Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I didn't see any mentions of this but last night Disney posted new images of the Elsa and Anna animatronics that are coming to the Frozen Ever After ride in Hong Kong Disneyland. Now I'm begging on my hands and knees for Disney to bring these animatronics to Epcot's version. The screen faces just look so bad compared to what Hong Kong is getting....

https://wdwnt.com/2023/06/photos-vi...imatronics-previewed-at-hong-kong-disneyland/
With how they did the Ariel animatronic dirty these past years? No thanks, WDW maintenance is abysmal and they would just be more broken set pieces.

With how they did the Ariel animatronic dirty these past years? No thanks, WDW maintenance is abysmal and they would just be more broken set pieces.
You really aren't wrong lol The screen face Frozen figures look pretty cheap in comparison and with how much it costs to go to WDW, I would like the ride to have the best looking versions of the figures. Especially since Paris and Tokyo are also getting the non screen face animatronics.

I didn't see any mentions of this but last night Disney posted new images of the Elsa and Anna animatronics that are coming to the Frozen Ever After ride in Hong Kong Disneyland. Now I'm begging on my hands and knees for Disney to bring these animatronics to Epcot's version. The screen faces just look so bad compared to what Hong Kong is getting....

https://wdwnt.com/2023/06/photos-vi...imatronics-previewed-at-hong-kong-disneyland/

Don't worry, WDW will bring back the screen faces for Tiana's Bayou.

I have Simpsons Monorail shirt and sometimes in the parks people will come over to me singing the monorail song...and expect me to respond with the answer. "What about us braindead slobs?" "You'll be given cushy jobs!"
Both my kids have tshirts with the entirety of the Steamed Hams episode written on them. Someone asked DS if he was from Utica and DS said, no, he was from Albany.

Both my kids have tshirts with the entirety of the Steamed Hams episode written on them. Someone asked DS if he was from Utica and DS said, no, he was from Albany.

"And you call them steamed hams despite the fact that they are obviously grilled?"

No, Mother, it’s just the Northern Lights.

That's such a great episode - probably top 3 of all time. I know Steamed hams gets a lot of play, but my favorite joke from that episode is:

"Swingtime Serenade is brought to you by Gorman's Ear Guards. GUARD YOUR EARS! ...with Gormans."

That's such a great episode - probably top 3 of all time. I know Steamed hams gets a lot of play, but my favorite joke from that episode is:

"Swingtime Serenade is brought to you by Gorman's Ear Guards. GUARD YOUR EARS! ...with Gormans."
The aforementioned Monorail episode is up there for me...may have been the first one written by Conan...but my favorite is definitely Valentines/Presidents Day as it also included the Krusty Anniversary Show..."I'm 10x the Krusty fan you are...I even bought the Krusty home pregnancy test!"
Also around that time...the Spinal Tap episode...and a little later..and among the most quoted..the episode where Homer got kicked out of the Frying Dutchman..."that man ate all our shrimp..and 2 plastic lobsters!" Awesome Hutz episode too...Phil Hartmans death really stung..
Haven't watched a new episode in maybe 10 years.

The aforementioned Monorail episode is up there for me...may have been the first one written by Conan...but my favorite is definitely Valentines/Presidents Day as it also included the Krusty Anniversary Show..."I'm 10x the Krusty fan you are...I even bought the Krusty home pregnancy test!"
Also around that time...the Spinal Tap episode...and a little later..and among the most quoted..the episode where Homer got kicked out of the Frying Dutchman..."that man ate all our shrimp..and 2 plastic lobsters!" Awesome Hutz episode too...Phil Hartmans death really stung..
Haven't watched a new episode in maybe 10 years.

My top 3:

3. Treeehouse of Horror V - The Shinning, Time & Punishment, Nightmare Cafeteria
This is my favorite Treehouse. "No TV and no beer make Homer...something something....."

2. 22 Short Films about Springfield
For the many reasons mentioned, it's just a sublime slice of side-characters and really defines so many of them.

1. Cape Feare
Perfection. Period.

Honorable mentions go to Trilogy of Error, Seperate Vocations, Homer at the Bat, Lost our Lisa, The Book Job, Itchy & Scratchy Land - all fantastic!

My top 3:

3. Treeehouse of Horror V - The Shinning, Time & Punishment, Nightmare Cafeteria
This is my favorite Treehouse. "No TV and no beer make Homer...something something....."

2. 22 Short Films about Springfield
For the many reasons mentioned, it's just a sublime slice of side-characters and really defines so many of them.

1. Cape Feare
Perfection. Period.

Honorable mentions go to Trilogy of Error, Seperate Vocations, Homer at the Bat, Lost our Lisa, The Book Job, Itchy & Scratchy Land - all fantastic!
I loooove Cape Feare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter