Disney paint back... now at Walmart instead of Home Depot

It'sWDW4me

<font color=green>Fairly new... still gets a tag :
I just got an email from Disney Consumer Products. They went with Glidden (wasn't the Home Depot line with Behr?) I wonder if they'll have Alien Green again and if this means the return of the Mickey paint chips! :thumbsup2:

Introducing Disney paint and specialty finishes only at Walmart!

Add a touch of magic with unique specialty finishes!

All That Glitters: Glitter Topcoat
Speck-Tacular: Confetti Topcoat
Magnificent Metallic: Metallic Paint
Great Slate: Chalkboard Paint
Ready, Set, Glow!: Glow in the Dark Paint

Colors to Begin With
A collection of 32 soft, soothing shades ideal for relaxing rooms.

Colors with Character
Six fantastic palettes inspired by Disney's most-cherished characters.

Colors with Kick
The 20 vibrant colors in this collection get bolder as the kids get older.

Disney Ultra Durable Paint
Choose from 112 exclusive colors that complement Disney bedding and accessories to give your child's room a designer look.

Discover the magic at DisneyPaint.com

I just got an email from Disney Consumer Products. They went with Glidden (wasn't the Home Depot line with Behr?) I wonder if they'll have Alien Green again and if this means the return of the Mickey paint chips! :thumbsup2:

Introducing Disney paint and specialty finishes only at Walmart!

Add a touch of magic with unique specialty finishes!

All That Glitters: Glitter Topcoat
Speck-Tacular: Confetti Topcoat
Magnificent Metallic: Metallic Paint
Great Slate: Chalkboard Paint
Ready, Set, Glow!: Glow in the Dark Paint

Colors to Begin With
A collection of 32 soft, soothing shades ideal for relaxing rooms.

Colors with Character
Six fantastic palettes inspired by Disney's most-cherished characters.

Colors with Kick
The 20 vibrant colors in this collection get bolder as the kids get older.

Disney Ultra Durable Paint
Choose from 112 exclusive colors that complement Disney bedding and accessories to give your child's room a designer look.

Discover the magic at DisneyPaint.com

I noticed that it was gone from Home Depot a while ago and then I went to Walmart like a week ago and noticed it was there. Kind of strange I think because I would think Home Depot would generate more money for disney off paint than Walmart would. So there must have been something that went on to cause this but whatever.

disney lover at heart

Almost all paint is mixed. Most of the computers have the formula for competitors colors already stored. I know you can go to Home Depot and ask for a Benjamin Moore color by name and they'll tint Behr paint to match. Otherwise get the brochure with the color samples from Walmart and bring it to wherever you buy your paints. They can computer match the color, it should be very close.

Almost all paint is mixed. Most of the computers have the formula for competitors colors already stored. I know you can go to Home Depot and ask for a Benjamin Moore color by name and they'll tint Behr paint to match. Otherwise get the brochure with the color samples from Walmart and bring it to wherever you buy your paints. They can computer match the color, it should be very close.

True enough. I just wish they would have chosen a different partner.

Kind of strange I think because I would think Home Depot would generate more money for disney off paint than Walmart would.

I'd think Walmart would generate more money for Disney selling bedding and accessories then Home Depot. Are you going to paint a room with Disney colors and not coordinate with other Disney products? Do people decide they want Disney paint and go the store that sells it or do they go to a paint store and fall in love with Disney colors?

Does Walmart have the Mickey head paint samples like Home Depot did??

*fingers crossed*

I was at Walmart so I thought I'd check out the Disney paint. As was previously reported, no Mickey head paint samples were to be found. However, they did have some cute colors, a couple of different glitter top coats, metallic colors, and colored chalkboard paint (which I LOVE). Just a little info for ya!

This makes me so happy! Although, I do have a large dislike for Walmart (which is still better than K-Mart, IMO)... :crazy2:

I loved collecting the little sample cards when I was younger, especially with the little Mickey heads! This past semester of college, I actually started a little mural with just regular paint cards. Even if the samples don't feature Mickey, I'll still have to go on a little trip to start my collection for the empty walls in my apartment. :artist:

For those that aren't familiar with quality paints I'd like to give a little heads up. Behr and Glidden are poor quality paints. They aren't awful, but compared to what you would get in a smaller paint store they really aren't that good. Your best bet would be to try and find a couple samples you like and then try and match them up with a quality paint like Benjamin Moore. Just my 2 cents.

Walmarts Disney paint chips are plain rectangles, but they have mini Mickey heads in the corner, and they have the Disney names printed on the front. Still nice for scrapping, but not for the Disboards heads.

Though, the Mickey and Pals Cricut cartridge will make heads quick and in any color you want.

For those that aren't familiar with quality paints I'd like to give a little heads up. Behr and Glidden are poor quality paints. They aren't awful, but compared to what you would get in a smaller paint store they really aren't that good. Your best bet would be to try and find a couple samples you like and then try and match them up with a quality paint like Benjamin Moore. Just my 2 cents.

x2

I totally agree!

I would add that years back before Behr was brought by Home Depot, it was a 1st rate paint!.........Since then it has indeed gone down hill.

AKK

Behrs gets great reviews from independent publications, including Consumer Reports. I just had a room professional painted. The painter used Ben Moore but said the current Behr paints are good. Years ago interior paint was oil based and had lead. Paints are now latex and are designed to have lower odor.

Consumer Reports own customer reviews:

By stlgary

from west palm beach Fl

(1 of 4 customers found this review helpful)

Poor product

4/6/2012

Pros

Cons

3 coats to look ok

Best Uses

Paint your dog house

Comment:

poor quality product I dont know why cs rater such a inferior product so high

How long have you owned it:

Three-to-six months

Bottom Line

No, I would not recommend this to a friend.

By Handy Man

from Boston MA

(1 of 1 customers found this review helpful)

Waste of time & money

1/9/2012

Pros

Cons

Best Uses

Comment:

I've used this paint twice now...the same bad results both times so I will never use it again. The first time (satin finish) was kind of a cranberry color which I know can be difficult, but that's supposed to be the purpose of this paint. 3 coats and it still didn't look great. The next time, I was painting over woodwork. Sanded everthing down first...good prep work and ended up with the same results. 3 coats later and still not happy. Ended up getting a gallon of Kilz premium primer and regular paint for the rest of the rooms and what a difference. Don't waste your money on this paint.

More than six months

Bottom Line

By Wayner

from Ormond Beach, FL

Don't Bother

11/17/2011

Pros

Cons

Best Uses

Comment:

I was sold this product by the associate in [@] who stated that you would only need one coat. I just finished my third coat (white semi gloss) on two interior paneled doors and it still has not covered the old white finish completely. This product definitely is not worth the money. I wasted pretty much a whole day on two doors.

One-to-three months

Bottom Line

Seems Consumer Union has been getting many of these differences of opinion form direct users of various produsts! I wonder what is going on with CU!

I was once trusted CU and the other rating groups, not anymore.

My self included regarding Behr deck solid color stains..........rating from me.....poor 1.0

I believe I will take the word of the ones actually using the product, especially since it has been my experience as well.

I repeat, years ago Behr had a big paint plant in CT....they were well respected. .........now that Home Depot owes them, the quality has gone down hill.

Why would I possibly base a buying decision on the posts of a couple of unhappy customers vs a real review. Different brands of paint applied as per the mfg. instructions then carefully inspected and tested.

One coat over anything isn't realistic. Do you want to judge Behr based on the paint or based on the hype? Painting over freshly sanded wood. A professional painter would probably use an oil based primer, even with Ben Moore paint. I'd probably make due with a Latex primer. One coat coverage is based on a reasonably thick coat of paint, applied with the correct roller or brush.

Why would I possibly base a buying decision on the posts of a couple of unhappy customers vs a real review. Different brands of paint applied as per the mfg. instructions then carefully inspected and tested.

One coat over anything isn't realistic. Do you want to judge Behr based on the paint or based on the hype? Painting over freshly sanded wood. A professional painter would probably use an oil based primer, even with Ben Moore paint. I'd probably make due with a Latex primer. One coat coverage is based on a reasonably thick coat of paint, applied with the correct roller or brush.

That is just 3 reviews I posted and I would take them and my own extensive experience over CU as they have been found in recent years to be at the least questionable.

As noted in the reviews we are talking more then 1 one. Even 3 coats did poorly.

The Behr story is a old one in this part of the country, before Home Depot closed the plant the word was our they had cheapened the paint terribly. It's a old story with the big Discount stores, buy a name brand or get a name brand to build you a cheap knock off of their good product and ride the brand name as long as possible.

However I hope you due well with Behr.......

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter