Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

D23 Gold Member Shopping Spree at Disney Grand Central Campus

D23 has announced a Gold Member shopping spree at Disney’s Grand Central Creative Campus in Glendale, California. Here’s the announcement:

d23-shopping-spree-employee-center.jpg

D23 Gold Members are invited to get a rare peek at Disney’s Grand Central Creative Campus and enjoy a magical morning of shopping at Disney’s Employee Store on February 11, 2023. Tickets will go on sale February 2, 2023, at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET). The store is located on Disney’s Grand Central Creative Campus in Glendale, California, and features both employee and D23 member-exclusive merchandise, making this an event you won’t want to miss!
This event is for D23 Gold Members only, and one (1) ticket is allowed per Gold member. Guests are not permitted to join.
*A ticket is required for each guest in attendance in order to participate in this complimentary experience. We kindly ask that you only reserve tickets if you plan to attend. Reservation of a ticket without attendance may impact your ability to attend such experiences in the future.

Ticket Purchase Link for D23 Shopping Event at Disney Campus

Technically a Christian Rock band, but not preachy in any way shape or form if that's what you are thinking. We saw them last fall opening for Collective Soul. They do a fantastic cover of Beastie Boys Sabotage.
Actually U2 is considered to be a Christian Rock band in some perspectives.

Switchfoot is the weekend I am there. I have never heard of them. Seems like they are a Christain Rock band? I was really hoping for Don Felder. It seems like Switchfoot and Don Felder should switch so Switchfoot can be there for Easter and I can see a former Eagle. ;)

The members are Christian but they’ve said in interviews many times that they are making music about life, and sometimes that includes their faith, but they did not set out to be labeled as a religious band. They are very welcoming of people from all walks of life.

Disney Briefly Lists Casting Call For New Show at Hyperion Theatre

*WDWNT Speculating Hercules possibly and the listing was removed

D83022CA-F33E-45EC-96D3-C9ACD1A657C5.jpeg

Five main roles are being sought out:

Role #1/Featured Principal – 3 Female identifying roles, 20’s to 50’s. Vocal Range: All. Style: Proficient with harmonization and ability to sing in many styles from Destiny’s Child to Andrew Sisters. These three performers are a fun, energetic and musical sisterhood that acts as the occasional “Greek Chorus”. All abilities and types welcome. (Muses/Fates)

Role #2/Featured Principal – Female identifying, mid 20’s to early 30’s. Vocal Range: Mezzo Soprano. Style: contemporary musical theatre. Brave, resourceful and intelligent. Must have a strong English accent. All abilities and types welcome. (Meg)

Role #3/Featured Principal – Male identifying, 17 to 20. Vocal Range: Tenor. Style: contemporary musical theater. Young man coming into his greatness. All abilities and types welcome. (Hercules)

Role #4/Featured Principal – Male identifying, 30’s to 40’s. Vocal Range: Baritone/Tenor. Style: contemporary musical theatre. He is decisive, capable, principled and has a wry sense of humor. Leads others with attitude and swagger. All abilities and types welcome. (Hades)

Role #5/Featured Principal – Male identifying, mid 20’s to early 30’s. Vocal Range: Baritone/Tenor. Style: contemporary musical theater. He is a noble, loyal, idealistic, and romantic do-gooder, who does not give up easily. All abilities and types welcome.

Singer/Chorus – Male and Female identifying, any age. Vocal Range: All. Style: contemporary musical theatre. These performers will play many roles and create the world for this story. Some roles will be required to dance. All abilities and types welcome.

D23 Gold Member Shopping Spree at Disney Grand Central Campus

D23 has announced a Gold Member shopping spree at Disney’s Grand Central Creative Campus in Glendale, California. Here’s the announcement:

d23-shopping-spree-employee-center.jpg

D23 Gold Members are invited to get a rare peek at Disney’s Grand Central Creative Campus and enjoy a magical morning of shopping at Disney’s Employee Store on February 11, 2023. Tickets will go on sale February 2, 2023, at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET). The store is located on Disney’s Grand Central Creative Campus in Glendale, California, and features both employee and D23 member-exclusive merchandise, making this an event you won’t want to miss!
This event is for D23 Gold Members only, and one (1) ticket is allowed per Gold member. Guests are not permitted to join.
*A ticket is required for each guest in attendance in order to participate in this complimentary experience. We kindly ask that you only reserve tickets if you plan to attend. Reservation of a ticket without attendance may impact your ability to attend such experiences in the future.

Ticket Purchase Link for D23 Shopping Event at Disney Campus
Y'all on the west coast get almost all the D23 events!

Disney Briefly Lists Casting Call For New Show at Hyperion Theatre

*WDWNT Speculating Hercules possibly and the listing was removed

View attachment 736902

Five main roles are being sought out:

Role #1/Featured Principal – 3 Female identifying roles, 20’s to 50’s. Vocal Range: All. Style: Proficient with harmonization and ability to sing in many styles from Destiny’s Child to Andrew Sisters. These three performers are a fun, energetic and musical sisterhood that acts as the occasional “Greek Chorus”. All abilities and types welcome. (Muses/Fates)

Role #2/Featured Principal – Female identifying, mid 20’s to early 30’s. Vocal Range: Mezzo Soprano. Style: contemporary musical theatre. Brave, resourceful and intelligent. Must have a strong English accent. All abilities and types welcome. (Meg)

Role #3/Featured Principal – Male identifying, 17 to 20. Vocal Range: Tenor. Style: contemporary musical theater. Young man coming into his greatness. All abilities and types welcome. (Hercules)

Role #4/Featured Principal – Male identifying, 30’s to 40’s. Vocal Range: Baritone/Tenor. Style: contemporary musical theatre. He is decisive, capable, principled and has a wry sense of humor. Leads others with attitude and swagger. All abilities and types welcome. (Hades)

Role #5/Featured Principal – Male identifying, mid 20’s to early 30’s. Vocal Range: Baritone/Tenor. Style: contemporary musical theater. He is a noble, loyal, idealistic, and romantic do-gooder, who does not give up easily. All abilities and types welcome.

Singer/Chorus – Male and Female identifying, any age. Vocal Range: All. Style: contemporary musical theatre. These performers will play many roles and create the world for this story. Some roles will be required to dance. All abilities and types welcome.
Those descriptions just don’t seem to line up with Hercules.

Hades described as “Principled”?

Meg with a strong English accent?

Why would Herc’s age range be 17-20 and Meg’s be mid-20s to early 30s?

Who would the third male lead be in Hercules? (doesn’t seem to describe Zeus)

Now this is bugging me. I want to figure this out.

What are Disney stories with young male protagonists? Aladdin? Tarzan? Peter Pan? Hunchback?

Only one of those that could maybe fit is Tarzan?

Hades described as “Principled”?

Meg with a strong English accent?

Who would the third male lead be in Hercules? (doesn’t seem to describe Zeus)

Now this is bugging me. I want to figure this out.

What are Disney stories with young male protagonists? Aladdin? Tarzan? Peter Pan? Hunchback?

Maybe it’s teen Hercules and adult Hercules?

I think in the Disney movie, Hercules is around 18-19 years old and Meg is in her mid 20s, so that would make sense...I guess? I agree that the English accent and Hercules being described as principled do not make sense.

Maybe it’s teen Hercules and adult Hercules?
That makes a lot of sense - that whatever this is, the 17-20 is the younger version of the 20-30s male listed.

But insisting on an English accent for Meg?

Just went through all of the Disney films and nothing jumps at me as meeting this. I don’t know why this is bugging me so much - zero chance that I’m going to be at DCA/see this show while it’s running!

The first one being 3 story tellers is the one thing that makes it seem like it could be Hercules, with how the muses keep the story going along. But who knows (other than Disney!)

All I take away from it is that they are working towards casting a new show for a theatre that has been shuttered for a while now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter