Disney Magic TV'S in rooms

HBEIC5A

Earning My Ears
Does the Disney Magic still have 13inch tube TV'S in the rooms or have they upgraded to Flat Screens? Last cruised on the magic in 2005 and I know it drydocked in 2010. Going back May25th out of NYC...can't wait!!!:rotfl2:

Both the Magic & Wonder had the same TVs as we saw on the Fantasy on our 2011 cruises.

sweet!!! Does anyone know if they have USB or SDCARD inputs for picture viewing??:cool1:

sweet!!! Does anyone know if they have USB or SDCARD inputs for picture viewing??:cool1:

Nope, and in addition it is prohibited to connect any outside device to the TV's such as DVD player, etc.

As shown at the DCL site.

Question
What items are not permitted on board?
Answer
In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.

Weapons and firearms (including ammunition, knives—including dive knives—swords, daggers or any other types of weapons) are not allowed onboard under any circumstances
Realistic replicas of firearms and weapons
Highly flammable liquids and combustible substances
Non prescribed controlled substances, illegal drugs, medically prescribed and synthetic marijuana
Power Tools and Tool boxes (except those tools of the trade utilized by vendors providing services)
Sporting equipment (i.e., baseball and cricket bats, hockey and lacrosse sticks, pool cues, ski poles, fishing gear and archery equipment.)
SCUBA equipment (i.e., tanks, spears guns /slings, dive knives, pry bar, and underwater scooter)
Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats/pools (including pool noodles), and wagons
Bicycles, Segways, skateboards, inline & roller skates, any footwear with wheels, (i.e. Heely's type shoes)
Electrical appliances such as rice cookers, hot plates, coffee makers, electric irons, bottle sterilizer and bottle warmers, etc. Please note: A limited number of approved bottle warmers and bottle sterilizers are available upon request through Guest Services. Also all ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.
Candles & Incense
DVD, VCR, or Blu ray players or, Playstation, Xbox, and Nintendo Wii gaming systems are not allowed because of compatibility issues with the stateroom TVs Musical instruments
Large Ice Coolers (Please note: small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12" x 12" x 12" brought onboard for the purpose of housing medications are permitted as carry-on luggage.)
Homemade, pre-cooked or other perishable food items plus any open snack containers
Metal detectors are not allowed on the ship or on Castaway Cay, as any object found using thesedevices would need to be returned to the owner or donated to charity
Personal fireworks or pyrotechnics
Seasonal and celebratory lighting strings
Liquid oxygen
The following items are permitted but with the following restrictions:

Walkie-talkies and two-way radios (e.g., Motorola, JVC). Please be aware that the amount of steel in the ship's infrastructure may cause some "dead zones" and the radios may not transmit in these areas.
A small portable fan. However, please contact Guest Services to have the Chief Electrician approve the use of your particular appliance in the stateroom.
Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices (PFDs) and flotation sewn into the bathing suit for safety. However, recreational floating devices such as floats, rafts and fun noodles cannot be brought on board and are not permitted in the pools or on Castaway Cay.
Golf clubs, as long as they are stored in your stateroom.

MJ

Nope, and in addition it is prohibited to connect any outside device to the TV's such as DVD player, etc.

DVD, VCR, or Blu ray players or, Playstation, Xbox, and Nintendo Wii gaming systems are not allowed because of compatibility issues with the stateroom TVs

MJ

This isn't a case of hooking a seperate DVD/VCR/BR/Console to the TV. The restrictions do not prohibit the connection via aUSB/SD card to the TV, if so equiped. The question was if the TVs had a USB or SDcard slot to view pictures. Some TVs or DVD players allow you to take aUSB flashdrive or your camera's SD card and plug it straight in to view the pictures as a slideshow on the TV. One could argue, if the TVs had the Component/RCA plugs and you brought your camera's component/RCA plugs, you could still connect since technically, they aren't a DVD/VCR/BR/Console.

This isn't a case of hooking a seperate DVD/VCR/BR/Console to the TV. The restrictions do not prohibit the connection via aUSB/SD card to the TV, if so equiped. The question was if the TVs had a USB or SDcard slot to view pictures. Some TVs or DVD players allow you to take aUSB flashdrive or your camera's SD card and plug it straight in to view the pictures as a slideshow on the TV. One could argue, if the TVs had the Component/RCA plugs and you brought your camera's component/RCA plugs, you could still connect since technically, they aren't a DVD/VCR/BR/Console.

The first word of my answer to the OP was "Nope". That answered OP's question and then I added more info for reference only.

As far as I know there are no ports for USB/SD cards/devices...whatever they are called.

I just found my pics of the back of the TV from the Magic that I took a few years ago.

ARE THESE USB PORTS?....TO THE LEFT IN THE PHOTO....IF SO, THEN I STAND CORRECTED.

MJ

The first word of my answer to the OP was "Nope". That answered OP's question and then I added more info for reference only.

As far as I know there are no ports for USB/SD cards/devices...whatever they are called.

I just found my pics of the back of the TV from the Magic that I took a few years ago.

ARE THESE USB PORTS?....TO THE LEFT IN THE PHOTO....IF SO, THEN I STAND CORRECTED.

MJ

Wow!!! My wife takes pictures of absolutely everything when we go on vacation but not once as she ever taken a picture of the back of the TV:lmao:
Those are deifnitely 2USBports on the left side along with 2VGA in and out to plug my Laptop straight to the TV. Thanks for the info...This really helps:thumbsup2

:lmao:
Wow!!! My wife takes pictures of absolutely everything when we go on vacation but not once as she ever taken a picture of the back of the TV:lmao:
Those are deifnitely 2USBports on the left side along with 2VGA in and out to plug my Laptop straight to the TV. Thanks for the info...This really helps:thumbsup2

:lmao::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:
I was thinking the same thing!!! LOL

I'm pretty sure it says "service only" underneath the USB socket.
Most likely for firmware upgrades and setting as these are Hotel model TV's.

The (15 pin D Sub) VGA socket has been reported as working by other's, as have the composite and component inputs.
(the one underneath the VGA (9 pin D Sub) is a serial connection to control the TV via a automation system)

If they do have a SD card or USB slot they will be on the side for easy access.

HTH's

Ex Techie :)

Correction, It's actually 1usb input at the bootom:happytv: and 1HDMI input on top:scared1:

I am on your cruise!!! Can't come soon enough!!!

I take pics of everything...usually for posting back here at the Dis. People always have questions!!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter