Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you missing Friendlys (i just read yesterday's posts), there's one near Universal. It's where we get our Friendlys fix now that all our local ones have closed here in VA. Last Dec we stayed at a Ft Wilderness cabin, so we got enough takeout from Friendlys to last 3 meals and desserts since we had a full kitchen to store our ice cream and leftovers. 😁

I have an ADR for here next month. While I will miss the characters and the buffet, I’m sure it will be a much quieter and relaxing experience! But I do we get some character options back soon over here!

That’s how it was when we went to Chef Mickey’s in December... although we missed the characters, it really was a nice quiet breakfast. We really enjoyed it!! Have a great time!

Is it too soon to wish/request for more restaurants to open up? 😁

Not sure if anyone answered this already since I've been away for the past week or so and not looking through the whole thread.

Most/many restaurants will be back sometime this summer in order to increase capacity. It's just a matter of staffing and timing for each.

That’s how it was when we went to Chef Mickey’s in December... although we missed the characters, it really was a nice quiet breakfast. We really enjoyed it!! Have a great time!
Ditto this!
We missed the characters too, but loved the breakfast! Great (better!) food, service, and just overall nice.

Side note: This may be an unpopular opinion, but I hope family style is here to stay everywhere! lol

Ditto this!
We missed the characters too, but loved the breakfast! Great (better!) food, service, and just overall nice.

Side note: This may be an unpopular opinion, but I hope family style is here to stay everywhere! lol

I agree! Food was great!!! Service was amazing! Everything came out so quickly and they were constantly checking to see if we needed more of anything! We are looking forward to trying Cape May Cafe family style our next trip!! Hopefully just as good! 😋

I agree! Food was great!!! Service was amazing! Everything came out so quickly and they were constantly checking to see if we needed more of anything! We are looking forward to trying Cape May Cafe family style our next trip!! Hopefully just as good! 😋
Let us know how it is!! :earsboy:

I’m kind of surprised WDW hasn’t at least addressed the indoor mask thing... Unless I missed it.

I’m kind of surprised WDW hasn’t at least addressed the indoor mask thing... Unless I missed it.
I don’t think they have & it’s really annoying me. I’m glad I am no longer there b/c on our last day, it was really annoying to me to deal with the masks when I knew wdw was the only place left doing it. I’m seriously going to consider cancelling July if it’s not gone by then. I work in a school district & they even lifted it for us here for schools now. So I’m so done with it now.

I don’t think they have & it’s really annoying me. I’m glad I am no longer there b/c on our last day, it was really annoying to me to deal with the masks when I knew wdw was the only place left doing it. I’m seriously going to consider cancelling July if it’s not gone by then. I work in a school district & they even lifted it for us here for schools now. So I’m so done with it now.

I have a universal reservation and Disney reservation for October. I will go with whoever has the least covid restrictions come October. The other will get cancelled.

I’m thinking some of the wait has to do with union talks.

Last edited:
Ditto this!

Me too! I personally hate buffets. I’m pretty clumsy and those terrifying moments of carrying my own plate of food across an entire restaurant while dodging little kids and adults who aren’t paying attention is more thrilling to me than any thrill ride could ever be.

Me too! I personally hate buffets. I’m pretty clumsy and those terrifying moments of carrying my own plate of food across an entire restaurant while dodging little kids and adults who aren’t paying attention is more thrilling to me than any thrill ride could ever be.
I thought I was the only one lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter