Disney paying a “living wage”. Sigh…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you’re equating quality of life with happiness. The fact is there’s no single factor to determine whose quality of life is best.

Perhaps people vote with their feet- what countries do people most come to and leave from?
Again I don't believe that's true. Human Development Index is pretty much that number.

I don't think people coming and going from countries would be a good indicator because different countries have different immigration policies.

Again I don't believe that's true. Human Development Index is pretty much that number.

I don't think people coming and going from countries would be a good indicator because different countries have different immigration policies.
Yes they do. Ours are far more liberal than most.

But the fact is far more people come to America from western Europe than Vice versa- true?

This thread his hilarious and honestly belongs on reddit on twitter because that is the level its at. It went from talking about Disney's pay wages to global economics to trying to define happiness? Ya'll keep it up because everyone is wrong when trying to answer a question that has no right answer. popcorn::

Reactions: KVH
This thread his hilarious and honestly belongs on reddit on twitter because that is the level its at. It went from talking about Disney's pay wages to global economics to trying to define happiness? Ya'll keep it up because everyone is wrong when trying to answer a question that has no right answer. popcorn::
Well, thanks for being above everyone without adding anything.

Yes they do. Ours are far more liberal than most.

But the fact is far more people come to America from western Europe than Vice versa- true?
Is it true? I couldn't find a good source. USA's percentage of immigrants is higher than France and the UK but lower than Germany. And again those stats don't take into account how easy it is to move from one country to the other. I don't know if it's easier to move from the US to France or vice versa.

IOW, Disney pays about what the state actually pays the average EMT ($37.7K/yr - 18.26/hr). You know, the people with serious medical training who go out daily trying to save people's lives.

Maybe in Florida they consider someone starting and stopping Peter Pan or Small World the same as someone trying to save someone from an OD or getting someone to not bleed out in a car wreck.

What's missing from this whole thread is value for service rendered, relative worth, and considering the scope outside of just Disney.

Just sayin' . . .
This isn't the argument you think it is. It just means the state is also under paying EMTs. Both groups can be underpaid at the same time.

Is it true? I couldn't find a good source. USA's percentage of immigrants is higher than France and the UK but lower than Germany. And again those stats don't take into account how easy it is to move from one country to the other. I don't know if it's easier to move from the US to France or vice versa.
Germany and several other European countries are opening the gates to folks from Africa and the Mideast. I’m talking specially about people who leave or come to the US.

This isn't the argument you think it is. It just means the state is also under paying EMTs. Both groups can be underpaid at the same time.
Yeah, and EMT can also be considered a stepping stone to higher paid medical jobs, the same way Disney is supposedly the path to higher paid management or entertainment jobs.

Germany and several other European countries are opening the gates to folks from Africa and the Mideast. I’m talking specially about people who leave or come to the US.
I don't know how hard it is to move from Europe to the USA or USA to Europe. Whichever process is stricter will clearly skew the results. It's not a good statistic to use.

Yeah, and EMT can also be considered a stepping stone to higher paid medical jobs, the same way Disney is supposedly the path to higher paid management or entertainment jobs.
Disney IS a path to higher paid jobs. This is indisputable. They promote from within almost religiously.

I don't know how hard it is to move from Europe to the USA or USA to Europe. Whichever process is stricter will clearly skew the results. It's not a good statistic to use.
Okay, I’ll spell it out: far more people come from Western Europe to the US than vice versa.

So far, no statistic is good to use but yours. Fair enough.

But what about innovation? Certainly, the fact that the US has more patents per year than all of Western Europe combined has to mean something, right?

Okay, I’ll spell it out: far more people come from Western Europe to the US than vice versa.

So far, no statistic is good to use but yours. Fair enough.

But what about innovation? Certainly, the fact that the US has more patents per year than all of Western Europe combined has to mean something, right?
It's a statistic literally designed to represent quality of life, so yes, it is a good one. You're pulling stuff out of thin air to try and prove a point that is objectively false.

As for patents, no, how does more patents per person represent quality of life?

It's a statistic literally designed to represent quality of life, so yes, it is a good one. You're pulling stuff out of thin air to try and prove a point that is objectively false.

As for patents, no, how does more patents per person represent quality of life?
Well, considering every single thing we have in our daily lives that defines “quality” comes from innovation, I’d say it represents quality of life pretty well.

Well, considering every single thing we have in our daily lives that defines “quality” comes from innovation, I’d say it represents quality of life pretty well.
We also live in a global economy, so if that tech is invented in any other country then we still get the benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!