Thanks!

SUBSCRIBED

Actually my situation is a little different as I have a SOPH in College, HS SR, and a 3rd grader. The two older kids like spending time with the younger so it's not much of an issue - we stick together. The two older kids would be welcome to split off but they have never asked.

My daughter is 16 and my husband is completely over Disney, so we go for girls trips...think long weekends.

The thing is, she doesn't have any friends at all, so even if I offered the option to bring one, she prefers to stay just the two of us.

We now make it a habit of looking at menus to think about where we might want to eat (quick service), think about any special treats to get in the parks, and think about our favorite rides.

Most of all, it really is just about the two us spending time together.

Good luck! By the time mine hit the teen years, they were SO OVER Disney! They prefer world travel. I can't even count the number of countries my oldest (now 27) has been to. DD19 hopes to do some summer study abroad in 2023. Meanwhile, DS16 will be going to France and Germany in June, then South Korea in August of next year. If I even mentioned visiting the Mouse, they'd look at me like I was on drugs. My oldest doesn't even know what she'll do if her hypothetical future child might possibly want to go to WDW ("poor" hypothetical kid might be stuck with Tokyo Disney or Disneyland Paris!)

Anyway, enjoy your trips while you can--these days, it takes a lot for me to get all 6 of us in the same room.

Good luck! By the time mine hit the teen years, they were SO OVER Disney! They prefer world travel. I can't even count the number of countries my oldest (now 27) has been to. DD19 hopes to do some summer study abroad in 2023. Meanwhile, DS16 will be going to France and Germany in June, then South Korea in August of next year. If I even mentioned visiting the Mouse, they'd look at me like I was on drugs. My oldest doesn't even know what she'll do if her hypothetical future child might possibly want to go to WDW ("poor" hypothetical kid might be stuck with Tokyo Disney or Disneyland Paris!)

Anyway, enjoy your trips while you can--these days, it takes a lot for me to get all 6 of us in the same room.
Same, although they do enjoy Universal. For any trip, whether it is abroad or just a trip to the lake, the kids help plan where we go, research and pick something they want to do, and help select accommodations based on our budget.

Usually our teens stay with us if we are at the parks. We have let my son and his girlfriend explore the parks on their own last trip (17). They however get tired more easily than us surprisingly and we usually let them hang in the room in the afternoon and evening after rope dropping the park in the morning while the hubby and I will go watch the fireworks and go on a ride or two. We stay on site with our DVC points to it makes it easier to let them have a little freedom. We have also let them sleep in and join us at the park later as long as they all three come together.

Yes, one trip in the beginning of the year is usually a couple weeks and in the winter anywhere from 1-3 months depending on what else we have planned in the state.
The majority don't have the money you have so I'm not sure how many responses you'll get. If your kids have spent months at WDW every year and traveled non stop the other months don't they kind of know what they like to do at this point? It must be a nice problem for your kids to have. :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Yes, but I was wondering what other people with teens have done that we may not have done. Thank you for your input.
We found out about the Segway tour through a questions similar to this once and that's why we booked it for this year. There are hidden things at Disney that many have experienced and we like to see if they want to try stuff like that based on what other teens have thought about those things.
Most kids are just happy to get to go once in a blue moon. I can't imagine many kids being so "bougie" they need a Segway tour just satisfy them. If my kids needed that then it would be time to stop going to WDW. Sorry I can't relate my kids are grateful they get they get once a year. It's great if you can afford all those extras, but I'm not sure that's the norm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter