Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Just caught this from yesterday's NY Times article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/04/business/media/disney-sean-bailey-live-action.html

The Man Reimagining Disney Classics for Today’s World
Sean Bailey is in charge of live-action remakes of films like “The Little Mermaid.” It’s a job that puts him in the middle of a partisan divide.
By Brooks Barnes
June 4, 2023Updated 1:14 p.m. EDT

Restarting the five-film “Pirates of the Caribbean” series is another priority, although nothing official has been announced. “We think we have a really good, exciting story that honors the films that have come before but also has something new to say,” Mr. Bailey said. Will the franchise’s problematic star, Johnny Depp, return as Captain Jack Sparrow? “Noncommittal at this point,” Mr. Bailey said, seemingly inching the door open.

No, except maybe World of Disney at Downtown Disney, but I don’t think so.
I. Believe they aren’t just possible discounts for their magic keys
Just caught this from yesterday's NY Times article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/04/business/media/disney-sean-bailey-live-action.html

The Man Reimagining Disney Classics for Today’s World
Sean Bailey is in charge of live-action remakes of films like “The Little Mermaid.” It’s a job that puts him in the middle of a partisan divide.
By Brooks Barnes
June 4, 2023Updated 1:14 p.m. EDT

Restarting the five-film “Pirates of the Caribbean” series is another priority, although nothing official has been announced. “We think we have a really good, exciting story that honors the films that have come before but also has something new to say,” Mr. Bailey said. Will the franchise’s problematic star, Johnny Depp, return as Captain Jack Sparrow? “Noncommittal at this point,” Mr. Bailey said, seemingly inching the door open.
I’d love to see that Redd centric movie that is a stand alone from the Sparrow series as far as plot but with a few callbacks/easter eggs peppered in

More strike news from Disneyland Paris. The CEO has responded to the CMs.

From DLP Report:

"🇬🇧 Cast Members shared a message of Disneyland Paris President Natacha Rafalski breaking the silence about the strike, stating that Disney won’t negotiate on pay until the review agreed for August, and that the Resort may have recently become profitable but needs to be careful."

Yikes. This could mean a summer of strikes.

More strike news from Disneyland Paris. The CEO has responded to the CMs.

From DLP Report:

"🇬🇧 Cast Members shared a message of Disneyland Paris President Natacha Rafalski breaking the silence about the strike, stating that Disney won’t negotiate on pay until the review agreed for August, and that the Resort may have recently become profitable but needs to be careful."

Yikes. This could mean a summer of strikes.
This is also coming from the company that said "not one penny more" during the US negotiations, and then almost instantly gave up.

Walt Disney World Floral & Gifts is Shutting Down
Walt Disney World Resort is transitioning its floral & gifts operations to a new Central Florida third-party vendor, Florida Fresh Floral, beginning August 27, 2023. Guests will no longer be able to add floral, gifts, and other related Disney Resort hotel in-room amenities to their Walt Disney Travel Company packages. These amenities can continue to be added to Walt Disney Travel Company packages that will be fulfilled on or before August 26.

Good Morning!

d37e6bd83f67f4de43cda37e2a3b4c25.jpg

I didn't see any mentions of this but last night Disney posted new images of the Elsa and Anna animatronics that are coming to the Frozen Ever After ride in Hong Kong Disneyland. Now I'm begging on my hands and knees for Disney to bring these animatronics to Epcot's version. The screen faces just look so bad compared to what Hong Kong is getting....

https://wdwnt.com/2023/06/photos-vi...imatronics-previewed-at-hong-kong-disneyland/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter