Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

North GA is actually the start of the Appalachian Mountains and we have many large waterfalls
Yep when my dad retired his goal was to walk the Appalachian Trail and we drove him down to Springer Mountain (?) to start his trek north. He never made it to Katahdin...had to stop a few times along the way and come home to recover since he was in his early 70s...but made it eventually to Vermont. I intend on finishing it for him (one day- he has since passed).

Yep when my dad retired his goal was to walk the Appalachian Trail and we drove him down to Springer Mountain (?) to start his trek north. He never made it to Katahdin...had to stop a few times along the way and come home to recover since he was in his early 70s...but made it eventually to Vermont. I intend on finishing it for him (one day- he has since passed).
Love this! I hope you get to finish the trek.

Pandora Pathway Receives ‘Bioluminescent’ Upgrade

While no apparent visual changes have been made to the walkway, paint, sealer, and a new layer of ‘bioluminescent’ glow paint were added to the surface.

IMG_1801-300x225.jpg

Google Louisiana salt domes and salt mines and you won't see a darn thing that looks pretty, enchanting, Bayou-esque or anything like Splash Mountain. The story and theme are a huuuuge stretch.

Thanks, but I don't want to spoil the ride for myself :jester:

Pandora Pathway Receives ‘Bioluminescent’ Upgrade

While no apparent visual changes have been made to the walkway, paint, sealer, and a new layer of ‘bioluminescent’ glow paint were added to the surface.

IMG_1801-300x225.jpg

This will be awesome to see at Night! .... oh wait.. (will they finally have night hours again?)

Splash Mountain is also only a “Mountain” because Eisner hated Zip-A-Dee River Run.

Instead he wanted to market a 1980s Tom Hanks Mermaid movie with a ride themed after a 1940s film featuring folk tale animal characters and call it a “mountain”.

That's true, but I'm hoping 'Bayou Adventure' actually follows a Bayou instead of a Mine...

That's true, but I'm hoping 'Bayou Adventure' actually follows a Bayou instead of a Mine...
To be determined what the elements are in the actual attraction.

All that’s out there, for now, is the queue backstory and the reason for Tiana to go somewhere. Did Disney need to share it, probably not. They did, and did with a poorly written release which can definitely cause some concern for what will happen to the attraction.

Speaking of the Tom Hanks movie that helped name Splash Mountain:

‘Splash’ Remake at Disney+ Moves Forward With New Writer

According to Deadline, Sarah Rothschild, who wrote the Netflix movie The Sleepover, has been tapped to pen the latest draft of the script for the Disney/Imagine/Free Association project. Marja-Lewis Ryan (The L Word: Generation Q) wrote an earlier draft of the Splash remake.
I briefly read the headline and thought it was for the ride. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!