Disney Magic upgrade- bad reviews

dizny4eva

Earning My Ears
So my daughter and I are going on the Magic in January and I've been reading many posts regarding bad experiences on the Magic since it was upgraded- cabins flooded, no power, non- working tv's as well as stomach illnesses. I'm really worried and was wondering if anyone could shed some light and maybe give me a little reassurance. :confused3

So my daughter and I are going on the Magic in January and I've been reading many posts regarding bad experiences on the Magic since it was upgraded- cabins flooded, no power, non- working tv's as well as stomach illnesses. I'm really worried and was wondering if anyone could shed some light and maybe give me a little reassurance. :confused3

You may wish to post it his question in the main forum to get more answers, this is posted in a trip report section.

Whilst some people have experienced some issues, many have described their cruises on the Magic as perfect, the Dispodcast here didn't have any issues.

Some peoples expectations might have been wrong, it's s refurbished 15 year old ship not a new ship.

DCL are working hard on the few issues, as there reported.

The few negative reports are getting dissproporual coverage here.

Do not sorry your cruise will be fine.

My family and I just did Magic Trip Oct 25th. Disney Magic looks great, Aquadunk is lots of FUN as well as Aqualab. We love the new Irish Pub. We will be returning in January as well. Our cabins were great and and did not heard about anybody getting sick nor the above issues during our trip!.

Some of the lower cabins flood every once and a while. We were on last Aug on Deck 2 and our cabin flooded twice. Our wonderful stateroom host told us that it has happened every few weeks since he'd been on the ship because of the poor ship design. Supposedly the pipes get smaller as the decks get lower. As large amounts of waste build up, the lines back up. When it happened to us, DCL was more than accommodating and fixed it as soon as it happened and they gave us a ship credit since the ship was full and they were unable to move us to a different cabin. People could also get sick for multiple reason without notice too. And "DISNEY FANTASY" is right, it is quite an old ship with only a facelift!

Something things such as those experiences should not ruin a vacation or detract you from a vacation. It could happen on any cruise line or hotel without notice or precedence. :goodvibes

Are you saying that the bathroom waste floods the cabins?? Regularly? And that it shouldn't ruin your vacation…? What am I missing? That seems crazy to me!

We have stayed twice on deck 2 and even before her "facelift" never had a problem with leaks:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter