Disney Magic Kingdoms

I managed to collect enough hats to welcome Cruella overnight. I probably won't get her to level 2 to "finish" the event, but there's no actual reward for that, so I don't really care.

So I didn’t get Cruella which is ridiculous. I started collecting for her the day she became available. I had all the phones but only 8 earhats. I refused to set an alarm to collect throughout the night, my sleep is too important. I have come to the conclusion the goal of this event was to get as many people to buy the Cruella bundle by keeping the drops nonexistent. Well I refuse to pay for a character.

Agreed, as I am a long time player as well and still need 5 hats now. I will use gems!

Update: had another pickup with no hats, used 158 gems to finish her and then got 20 back for finishing that group for a net of 138 gems. Really ugly that they are making this so hard.

I had to do the same. This is the first time I have ever had to do this, and I wasn't too busy to play this event, so it's incredibly annoying. I said at the time it started that having to level up attractions was going to destroy the game, and I feel like I was right (sadly) since even if you use the gems to by one it's not enough to give you items. Grrr.

I was looking on Twitter last evening and saw a post from Magic Kingdoms asking people about the event. My guess is they were expecting to get all positive comments and kudos for a wonderful event. Out of the 70+ comments, I think I saw less than 5 people provide a somewhat positive comment. I only saw like one or two comments that indicated they completed with time to spare. There were some comments about the horrific drop rates and the push for micro-transactions. Doubt this will change things though.

I was looking on Twitter last evening and saw a post from Magic Kingdoms asking people about the event. My guess is they were expecting to get all positive comments and kudos for a wonderful event. Out of the 70+ comments, I think I saw less than 5 people provide a somewhat positive comment. I only saw like one or two comments that indicated they completed with time to spare. There were some comments about the horrific drop rates and the push for micro-transactions. Doubt this will change things though.
I wish it would change things. It is going to turn people off. I don't mind spending some gems or even a minor amount of money, but it's getting ridiculous. I am not paying $10 for Cruella.

As a follow up to my comment regarding Twitter, I looked at Instagram to see the comments there. It was just as brutal on Instagram. I wish, like others, that Gameloft will listen to this feedback. When we had the Luca event, Ercole had fairly bad token drop rates. I think after an update, that got changed and it wasn't quite as bad. Right now Cruella drops seem to be worse now the event is over. Before the event was over, I think I had three ways to get her ear hats. Now I only have two unless I can enchant buildings to level 4. Given the drop rate of the 101 Dalmations tokens from chests or ads, not going to happen anytime soon.

As a follow up to my comment regarding Twitter, I looked at Instagram to see the comments there. It was just as brutal on Instagram. I wish, like others, that Gameloft will listen to this feedback. When we had the Luca event, Ercole had fairly bad token drop rates. I think after an update, that got changed and it wasn't quite as bad. Right now Cruella drops seem to be worse now the event is over. Before the event was over, I think I had three ways to get her ear hats. Now I only have two unless I can enchant buildings to level 4. Given the drop rate of the 101 Dalmations tokens from chests or ads, not going to happen anytime soon.

One thing that Gameloft needs to stop doing is changing which characters/tasks drop tokens IMMEDIATELY after the event ends. This is the second consecutive event where the last character (who was already absurdly difficult to get) saw multiple token tasks disappear. I was one of the lucky ones who got Cruella, but now she's still stuck at Level 1 because the phone tasks completely changed (and now conflict with these stupid side quests that keep popping up).

I wish it would change things. It is going to turn people off. I don't mind spending some gems or even a minor amount of money, but it's getting ridiculous. I am not paying $10 for Cruella.
I'm wondering how many of the thousands of other players did, though. If enough people gave in, I have a feeling that we'll be seeing more of this same nonsense going forward.

One thing that Gameloft needs to stop doing is changing which characters/tasks drop tokens IMMEDIATELY after the event ends. This is the second consecutive event where the last character (who was already absurdly difficult to get) saw multiple token tasks disappear. I was one of the lucky ones who got Cruella, but now she's still stuck at Level 1 because the phone tasks completely changed (and now conflict with these stupid side quests that keep popping up).
I've got her at two, with one phone and two hats towards three. But instead of collecting for anyone's tokens, everyone is working on the common tokens. Figures that I just wrapped up the very last ice cream cone I'll ever need, and now I have to work on dog food.

I'm wondering how many of the thousands of other players did, though. If enough people gave in, I have a feeling that we'll be seeing more of this same nonsense going forward.

Yes, exactly. The game is getting hammered on Facebook too, and there were plenty of people saying they were forced to buy Cruella because they couldn't earn her during the event. That's exactly what the developers are counting on, and as long as people are willing to drop money on this stuff these events will continue to be impossible.

Yes, exactly. The game is getting hammered on Facebook too, and there were plenty of people saying they were forced to buy Cruella because they couldn't earn her during the event. That's exactly what the developers are counting on, and as long as people are willing to drop money on this stuff these events will continue to be impossible.

I refuse to pay dollars, but I did have to use some gems at the end. At least I instantly got 20 gems for getting her and then the max for my event currency which was so high because I couldn't use it to buy Cruella and thus I also couldn't level any others characters up since I didn't want any conflicts with trying to collect tokens. Still, I spent more than I earned, and it's just plain annoying. I added to the complaints on their social media posts.

I refuse to pay dollars, but I did have to use some gems at the end. At least I instantly got 20 gems for getting her and then the max for my event currency which was so high because I couldn't use it to buy Cruella and thus I also couldn't level any others characters up since I didn't want any conflicts with trying to collect tokens. Still, I spent more than I earned, and it's just plain annoying. I added to the complaints on their social media posts.
I wound up with 40 gems as part of the exchange. Can't remember where I've been in the past so I'll just pretend that I'm happy with 40.

I believe I ended up with about the same, 40 something.
Mine was exact at 40, not a gem more. And that was after welcoming Cruella, so I guess holding most of the characters at 4 or 5 paid off. Plus it gives me something to do until the next event.

Took a bit, bur all Luca characters and building are now in storage. Good riddance to a film I will never bother to watch.

Took a bit, bur all Luca characters and building are now in storage. Good riddance to a film I will never bother to watch.

Ok, I have to ask. Why won't you watch any of the new films (or the ones that aren't all that new)? I don't love most of them, but some are good. I do watch them when they come out on Disney+ (or before we had that, when they were available at the local library).

Ok, I have to ask. Why won't you watch any of the new films (or the ones that aren't all that new)? I don't love most of them, but some are good. I do watch them when they come out on Disney+ (or before we had that, when they were available at the local library).
I guess as a forty-something with no young children around the house, I am no longer in their target demo. Plus, these films don't have any appeal to me anymore for whatever reason. But when it comes to the Disney Company, I was always more about the parks, and about the people behind and in the films more than the films themselves.

I guess as a forty-something with no young children around the house, I am no longer in their target demo. Plus, these films don't have any appeal to me anymore for whatever reason. But when it comes to the Disney Company, I was always more about the parks, and about the people behind and in the films more than the films themselves.

Thanks for explaining. My favorite shows on Disney+ are the behind the scenes ones, especially those that talk about the early days of Disney, so I get it. No kids here anymore, but we do still try to catch up on the new animated movies now that we can watch them at home. I still love the classics more, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts