Disney Mix Stick HELP!

Dcanoli

DIS Veteran
Alright--after two stinkin' days of trying to find a solution by myself, I am finally giving up and asking for help!

We bought both our boys Disney Mix Sticks for Christmas.....here's my problem: They work fine w/the Mix Clips, but when I insert them into one of my USB ports, the computer will not acknowledge them.

I called tech support and they said they didn't have an answer for me, and I should return them. Good grief! I can't believe tech support told me they didn't know what to do (or actually--I CAN believe it)!

My boys are fine w/the Mix Clips, but I was trying to set up the MP3 player so I could download some more songs for them.

Has anyone out there had this problem too? Two people on TMFL e-mail list said they had problems w/downloading songs too.

Is this a common malfunction of the Mix Sticks and should I just consider this a mix clip player for my kids?

I would have loved to have known about this fluke BEFORE I bought the mix sticks!

Thanks for any help ANYONE CAN GIVE! Debbie

We have been lucky with both our Original MS and now our MixMax.

Try getting a standalone SD card and Drag and Drop songs onto that . Then insert that in the MS. This is how DD uses hers with a 1GB SD card.

When you plug it in does it do anything (charge , shown as a drive).

We have been lucky with both our Original MS and now our MixMax.

Try getting a standalone SD card and Drag and Drop songs onto that . Then insert that in the MS. This is how DD uses hers with a 1GB SD card.

When you plug it in does it do anything (charge , shown as a drive).

Okay, that was a thought I had too, but (pardon my stupidity here--maybe I'm just having a brainfade this a.m.) how can I drag and drop the songs onto the SD card? I thought about that last night, but I don't have a slot on my PC for the card, so can I even do that?

...and when we plug it in, it does charge, but it does not show up as a drive.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated....and BTW...if you look the product up on Amazon, it seems everyone has had this same problem!

Thank you all for your help! Deb

Okay, that was a thought I had too, but (pardon my stupidity here--maybe I'm just having a brainfade this a.m.) how can I drag and drop the songs onto the SD card? I thought about that last night, but I don't have a slot on my PC for the card, so can I even do that?

That's an easy one.

You can buy a USB-to-SD Card reader/writer at Wal-Mart, Target, etc. for about $20.

Then any card (SD will be one of the choices) will pop-up on your desktop and you can add/remove any files on it, just like a CD or drive.

This all assumes that your player works well with the SD.

Robo has it right and it should work with the SD card as it is working with the MixClips now.

They are just SD cards that have been locked. I've tried to unlock them and did reformat one of them as DD didn't need it . I transfered the songs onto a CD for her so she would have if needed later.

DD got the mix stix & docking station from Santa for Christmas. The docking station works fine and the mix stix works fine with the mix clips. I made sure I got the 512mb mix stix so we could have more room for downloading music from DD's other CDs onto the stix. DH tried to download music onto the stix, but the computer won't recognize it as being connected. He tried calling the number on the mix stix manual, but it doesn't work. He sent an email to their customer service, and received a reply to call another number. He hasn't been home during their normal business hours since he got the reply. However, it sounds like buying yet another device and putting music on a card may be the best way to go.

It sounds like everyone is having the same problems with this thing.

I guess I will try and get a cheap USB-to-SD reader from Ebay or retail locally ONLY because I can use it for a wide variety of other tasks. I hate thinking of spending any more money for this Mix Stick mess!

Hopefully, the card will work that way and I can get some other music for my kids.

My son got an IPOD shuffle for Christmas too, but we haven't even opened it yet because he loves the HSM mix stick. When we bought out M.S. bundle off Ebay, it came with about six mix clips, so they are set for the time being, but eventually, they are going to be bored w/what they have.

I, too, tried calling the 800 number, e-mailing, etc. etc. etc., and I just can't believe that no one has an answer to this problem and that Disney hasn't stepped up to the plate with their product.

As much as they are concerned w/quality, one would THINK this problem would have been fixed years ago, especially when they are still making the Mix Stick today in all the popular styles (i.e., P.O.C., High School Musical, etc.).

If I could just get the computer to recognize the stick, life would be grand!

One thought, have you tried inserting a blank SD card into the mix stick slot, then inserting the mix stick USB into your PC? I don't know why yours isn't working as I don't have any problems with Evan's. We're using XP with Media Player 10 and I haven't had a problem...

One thought -- you are attempting to do this on a computer where you've been granted administrator rights for that account, correct? If you don't have full admin rights (limited account) you can't add hardware and thus the mix stick would not be recognised.

It sounds like everyone is having the same problems with this thing.

I guess I will try and get a cheap USB-to-SD reader from Ebay or retail locally ONLY because I can use it for a wide variety of other tasks. I hate thinking of spending any more money for this Mix Stick mess!

Hopefully, the card will work that way and I can get some other music for my kids.

My son got an IPOD shuffle for Christmas too, but we haven't even opened it yet because he loves the HSM mix stick. When we bought out M.S. bundle off Ebay, it came with about six mix clips, so they are set for the time being, but eventually, they are going to be bored w/what they have.

I, too, tried calling the 800 number, e-mailing, etc. etc. etc., and I just can't believe that no one has an answer to this problem and that Disney hasn't stepped up to the plate with their product.

As much as they are concerned w/quality, one would THINK this problem would have been fixed years ago, especially when they are still making the Mix Stick today in all the popular styles (i.e., P.O.C., High School Musical, etc.).

If I could just get the computer to recognize the stick, life would be grand!

i think circuit city has one for 4.99 or 9.99.. its the same one i bought from 21.00 at best buy last week.

One thought, have you tried inserting a blank SD card into the mix stick slot, then inserting the mix stick USB into your PC? I don't know why yours isn't working as I don't have any problems with Evan's. We're using XP with Media Player 10 and I haven't had a problem...

One thought -- you are attempting to do this on a computer where you've been granted administrator rights for that account, correct? If you don't have full admin rights (limited account) you can't add hardware and thus the mix stick would not be recognised.

I haven't tried that way yet; I'll try it now.

Yes, I am the sole user of this PC, so I am the administrator; I add and remove (and fix) things all the time, so I don't think that's the problem.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try anything at this point!

Deb

i think circuit city has one for 4.99 or 9.99.. its the same one i bought from 21.00 at best buy last week.

Yeah, I saw a few for $6 on Ebay too.

Thanks for the heads up! I am definitely going to try this option!

Deb

ours works now!! He called the tech support number given in the email response to his inquiry. The lady said that they've had some mix stix that were not formatted in the factory. She walked him through the steps to format the player. This process is detailed in the user's guide, but specifically says, "WARNING! Do not format this player unless it stops working and you are instructed to do so by technical support personnel."

Well, as soon as DH formatted the player, the computer recognized it and he was able to transfer music to it.

Just thought I'd let everyone know so you could try it on yours that aren't working!

Yippee!

Maybe that is the problem with mine too.

I saw those instructions in the manual, but since it said NOT to do it, I didn't. I think I'm going to give it a whirl.

(After I ordered a USB reader and am charging my son's new IPOD! DRATS!)

Thank you so much for posting this! I am so glad I posted this thread! I'll let you know if it works for us too.

Deb :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter