equipped iPad (if possible). Depending on the current model of your iPhone, it may also be an option.

But, you have to factor in the Disney side as well - if the App only saves the final edits in a lower resolution, it won't matter what Apple product you edit on - the outcome will still be the same. I know that one of the older Disney Apps that I had (from probably 5 to 7 years ago?) saved the edited photos in such a low resolution that it was not really worth the effort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!