Disney Magic Kingdoms

So I had downloaded this game when it first launched a couple years ago. I had it for quite a while but I got very tired of not having enough land unlocked to put in event attractions and the large grind with one or two actions to collect a "rare" item in relatively short times and I ended up deleting it.

Do you think its worth a re-download to try and get back into it or are the events still a lot of grinding unless you're wanting to shell out lots of money?
If I didn't get into this game the first month and wasn't so far along and heavily invested time-wise at this point, I would run away from this game and never look back. Instead I remain along for the ride for the time-being. [ringing bell #shameshameshame] So, if I had quit the game and was looking to get back into it, the answer for me is a resounding "no". Just about every single decision made by the gamemakers since the time you departed has been for the worse for players, and are clear and obvious efforts at simply getting more players to pay more. Finishing events has, in general, become much harder to finish without paying than easier. But, maybe there is somebody out there who would disagree?

If I didn't get into this game the first month and wasn't so far along and heavily invested time-wise at this point, I would run away from this game and never look back. Instead I remain along for the ride for the time-being. [ringing bell #shameshameshame] So, if I had quit the game and was looking to get back into it, the answer for me is a resounding "no". Just about every single decision made by the gamemakers since the time you departed has been for the worse for players, and are clear and obvious efforts at simply getting more players to pay more. Finishing events has, in general, become much harder to finish without paying than easier. But, maybe there is somebody out there who would disagree?
That's really sad...

The game's got the potential to be so much fun and a great way to just have a collection of characters...

Ok I’ll play.
Louie 9
Prince Charming 8
Pascal 8

Hank 9
Dory 8
Squirt 8
Marlin 8
Nemo, Bruce, Crush maxed

Abuelita 6
Dante 6
Coco 6
Imelda 7
Miguel 8
Ernesto 8

Ryder 6
Spirit 5
Honey 4

That's really sad...

The game's got the potential to be so much fun and a great way to just have a collection of characters...

i agree they have made parts nearly impossible to complete and more aggravating. But I still like this game, I do just the parts I want to, like old mostly collecting characters and leveling them. I enchant buildings that will help me not the old ones. The only money I spent on the game was to get when I had missed events early on but that has passed. Enjoy the parts of the game you like and don’t do what you don’t. Play if you want!

I still wonder how much money they would get if they actually sold these event characters rather than $10 for a 4% chance to possibly get one through a chest. They must seriously believe there’s enough stupid children and enough clueless parents out there to make a profit.

So I had downloaded this game when it first launched a couple years ago. I had it for quite a while but I got very tired of not having enough land unlocked to put in event attractions and the large grind with one or two actions to collect a "rare" item in relatively short times and I ended up deleting it.

Do you think its worth a re-download to try and get back into it or are the events still a lot of grinding unless you're wanting to shell out lots of money?
I think you'll find it much the same, maybe even worse if you want to collect it all. The common token requirements have increased greatly for past character sets. They added a new mechanic that allows you to enchant buildings, which gives you them the opportunity to drop tokens or allow unique character tasks that could also drop tokens. But in order to enchant a building, you guessed it, you need tokens of various rarity.

Having not played for a while, you'll likely find yourself missing helping characters for tower challenges and even for some events. So you might be able to get a past attraction or character for free through those with a lot of checking in and dedication to the game. Otherwise, you'll be looking to shell out real money for character and attraction bundles, or if you are feeling extra rich, you can gamble on exclusive chests that may or may not give you anything worth while.

There are still some funny story lines and dialogue with some characters and other neat references. If you just play in down time without concern for collecting everything in the game, you could certainly give it another go.

As for me, I will quit when one of these occurs:
We finally defeat the curse on the kingdom.
I level all owned characters to level 10.
Not being able to complete an event (main prize) as a result of not being able to purchase premium Gem characters of buildings. (Essentially, as a result of not having enough gems, I do not complete an event).

My analysis is this: We will never defeat the curse on the kingdom, Similar style games (Simpsons Tap Out, My Little Pony) are still continuing and they started before DMK. With the changing requirements, I can't level all my characters to level 10 in the low time between events. I am close to not being able to complete an event. I did not have enough gems for the lizard at the start of the current event. I do now through leveling charcters and through daily rewards. The grand prize is an Elsa costume, which at the end of the day, like all the others seem to do very little in terms of game play. Now, if I can't complete an event as a result of not being able to purchase a gem attraction or character, that will be the last event for me and I will remove the game.

It's been awhile since I checked in. This has to be the most boring event ever. How often can we search for someone? Only plus is getting Elsa who was my only missing Frozen character. I have whittled my overall "active" character list to less than 25, but for the more recent additions:

Louie 9 (he has been at 9 FOREVER. Stupid truck)
Prince Charming 7 (I didn't have Snow and focused on her after the Tower Challenge. She's done)
Pascal 7

Dory 8, ready for 9. All others maxed

Abuelita 5
Dante 7
Mama Coco 6
Imelda 7
Miguel maxed
Hector 4
Ernesto 8

Ryder 5 ready for 6
Spirit 6
Honey 4

Well, I did finally get the California Screamin area up to Thrill Level 3 ... so now I get 50% more of magic that I don't really need more of, so I got that goin' for me

Hoping to finish up Louie, Prince Charming, and Pascal soon (all are at level 9)

3/10 and 3/12 so far on Elsa's traveling outfit items

If youre going to start start back up, make sure you do before the 25th. Every year they gift users a special chest for their loyalty. It has always been the cheapest premium nonevent character that you don’t already have. ...Although, with way things have been going, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if that chest ends up being downgraded to either a chance, or random tokens. Although, “Heres 3 gems. Murray Chrimbo!” sounds about right.

My analysis is this: We will never defeat the curse on the kingdom, Similar style games (Simpsons Tap Out, My Little Pony) are still continuing and they started before DMK.

Simpsons has an end. You get to a certain level, complete all the quests, and end up getting a Mount Rushmore style prize with a character carved in. Each insane level awards you a new character carving. Only thing new for the game are limited timed events.

I think EA does it right, in that you can finish the quests without paying for content. If you pay for content, you actually receive it. There’s no gamble. You buy a building or a character, not a chance at it. These purchases give you additional quests. The game has been around since 2012, and EA hasn’t given up on it. This Disney game however... ...remember the 50th anniversary of Disneyland? VMK... ...By far a better game than this app, and it was launched 10 years before this one. Disney shut it down after 3 years. This game, supposedlay celebrating the 60th, despite having completely made up attractions, had been around for 4, and I’m honestly surprised. They must be making money somehow. But I always felt like this was the sort of game one might invest real money in, and then have Gameloft pull the plug. You never own anything. You’re only owning the privilege of playing with it.

It's been awhile since I checked in. This has to be the most boring event ever. How often can we search for someone? Only plus is getting Elsa who was my only missing Frozen character.

The Frozen Singalong at MGM/DHS is the same way. The historians are actually quite good at what they do, but everyone on stage (including most of the children in the audience) are asking “Where’s Elsa?”

Last edited:
If youre going to start start back up, make sure you do before the 25th. Every year they gift users a special chest for their loyalty. It has always been the cheapest premium nonevent character that you don’t already have.

Not really. The first year, I got attractions, not characters. Last year I got Maximus as a gift in my game where I still don't have Boo (who costs less than Maximus).

Adding Star War in the next update. Huge fan of the franchise but I think incorporating them into this game will be ham handed and awful.

Adding Star War in the next update. Huge fan of the franchise but I think incorporating them into this game will be ham handed and awful.

Also not sure how they will fit into the game, but I’m far more “excited” about StarWars characters than anything they’ve add I’d in the last year or so. Also opens the possibility of Marvel coming in the future, which I would also be fine with.

I know it’s much easier to say years after the game was released, but having separate worlds/kingdoms could have worked out pretty well. So maybe when you’d launch the app you’d have tabs like Classic Disney, Disney, Pixar, Pirates, etc. click on them and it would take you to that world/kingdom. That would make Star Wars and/or Marvel much easier to add, because they would have there own world/kingdom that would be designed to fit with those themes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!