Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

First Wave of Passholder Good to Go Days
Today marks a new era in the Disney Park Pass theme park reservation system for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders. As previously announced, Disney has rolled out the first wave of “Good-to-Go” Days through early February. Here’s a screenshot of the Disney Park Pass calendar and the “Good-to-Go” Days as designated by a circle around the date:

• January 16, 18, 23, 24, 28
  • February 1

“Good-to-Go” Days are days when an Annual Passholder does not need to make a Disney Park Pass reservation to visit the Walt Disney World theme parks. The rest of the dates continue to require a Disney Park Pass reservation for entry before 2pm for all theme parks except Magic Kingdom on the weekends.

New Temporary Entrance to Frontierland Station
As construction on the walkways near and under the Frontierland train station continues for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, a new temporary entrance is in use for the station. While visiting Magic Kingdom this morning, we stopped by the Frontierland train station after getting a glimpse of the first characters installed for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure to check out the new station entrance.

As you can see, there is a temporary A-frame that directs guests to the left side of the station instead of the right side of the station.

AD

Here’s a look back at the entrance as it sat a few weeks ago before the construction walls enveloped the staircase on the right side of the photo below.

AD

AD
Now, a rebuilt staircase on the left side of the station functions as a temporary entrance. It took Disney about 5-6 months to fully rebuild this staircase, starting back in late Summer.

AD

The staircase offers a vantage point into the entrance pathway construction for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure which hasn’t been available since this summer.

AD

AD
Continuing up the staircase, we can see a unique

AD

Up in the station, there is a queue set up that makes for a tight fit. If you can avoid waiting for a train in Frontierland over the next few weeks or longer, we’d recommend it.

AD

Full List of Characters at Hollywood Studios Afterhours
Last night was the first Disney After Hours for 2024 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and we were in attendance to report on this year’s version of the event. As it turns out, Disney would surprise us with more than triple the amount of characters than last year, including some impossible-to-meet characters outside of the event. While we’ll have a full recap in the coming days, we know that many of you are interested in the character lineup, so here’s what we saw last night!

Center Stage
Center Stage is the area located in front of the Chinese Theater. We noticed two meet-and-greet locations at Center Stage, one on either side of the stage, and both with rotating characters. Actually, rotating characters was a common theme at many of the locations and should be expected when you go.

Rafiki or Stitch
The first pair of rotating characters was Rafiki or Stitch on the right side of the stage if you’re facing the Chinese Theater.

Pinocchio or Jiminy Cricket
On the opposite side, guests will find Pinocchio or Jiminy Cricket. The Center Stage characters seemed to have the longest lines of the night, with 10-20 people pretty common. That’s likely more a function of their central location than anything else.

Echo Lake​

Take a walk around Echo Lake, and you’ll find four different character meet and greet opportunities, with three of them being rotating sets.

Duffy
The only character that did not rotate throughout the evening was Duffy. Guests can meet with him throughout the evening without concern that they might miss him at some point.

Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers or Thumper
Over near the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular theater entrance, guests can find the Rescue Rangers or Thumper throughout the evening.

Donald Duck or Daisy Duck
Near the now-closed-again Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost, guests can find Donald Duck or Daisy Duck!

Goofy or White Rabbit
Down by the edge of Echo Lake proper, guests can meet with either Goofy or the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.

Grand Avenue​

There are two character meet and greet areas along Grand Avenue, one close to the DVC kiosk and one further down near the entrance to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Mary Poppins & Penguin or Tiana
Near the Disney Vacation Club kiosk across from Baseline Tap House, guests can find Tiana or Mary Poppins with a penguin.

Jasmine or Pocahontas & Meeko
Next to the tunnel to Galaxy’s Edge, guests can find Jasmine or Pocahontas and Meeko rotating throughout the night.

Hollywood Boulevard​

While all of the character meet and greet opportunities up until this point have been at dedicated meet and greet locations, there are two roaming characters along Hollywood Boulevard, and we’ve saved the best for last!

Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse
To our surprise, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse stroll Hollywood Boulevard throughout the event!

There are no characters in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Toy Story Land, or Sunset Boulevard during the event.

Full List of Characters at Hollywood Studios Afterhours
Last night was the first Disney After Hours for 2024 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and we were in attendance to report on this year’s version of the event. As it turns out, Disney would surprise us with more than triple the amount of characters than last year, including some impossible-to-meet characters outside of the event. While we’ll have a full recap in the coming days, we know that many of you are interested in the character lineup, so here’s what we saw last night!

Center Stage
Center Stage is the area located in front of the Chinese Theater. We noticed two meet-and-greet locations at Center Stage, one on either side of the stage, and both with rotating characters. Actually, rotating characters was a common theme at many of the locations and should be expected when you go.

Rafiki or Stitch
The first pair of rotating characters was Rafiki or Stitch on the right side of the stage if you’re facing the Chinese Theater.

Pinocchio or Jiminy Cricket
On the opposite side, guests will find Pinocchio or Jiminy Cricket. The Center Stage characters seemed to have the longest lines of the night, with 10-20 people pretty common. That’s likely more a function of their central location than anything else.

Echo Lake​

Take a walk around Echo Lake, and you’ll find four different character meet and greet opportunities, with three of them being rotating sets.

Duffy
The only character that did not rotate throughout the evening was Duffy. Guests can meet with him throughout the evening without concern that they might miss him at some point.

Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers or Thumper
Over near the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular theater entrance, guests can find the Rescue Rangers or Thumper throughout the evening.

Donald Duck or Daisy Duck
Near the now-closed-again Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost, guests can find Donald Duck or Daisy Duck!

Goofy or White Rabbit
Down by the edge of Echo Lake proper, guests can meet with either Goofy or the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.

Grand Avenue​

There are two character meet and greet areas along Grand Avenue, one close to the DVC kiosk and one further down near the entrance to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Mary Poppins & Penguin or Tiana
Near the Disney Vacation Club kiosk across from Baseline Tap House, guests can find Tiana or Mary Poppins with a penguin.

Jasmine or Pocahontas & Meeko
Next to the tunnel to Galaxy’s Edge, guests can find Jasmine or Pocahontas and Meeko rotating throughout the night.

Hollywood Boulevard​

While all of the character meet and greet opportunities up until this point have been at dedicated meet and greet locations, there are two roaming characters along Hollywood Boulevard, and we’ve saved the best for last!

Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse
To our surprise, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse stroll Hollywood Boulevard throughout the event!

There are no characters in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Toy Story Land, or Sunset Boulevard during the event.

It would be wonderful if they'd add some Star Wars character Meet and Greets... Jawas, Stormtroopers, etc.

All of that sounds great to me. I don't mind Springfield as a land but the Simpsons ride sucks. I wouldn't mind if it got replaced.
I will miss the Simpsons land. But true, the ride isn't great. Hopefully the next ride in that spot isn't screen-based again. Fewer of those in that park, please!

The Lost Continent is cool as a land but not a big draw. It does have the best (and imo, only good) sit down restaurant within the parks.

But Zelda and especially Pokemon are huge. Those will be big draws.

They said tickets would go on sale in the Spring. That pretty much means March would be the earliest. We have our hotels but not flights or DL tickets. I didn’t want to commit until I knew I could get tickets.
Same but not only CAN I get tickets but do I WANT to? Waiting for more details as to what the event will be like now that at least some portion will be over at the Honda center. Also hoping they say what exactly will be streaming though I'm not holding my breath on that part.

I will miss the Simpsons land. But true, the ride isn't great. Hopefully the next ride in that spot isn't screen-based again. Fewer of those in that park, please!

The Lost Continent is cool as a land but not a big draw. It does have the best (and imo, only good) sit down restaurant within the parks.

But Zelda and especially Pokemon are huge. Those will be big draws.
I never rode it when it was Back to the Future so no nostalgia there but the Simpsons ride is so outdated for a simulator attraction. I think it's time for it to go.

I LOVE the music that plays in the Lost Continent (the Sinbad track is the unofficial Hagrid's rope drop theme song) and the facade of Poesidon's Fury but I am excited for a Zelda retheme. The rumored boat ride sounds awesome too.

I never rode it when it was Back to the Future so no nostalgia there but the Simpsons ride is so outdated for a simulator attraction. I think it's time for it to go.

I LOVE the music that plays in the Lost Continent (the Sinbad track is the unofficial Hagrid's rope drop theme song) and the facade of Poesidon's Fury but I am excited for a Zelda retheme. The rumored boat ride sounds awesome too.

Yeah, that's because they retrofitted it from such an old ride. I don't really hate it or anything, but it shows that it was originally something else.

Yeah, that's because they retrofitted it from such an old ride. I don't really hate it or anything, but it shows that it was originally something else.
I don't think it being a retheme is why it's bad but it certainly doesn't help. It's just a lame attraction. I would rather go through Poseidon's Fury than ride it. At least the water tunnel was unironically really cool.

Um, Posiedon's Fury was the bomb, sir! I actually really enjoyed it. I'm glad I got to see it the last time I was at Uni.
Poseidon's Fury is hilarious, imo, but I don't think that's what they were going for. Lol

Glad you got to see it, though, in case it does go away.

Poseidon's Fury is hilarious, imo, but I don't think that's what they were going for. Lol

Poseidon's Fury closed permanently in May 2023. It is really cheesy and the final battle is ridiculous but I enjoyed seeing it one more time before it closed. Now the space is emulating Stitch's Great Escape in that it's being used for some fresh, hot nothing.

Oh, it is already closed forever. I was glad to get to go on my last trip because it had been temporarily closed on my prior trip. I really liked it. I understand it was a bit dated, but I just like the idea of it. I'd have been happy to see it spruced up some, but still the same. Honestly, I loved the Lost Continent area before the Wizards took it over.

Last edited:
Same but not only CAN I get tickets but do I WANT to? Waiting for more details as to what the event will be like now that at least some portion will be over at the Honda center. Also hoping they say what exactly will be streaming though I'm not holding my breath on that part.
I hope they give more details about how Honda center will work. I have heard rumors that it will be a separate ticket. If that’s the case, then they will have to say something before tickets go on sale. It will definitely be interesting to see what they do.

I hope they give more details about how Honda center will work. I have heard rumors that it will be a separate ticket. If that’s the case, then they will have to say something before tickets go on sale. It will definitely be interesting to see what they do.
Hm, so one ticket for the smaller panels at the Anaheim Convention Center and another for the big announcement-type of panels at the Honda Center? I think I would like that actually. I mostly go for the small panels and Expo floor, not the big panels (except for the animation one).

Hm, so one ticket for the smaller panels at the Anaheim Convention Center and another for the big announcement-type of panels at the Honda Center? I think I would like that actually. I mostly go for the small panels and Expo floor, not the big panels (except for the animation one).
That’s a rumor I heard. Who knows if it’s true or not. It would allow more people to have access to the big panels without possibly overrunning the smaller ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter