Disney Magic Kingdoms

My take has always been spend gems however you want. Same goes for spending money on the game. I personally may, or may or may not agree, but to each there own. I decided to just collect them and got lucky to get him to level 2 and finish the event this morning. Think I collected an item on each 4 hour job I sent him on.

at least it is after you welcome him, so even if you never get to any other tasks, you "got" everything from the event

I like this format better than others where there was like 1 character with "epic" chance for drops for the last item to even welcome the last character or the comfy outfit or whatever

Oh my goodness yes. I was a little worried when the book quests didn't open up for me until a couple days ago, but as others said the drops have been very consistent. I'm almost done. When I first saw the requirements for Ian I was having flashbacks to Moana. The way the time wall on that was set, I don't think it was mathematically possible to get her tokens unless you had all the premiums.

I got his staffs quickly but then could not get the four hour quest to drop hats, in order to level him to two. So spent the 20 gems for the last hat and did the two hour quest and got the thanks for participating.

No, it doesn't. But working two office jobs remotely and our mom's advanced stage cancer diagnosis from mid March does. Not that I owe you any explanations though. But again, far bigger things going on in my life to worry about than some fake gems, no?
Absolutely, you do not owe anyone an explanation.
In spirit of this forum, there’s a lot of bantering which is mostly amusing until it strikes a nerve - probably almost always unintended.
It sounds very stressful for you right now being supportive for your mom and working remotely amidst all of the COVID-19 uncertainties and complications.
if you wish, I’ll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Hey DMK fam. Hope everyone is safe and sound and healthy out there. I'm joining the furloughed bunch right at the end of the event. Just got caught up on the forum. At least I'm not the only one who has no plans to see "Blue Shrek"...lol..good one.
Welcoming Ian now...finally. I'm pretty close on finishing Star Wars event characters and poor forgotten Dante is still begging for tokens. But, at least I finally got Lady...she felt as troublesome as Donald and Bagheera were back in the day.. How far along is everyone else? Am I super behind?

just a reminder that "Blue Shrek" is on Disney+ now for those that have it, if you want to experience the source material for this even

Watched it last night and it wasn’t to bad. Especially since I was able to watch a movie that would still be in theatres under normal circumstances, for “free”. For those wondering I’d say 6/7 characters were justified to be included in the game. Blazey is the only one that had no business included, since I’d say it had well under a minute of screen time.

Also, had no idea what was up with the 5 drinks that we can click on every 2 hours until watching the movie. For those wondering, they were Sprites and it‘s a reference to a gang of sprites at a gas station / Convenience store. Actually the main sprite character would have made much more sense than Blazey and could have been used as a villain character.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was surprised after the trailers that Blazey had basically no screen time/nothing to do, and that the feral unicorns were just a couple of brief gags.

Agreed that the Sprite Biker Gang leader would have made a better character in the game.

We watched it last night as a family and thought it was pretty cute. I'm so glad they moved it to TV so quickly since there was no chance we were going to go to the movies.

I’ve been MIA lately. Popping in to see if anyone can confirm a detail for me. It’s looking like I won’t be able to hit the welcome button for Ian until tomorrow. Will I get Ian as long as I start the 12hr welcome before the event ends - or does the 12hr welcome need to complete before the event ends as well?

I’ve been MIA lately. Popping in to see if anyone can confirm a detail for me. It’s looking like I won’t be able to hit the welcome button for Ian until tomorrow. Will I get Ian as long as I start the 12hr welcome before the event ends - or does the 12hr welcome need to complete before the event ends as well?

In past events, the welcome needed to be complete before the event ended. If you don't have time for the 12 hour welcome, you will need to spend gems to end the welcome early.

In past events, the welcome needed to be complete before the event ended. If you don't have time for the 12 hour welcome, you will need to spend gems to end the welcome early.
I always thought that was pretty unfair. I had to use gems once to finish up a comfy costume to get it in time. I'm not sure what I'm more ashamed of...using gems for a pretty worthless costume or taking so long in my gameplay, that I had to use the gems. Either way...still pretty unfair. Once you hit "Welcome"...you should get the character even if the event ends. Ok...putting my dusty DMK soapbox away for tonight.

I always thought that was pretty unfair. I had to use gems once to finish up a comfy costume to get it in time. I'm not sure what I'm more ashamed of...using gems for a pretty worthless costume or taking so long in my gameplay, that I had to use the gems. Either way...still pretty unfair. Once you hit "Welcome"...you should get the character even if the event ends. Ok...putting my dusty DMK soapbox away for tonight.

USING GEMS FOR A COSTUME IS FAR MORE SHAMEFUL!!! I will never be able to read a post from you the same way. There are certain things you NEVER tell someone and that would have to be near the top of the list. :oops:

USING GEMS FOR A COSTUME IS FAR MORE SHAMEFUL!!! I will never be able to read a post from you the same way. There are certain things you NEVER tell someone and that would have to be near the top of the list. :oops:
Heh heh heh...I know...took me weeks before I could look at myself in the mirror. But you have to understand..Mulan looked really cold, and that was when that crazy glitch happened and they ended the event a day early and then opened her back up AFTER I spent the gems. I figured the interns were messing with me. But the real point is..she was cold Mike, what could I do? And worse than that, she wouldn't be able to hang out in the dressing room with all her friends. I'm not heartless...just gem dumb. I'm pretty sure you have embarrassing skeletons in your DMK history too!! (Probably having to do with land...)

I made it! Played like mad yesterday, actually set my alarm for 2:30 am this morning to cash out a parade and collect from my people and a little after 4:30 am scraped past 18000 EC and started Ian. Just watched the event end to make sure they didn't take him away from me since he's still "cooking," but his timer is still running and he will be in the park in a little over 3 hours. Phew! Sense of accomplishment!

Now no more events for a while please.

I made it! Played like mad yesterday, actually set my alarm for 2:30 am this morning to cash out a parade and collect from my people and a little after 4:30 am scraped past 18000 EC and started Ian. Just watched the event end to make sure they didn't take him away from me since he's still "cooking," but his timer is still running and he will be in the park in a little over 3 hours. Phew! Sense of accomplishment!

Now no more events for a while please.

Congratulations!

Hey DMK fam. Hope everyone is safe and sound and healthy out there. I'm joining the furloughed bunch right at the end of the event. Just got caught up on the forum. At least I'm not the only one who has no plans to see "Blue Shrek"...lol..good one.
Welcoming Ian now...finally. I'm pretty close on finishing Star Wars event characters and poor forgotten Dante is still begging for tokens. But, at least I finally got Lady...she felt as troublesome as Donald and Bagheera were back in the day.. How far along is everyone else? Am I super behind?
I realized that after all the anticipation, I haven't bothered with my Disney+ account for a few months now. I'm not the kind to go back and re-watch an animated film for the heck of it, and I'm bored with the original content on there. At some point, I'll go back in and see if they've hopefully refreshed their content. But for now, no, Blue Shrek is not part of my must-watch list.

Watched it last night and it wasn’t to bad. Especially since I was able to watch a movie that would still be in theatres under normal circumstances, for “free”. For those wondering I’d say 6/7 characters were justified to be included in the game. Blazey is the only one that had no business included, since I’d say it had well under a minute of screen time.

Yeah, I was surprised after the trailers that Blazey had basically no screen time/nothing to do, and that the feral unicorns were just a couple of brief gags.
So a lot like the Not-Pascal character they stuck into the Frozen II update, then.

Also, had no idea what was up with the 5 drinks that we can click on every 2 hours until watching the movie. For those wondering, they were Sprites and it‘s a reference to a gang of sprites at a gas station / Convenience store. Actually the main sprite character would have made much more sense than Blazey and could have been used as a villain character.
I wasn't one of those wondering. But now that I know, it doesn't make anymore sense than before. Don't sprites have something to do with fairies? There must be someone on here who's still playing with those lame Magic cards who can clarify. I figured it was a pun, and they made them drink cups or something, as a rather poor product placement. Is it Coke or Pepsi currently in the parks these days?

I realized that after all the anticipation, I haven't bothered with my Disney+ account for a few months now. I'm not the kind to go back and re-watch an animated film for the heck of it, and I'm bored with the original content on there. At some point, I'll go back in and see if they've hopefully refreshed their content. But for now, no, Blue Shrek is not part of my must-watch list.

So much more then just animated films on Disney +. All the Star Wars , madelorian, many other things. Lots of old stuff that was fun to see again like Herby. National Geographic etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter