Disney Magic Kingdoms

Star Wars Event:

Download December 17th
Event begins December 19th

New plot of land available. Star Wars themed. Star Wars attractions will have a 15% magic bonus when placed in that land.

Attractions: Cantina, First Order Speeders, Resistance Speeders, Resistance X-Wing Ride

Concessions: Blue lightsaber stand, Red lightsaber stand, Blue milk stand

Decorations: Star Wars gold trophy

Parade Float: Millenium Falcon and cave creature from Empire Strikes Back

Permanent Characters: C3PO, R2-D2 (premium)

Event Characters: Finn (first character), Poe, Rey, BB8 (premium), Kylo Ren, General Hux, First Order Stormtrooper (premium)

Wreck It Ralph characters will have new event related tasks.

Non Star Wars additions:

New Snow Queen Elsa costume available from Frozen chests. New Anna costume at a later time.

Visiting Home feature update: You can filter characters based on who collects tokens and/or event currency. Wishes for home characters will bring up a dialog which should return them to the park more quickly.

There will be some balancing in the Toon Town area.

Holiday decorations will be added to the concession and decoration chests.

Ugh.

I have less than 100 gems, I am going to FL tomorrow. 12/20 is my "attempt to ride Rise of the Resistance." I have been planning to "take an event off" and it looks like this is going to be the one. Works out, I guess, because I do not care one iota about this cast of Event characters. Maybe by the end, I will get the 200 gems for BB-8 and otherwise, I will get done what I get done without checking in constantly.

I am glad they are adding new land, but the location of it doesn't really make sense... There is room on both the eastern and northern sides of Tomorrowland and they decided to do an extension from bottom of Toontown... What the heck were they thinking???

I will give them credit that the art/animation of the new characters is pretty darn good - they look way better than the Pirates characters

Fun reading the bitter comments about the characters being from the New Trilogy vs the Original (you'd think they would included Chewie since he was in all the movies to try and make more people happy)

I do like the idea of getting bonus for placing certain attractions in certain areas of the kingdom ... but why bother for 15% magic bonus when a lot of players have more magic than they know what to do with already? why not have it increase drop rate of tokens or something?

As to the new person that is part of the livestream, all I'll say is her delivery of the forced puns made me miss Marc Andre

I’m so sick of collecting Musical Posters! If they’re gonna “force” us to collect them, more characters should collect them and/or they should ALL be 1 hours AND have no conflicts with other items.
The method of collecting snowflakes is fantastic. But then it would have been a different crop of interns back when they did the Frozen event.

Do we know if any character rebalancing is happening with this update?

I thought they said the cost of land in ToonTown is what was being rebalanced, not characters. One area in south was going to be less and one more in the east of the roller coaster would cost more magic to buy.

I am glad they are adding new land, but the location of it doesn't really make sense... There is room on both the eastern and northern sides of Tomorrowland and they decided to do an extension from bottom of Toontown... What the heck were they thinking???

My guess is that they did it that way so that the new land would be accessible to new players who haven't progressed into Tomorrowland yet.

I'm scratching my head about the two 'Speeder' attractions that are practically identical to one another. What creativity. I totally understand when they make fake attractions for character sets that don't have actual real-world attractions. But, in this case, they could have chosen from Smuggler's Run, Rise of the Resistance, Star Tours, or even Jedi Training Academy.

Hm I don’t have all the Wreck It Ralph characters since I didn’t complete that event plus I am super low on magic at 100k. Shere Khan, Wendy, and Ducky wiped me out.

Last edited:
I know it’s much easier to say years after the game was released, but having separate worlds/kingdoms could have worked out pretty well. So maybe when you’d launch the app you’d have tabs like Classic Disney, Disney, Pixar, Pirates, etc. click on them and it would take you to that world/kingdom. That would make Star Wars and/or Marvel much easier to add, because they would have there own world/kingdom that would be designed to fit with those themes.
Then I'm thinking, why bother adding new worlds/tabs within this game for these outside properties? Just build a new game exclusively for Marvel and one for Star Wars. If I'm a Marvel fan who doesn't care about Disney, I'm not going to bother downloading a Disney Kingdoms game for a Marvel component, when there is a main storyline requirement to play the full game. I'd rather search out a Marvel or Star Wars title and play that one.

Then I'm thinking, why bother adding new worlds/tabs within this game for these outside properties? Just build a new game exclusively for Marvel and one for Star Wars. If I'm a Marvel fan who doesn't care about Disney, I'm not going to bother downloading a Disney Kingdoms game for a Marvel component, when there is a main storyline requirement to play the full game. I'd rather search out a Marvel or Star Wars title and play that one.

Because there basically in a catch 22 situation. No question there is merit in what you said, but for argument sake let’s say your a huge Star Wars/Marvel fan. Knowing everything you know about the developers/interns would you download what would basically be a new version of this game and start over again? I know I wouldn’t and I’m pretty sure you’d be the same. On the other hand, complaints and all, were still playing this game and by adding Star Wars they’re hoping it will be a get us excited, continue playing and maybe get some of up to spend some $.

I’m not saying my previous post was something I’d do, or would make the game better, it was just what-iffing. Long ago I gave up on the idea of designing my ideal park. I also don’t care that all these characters that ”shouldn’t interact” interact, but it would be kinda interesting if separate woulds would allow that?

Heres an interesting idea that I don’t think something I’ve really ever seem games do, but what if the separate worlds, which would be treated as part of the game were also actual “stand alone” games? That could potentially let them have it both ways and promote it as part of this game and a separate Star Wars or Disney app if they want too?

I personally didn’t really want to see Star Wars in this game, but I still would have tried to get all of the characters if it was going to be based on the original trilogy. BB-8 is the only character from the sequel trilogy that I like, but I don’t like him enough to spend gems on him.

So it’ll be interesting to see how far I make it without using my gems on BB-8 or the stormtrooper. I didn’t get the fire spirit lizard during the Frozen event, but I was still able to get Elsa’s outfit. I didn’t technically finish the event though because I went to bed a couple of hours before the outfit was ready, and the next day the event was going to end before Anna and Elsa would be able to complete that 8 hour talking task.

So it’ll be interesting to see how far I make it without using my gems on BB-8 or the stormtrooper. I didn’t get the fire spirit lizard during the Frozen event, but I was still able to get Elsa’s outfit. I didn’t technically finish the event though because I went to bed a couple of hours before the outfit was ready, and the next day the event was going to end before Anna and Elsa would be able to complete that 8 hour talking task.
Eh, you got the last item, event completed. I didn't get the blue lizard either nor the premium attraction. I already had the full frozen characters at level 10, so it was easy enough to skip them. New players would have had a much more difficult time and from reading it looks like many did. They had high leveling requirements for anna in order to progress and they were always short on event currency.

I've been hoarding my gems, and will try to get the 2 from this new event because I won't be able to get them and the attractions. But with the way the interns have been behaving, would not be surprised to see BB8 for 400 and the storm trooper for 350.

I will give them credit that the art/animation of the new characters is pretty darn good - they look way better than the Pirates characters

Fun reading the bitter comments about the characters being from the New Trilogy vs the Original (you'd think they would included Chewie since he was in all the movies to try and make more people happy)

I do like the idea of getting bonus for placing certain attractions in certain areas of the kingdom ... but why bother for 15% magic bonus when a lot of players have more magic than they know what to do with already? why not have it increase drop rate of tokens or something?

As to the new person that is part of the livestream, all I'll say is her delivery of the forced puns made me miss Marc Andre
I agree with all of this and somehow, I have made it to almost 12mil and it has been relatively easy to accumulate in the past few months. I'm not sure why though.

FYI - Update is available in Android/Google Playstore

right away you can buy R2-D2 (300 gems) and start working on C-3PO (though each item he needs only has 1 existing character that can work towards them (and for 2 of them it is Goofy) so likely not much headway before event opens and you can get some of the new Star Wars characters)

Merlin has a task to clear the cursed area in front of where the new Star Wars land is. Then for the new land there is a green portal blocking access to it for now and then also notice the swirling black smoke around where the AT-At is so guess have to clear that "curse" as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!