Disney Magic Stateroom 6006 - category change ?

I think 6506 is the much better room choice, if the price is the same, even though it almost at the front of the ship.

Thanks... I went ahead and made the change. Excited to have a 10A option with rooms above and below and a window.

View attachment 180490
Just wanted to feed back on this. This is the view when at sea from magic room 6506- classified as a deluxe inside stateroom with no porthole. Obstruction gone when in port
Thanks for this! We are in 6506 on the Wonder this Thanksgiving, and I was curious if it was better or worse than the other secret portholes. We've stayed in 5020 before and had no problem at all.

Thanks for this! We are in 6506 on the Wonder this Thanksgiving, and I was curious if it was better or worse than the other secret portholes. We've stayed in 5020 before and had no problem at all.
From the pictures I've seen, it has less obstruction than the other SPH on deck 5.

I know it's an older thread. We just came back from our Disney Magic - NYC to Bermuda. Purposely booked 6506. For us, the obstruction was there when in port. No problem at all. Would definitely book this again. Cabin excellent shape and does sleep 4.

I know it's an older thread. We just came back from our Disney Magic - NYC to Bermuda. Purposely booked 6506. For us, the obstruction was there when in port. No problem at all. Would definitely book this again. Cabin excellent shape and does sleep 4.

Hi again, i just booked a cruise for my family of 5 in early January 2020. It’s on the Magic out of Miami. I booked Cat 5C for DH and me, but wanted to save a little money and book my sons in a 10A. Well, to our surprise they are booked in 6006, opposite your room.

When the CM told me the cabin number, I said are you sure that’s a Deluxe Inside and he said yes, but then said it may have a window but it’s view is obstructed.

So, of course I needed to find out. I found a picture of the rooms interior and one of the Wonder showing the obstruction from the outside. Not bad, especially for the savings. Thanks for the info.

We just had 6506 on the Wonder last weekend and it was great to have a view (even obstructed view) for the price of an inside. We liked the location close to the lounges on Desk 3 (where we ended our evenings, LOL). But we usually stay Aft so it was different having to walk so much further to the drink stations, restaurants, etc.

I would definitely stay on that room again for a short cruise. :)

We've always stayed more in the middle of the ship. We've booked 6506 for our upcoming Nov'19 trip out of NY. How bad does the room rock as it's up front? Anyone feel that this is very rocky?

We've always stayed more in the middle of the ship. We've booked 6506 for our upcoming Nov'19 trip out of NY. How bad does the room rock as it's up front? Anyone feel that this is very rocky?
This really depends on how rough the seas are - and leaving NYC in November, it could get rough. We sailed out of NY this past October to Bermuda, and the first day at sea the ship was moving quite a bit. Our room was slightly back of forward elevators on deck 8, and vertical motion was very noticeable. But there isn't a spot anywhere on the ship that will be completely stationary if the entire ship is rocking.

Debating if I should change down to floor 2. Room 6506 is considered a deluxe inside cabin but has a secret porthole. Felt like I was getting a bargain but not sure if I should just stay in the middle on the 2nd floor. We do take dramamine whenever we go on cruises and I've been okay with it. My one daughter felt bad in the theater because of the waves. Wasn't sure if our room is as front as this or if we would feel it as much or more on the 6th floor.

Debating if I should change down to floor 2. Room 6506 is considered a deluxe inside cabin but has a secret porthole. Felt like I was getting a bargain but not sure if I should just stay in the middle on the 2nd floor. We do take dramamine whenever we go on cruises and I've been okay with it. My one daughter felt bad in the theater because of the waves. Wasn't sure if our room is as front as this or if we would feel it as much or more on the 6th floor.
Yes, 6506 is as far forward as the main theatre. You can see this at https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Disney-Wonder&zoom=1 where you can drag one deck on top of the other.

We stayed in 6006 in September and made a video of the room if you want to see it

You may want to keep your curtains closed when you are in port while you are changing.

IMG_3331.jpg

We did last falls WBTA and in this cabin and yes you will feel motion more than the middle lower decks of the ship, but having sailed in the deluxe family staterooms on the Dream class in the same location on the larger ships, this room we felt motion less than in the larger ships on the same location near the front of the ships.

Ironically the middle of the Atlantic was calm but as we approached the eastern seaboard and shallower waters, the seas became rougher and felt more. Definitely a cabin we'd try to get again (tried for the WBPC but was gone) as is a great value. Motion affects myself little but DW will take both the non-drowsy and drowsy Dramamine need be and in this cabin, the non-drowsy once a day (well Bonine brand) was all she ever needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter