Disney Magic Kingdoms

Only in the beginning did I care about fitting everything in. Once I realized that the whole "base color" bit didn't matter did I figure I didn't want to put it all out. The completionist in me would like as much stuff as I can fit. I won four attraction chests over each of the the past few events. I got the China attraction, which was one of the three I needed. This last time I got another four chests and figured at least one of them would yield Steamboat Willie, but no. Then they pulled it, and now today we all got it anyway.
I did not get a chest today. I already had won Steamboat out of another chest. I should have gotten some other building that I did not have but I glad you finally received the building, I have a number of buildings out and just put them away when I need room for new buildings when we have an event.

With all of the complaining I feel like I have done lately, I should mention that I really like the colorful 50th celebration animation of main street and Central Plaza. It makes me happy when I tool around.

I already had Steamboat Willie, so no gift for me today. I have no hope on the Figment challenge, so not really even trying. I am on track to get the hat stand and am currently in 1st place, but I expect the person below me is gemming to catch up and will likely pass me at the end of the event. The trophy would be nice, but I won't fight for it with gems. Like others, I have come to accept that it's ok to not have everything and I won't be a slave to the game.
Wouldn't it have just made more sense to offer Figment as a character to be in our park instead of a tapper element? No wait, they'd just screw it up and make him the top prize for five people, so never mind.

By the way... anyone else feel like we've been collecting trophies for months now?

Last edited:
Wouldn't it have just made more sense to offer Figment as a character to be in our park instead of a tapper element? No wait, they'd just screw it up and make him the top prize for five people, so never mind.

By the way... anyone else feel like we've been collecting trophies for months now?

I think Figment lacks an identifiable storyline so I can see why they didn't do it that way. You could argue the same for The Bride, but she is tied to a ride that is at least in all the parks, even if the storyline differs.

I think Figment lacks an identifiable storyline so I can see why they didn't do it that way. You could argue the same for The Bride, but she is tied to a ride that is at least in all the parks, even if the storyline differs.
True. But considering half of these storylines are all contrived anyway, why not. It might make sense not to include the Dreamfinder being that most of the players won't have a clue who he is, but the dumb dragon guy? There's still plush to be sold out there, so why not?

So to get Ezra, Phineas or The Bride, you can purchase a Spooky chest for 150 gems. Currently that appears to be the only ways to get these three characters. Granted The Bride is a repeat character. The Forest Fiends mini-event has a reward of a Spooky Chest.

So to get Ezra, Phineas or The Bride, you can purchase a Spooky chest for 150 gems. Currently that appears to be the only ways to get these three characters. Granted The Bride is a repeat character. The Forest Fiends mini-event has a reward of a Spooky Chest.
And there's not even a "buy six chests for $9.99 option" like there usually is with special chests. I'm preemptively giving up hope on getting these characters.

I'm not even thinking about getting Spooky chests. These have been a rip-off since The Bride was introduced. Less than 1% chance to get The Bride in a 150 gem chest, that's a big no for me. The other ghosts have slightly better, but still terrible odds, so I will pass.

And there's not even a "buy six chests for $9.99 option" like there usually is with special chests. I'm preemptively giving up hope on getting these characters.
I noticed that there was no "special chance" listed on that buy our six chests option. Maybe they missed it, maybe it's removed? Not sure if they figure selling a single chest at 160 gems and then hoping people will replenish their gems for more money than one set of chests.

I've never bought a chest. I am just opposed to the whole idea of them. Another thing that makes me like this game less and less each update.

Ugh. The spooky chests are so enticing to me. Not only the haunted mansion characters, but a chance at basically all of my other missing characters? So stinking tempted.

Ugh. The spooky chests are so enticing to me. Not only the haunted mansion characters, but a chance at basically all of my other missing characters? So stinking tempted.

I bought two just for the heck of it since I had a lot of gems built up and I saw a 75% chance of getting a "special chance". I'm missing quite a few of the characters listed so I'd have been happy with any of them. Got one chest with no special, another one that did give one, and I got elixir. That's it for me! At least I did get concessions instead of cheap decorations.

Well, I caved but I got really lucky... Ezra :) And then I had to buy another Haunted Mansion from Merlin in order to earn on of his tokens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter