Disney Movies on WDW Hotel TVs?

amplan

Earning My Ears
I'll be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter next month, and I'd like to watch some Disney movies while I'm there. Do the TVs in the rooms show Disney movies for free? Maybe even holiday-themed ones during the appropriate season (e.g. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad around Halloween)? Thanks in advance for your help!!

I was there in 2015 and at that time you only could see a Disney movie if it was a scheduled program on one of the stations. ( Meaning if it was programmed to be on ABC Family you and the rest of the country could watch it ). At the time they did not have an on-demand type option or a special channel. We did catch Mickey's Vault that played old cartoon shorts. I can't remember if that was one of their channels at the resort or if it was Disney Channel.

I'll be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter next month, and I'd like to watch some Disney movies while I'm there. Do the TVs in the rooms show Disney movies for free? Maybe even holiday-themed ones during the appropriate season (e.g. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad around Halloween)? Thanks in advance for your help!!
No. The resort room TVs have no decent Disney programming on them, no on-demand, and only Club Level rooms at deluxe resorts even have DVD players. No classic or current Disney movies, no Fab Five cartoons, etc. Disney doesn't want you hanging out in your room. They want you out and about, spending more money. So they don't provide good entertainment on their resort room TVs.

You'll often see a Disney movie or cartoon playing on the TV in the lobby, though.

Last edited:
I was there in 2015 and at that time you only could see a Disney movie if it was a scheduled program on one of the stations. ( Meaning if it was programmed to be on ABC Family you and the rest of the country could watch it ). At the time they did not have an on-demand type option or a special channel. We did catch Mickey's Vault that played old cartoon shorts. I can't remember if that was one of their channels at the resort or if it was Disney Channel.

Forgot about the regular stations; probably because I've forgotten what it's like to have cable :P . Maybe I'll get lucky with some Disney Halloween stuff on regular channels, but I'll probably take one or two movies with me just in case. Thank you for your reply!!!

No. The resort room TVs have no decent Disney programming on them, no on-demand, and only Club Level rooms at deluxe resorts even have DVD players. No classic or current Disney movies, no Fab Five cartoons, etc. Disney doesn't want you hanging out in your room. They want you out and about, spending more money. So they don't provide good entertainment on their resort room TVs.

You'll often see a Disney movie or cartoon playing on the TV in the lobby, though.

Thank you so much for your help!!! I hadn't thought about them preferring guests out and spending money. I guess I'll have to figure out how to hook up my laptop to the TV so we can stream stuff (I'm not technically inclined, especially with TVs) or, as Wild4Walt mentioned, maybe I'll find something on the regular channels.

Even during Irma, when they "specially" ran a channel of Disney movies for entertainment, it was a weirrrrd random assortment. It might be an act of mercy that they're not available all the time. ;)

Thank you so much for your help!!! I hadn't thought about them preferring guests out and spending money. I guess I'll have to figure out how to hook up my laptop to the TV so we can stream stuff (I'm not technically inclined, especially with TVs) or, as Wild4Walt mentioned, maybe I'll find something on the regular channels.

Post in the POFQ thread and ask someone to look at the inputs on the side (or back) of the TVs.
For instance, when I was at YC/Pop I noticed the new Samsungs have HDMI inputs on the side (among other ports) which was great as my laptop uses HDMI, and I brought my cable with me on the off chance that was available.
Plug in, change input source, prime laptop viewing on TV!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter