Disney Movie Insiders

CastAStone

Model Citizen. Reformed Mathlete.
Just curious if anyone has heard anything behind the scenes about this. I have a bunch of Disney Movie Rewards points and usually “changes” is code for “devaluation”, so I’d like to understand if I should go ahead and use my points all up before 9/26 when the new program starts.

DisneyKrayzie2

Earning My Ears
That’s a good question. I’m sitting on 17,000 points, better not lose value. I guess I should look at finally redeeming some points.

• CastAStone

Model Citizen. Reformed Mathlete.
    I got the email too and it sounds like points will just transfer over.
    I guess my question is more whether the points will be worth as much in the new program. Right now you get a free movie for every ~10 or so Blu-rays you buy (depending exactly what movie you want), so it’s about 10% rebate, which is very generous.

My experience with loyalty programs is that very generous never lasts, and program changes are always for the worse.

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
    Yeah, I saw this too. I'm sitting on a decent bit of points. I used to get discs, but with Disney+ coming, I'm not sure how many of those I need. I do wish they would add some variety, so let's hope they do that.

Kennywood

Kennywood
    I'm just hoping they expand the actual rewards to things other than DVDs and stuffed toys. They should tie the rewards into the ShopDisney site. You could redeem points for merchandise or a significant discount.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates