Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Definitely agree. DLP has the best BTMRR, in my opinion, too.

View attachment 737091
Was just there for the second time a month ago. That park is so pretty, really. So much attention to detail. 😍

ETA: it's worth looking up how the stories for Phantom Manor and BTMRR link up; very neat that they connected the rest of frontier land (the town of Thunder Mesa) to Phantom Manor.

Last edited:

Salt&Straw February Flavors

CHOCOLATIERS-Frans-Scoop-1200x1200_720x_1e2cd27d-f251-4d9f-a72a-92261385ed4a.webp

Fran's Almond Gold Bar
We’re a not-so-secret admirer of Fran’s Chocolates. We chop their iconic Almond Gold Bars into bite-sized pieces and toss them into a silky salted vanilla ice cream. Ribbons of heavenly hand-burned caramel and ultra rich dark chocolate stracciatella are drizzled in to deliver a flavor you’re sure to fall head over heels for.

CHOCOLATIERS-Ishpingo-1200x1200_1000x1000_6069f794-2ddc-4727-8490-fd79f96b86d4.webp

Cloudforest Chocolate Ishpingo & Mango
Complex and captivating, just like all great love stories. A tart lemon verbena sherbet spiced with ishpingo– a warm, cinnamon-y spice grown in the forests of Ecuador– is swirled with a delightfully intense dark chocolate ice cream created in collaboration with Cloudforest. A ripple of mango curd marries the contrasting flavors with a loving tropical touch.

CHOCOLATIERS-Nibs-Scoop-1200x1200_1000x1000_9430dd29-848f-42cf-8b30-870671437e96.webp

Dandelion Cocoa Nibs & Frangipane

Even Cupid can’t resist this level of luxury. Dandelion’s dark cocoa nibs are steeped to create a stunning roasted chocolate base, then candied and tossed back into the ice cream for double the cocoa power. A velvety frangipane swirl flecked with bits of crushed almonds is gently folded in for a flirtatious finish.

CHOCOLATIERS-Lovenuts-Scoop-1200x1200_720x_55896cce-4167-4a7e-9b2b-117bdac01c5b.webp

Compartés Coffee & Love Nuts

An ice cream as cozy and comforting as Sunday morning, created in tribute to Compartés founder Jonathan Grahm’s mission to share love through chocolate. We brew a smooth, caramel-y medium roast coffee from Colombia, blend it with our cream, and stud it with Compartés immaculate Love Nuts– pecans caramelized in tahitian vanilla, sprinkled with sea salt, then coated in 14 layers of chocolate.
Ingredients & Nutrition Facts
CHOCOLATIERS-Guanabana-Scoop-1200x1200_720x_50712d4f-eb3d-4305-89fc-b501664a72fa.webp

Exquisito Guanabana Stracciatella

Is there a pairing more romantic than fruit & chocolate? Native to the tropical regions of the Americas and the Caribbean, guanabana– or soursop– is an extraordinary fruit with a distinctly sweet and creamy flavor. We blended this perfect produce into a bright, refreshing guanabana sherbet, then teamed up with our friends at Exquisito to adorn it with a ribbon of a roasty, floral dark chocolate stracciatella.

The most important part of this IMO:
"Nothing at Walt Disney World changes effective tomorrow."

This tells me that it will change in WDW at some point....or I could be reaching. Hopefully by my June trip I can hop earlier.
WDW is supposed to get:
—AP not needing reservations after 2pm except to enter magic kingdom on weekends
—AP getting free access to Genie + photo filters
—complementary ride photos with Genie+ purchase

Personally I assumed that would kick in 2/4 as it wasn’t effective immediately like the removal of resort parking fees

WDW is supposed to get:
—AP not needing reservations after 2pm except to enter magic kingdom on weekends
—AP getting free access to Genie + photo filters
—complementary ride photos with Genie+ purchase

Personally I assumed that would kick in 2/4 as it wasn’t effective immediately like the removal of resort parking fees.

Yeah to me none of that is as important as park hopping. Not AP and most likely not purchasing Genie+. Will use early entry with my once a year trip rather than stare at my phone more than I need to. Different strokes for different folks...I see the benefit of the above perks, but let me into a second park earlier. 1st world problems, I know.

TRON Lightcycle Run Will Continue to Operate Rain or Shine (or Lightning)

The reason TRON Lightcycle Run is able to keep operating, rain or shine, is because the attraction is considered to be an “under cover” attraction thanks to the Upload Circuit canopy. The canopy completely covers the outdoor portion of the ride, which allows the ride to essentially function like an indoor ride would. When speaking with Cast Members, they likened it to the Mad Tea Party attraction because it is open-air, but under cover and considered sheltered from the elements. There was a brief period of heavy rain this afternoon and operations at TRON Lightcycle Run didn’t seem to stop or pause.

NEW: Disney is reportedly exploring the sale of more films and television series to its rivals in an effort to earn more cash from its library of content, according to Bloomberg @business and @Lucas_Shaw
It would be a shift in strategy from the past few years that saw Disney keeping most of its original programming on Disney+ and Hulu. That decision resulted in Disney losing out on billions in video sales and licensing deals with networks, according to @business.
Iger is expected to reveal more about his plans for the company during the earnings call, including a reorganization of the company's structure.

The article mentions Iger already reversed some Chapek decisions including "more lower-price tickets" at theme parks.

Scott Gustin Twitter

Also including a link to the Bloomberg article, it is behind a paywall though: Disney Explores the Sale of More Films and TV Series to Rivals

They got very lucky with accuracy then! I can attest that the soil under my grass in north Georgia is that color orange 😆
I lived in SC for a while as a kid. We weren't allowed to have white tennis shoes for that same reason. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter