Disney Magic Kingdoms

I went in with no expectations but got myself a hyena after all, I guess I low key gathered all items for Banzai. I have no illusions about the Tower one(Shenzi??), I have over 1,000 gems so I'm kicking around the idea of getting Ed but am not sure yet.

Good morning Kingdomers. Good news/bad news - I was out of the country during the start of this event and could only log in once or twice a day while on WiFi. Good news - was able to level up several of the level 9 characters I had sitting. Bad news - a bit behind on the TC. Still managed to welcome Banzai this morning, but my EC isn't where it should be so don't really expect the last hyena (I bought Ed with gems). No big loss.

Is there a list somewhere of the number of points you get based on the level of the characters in the TC?

Trying to figure out who to level for chapter 3... some are 8s and some are 9s... wasn't sure if there is a greater increase in points going from 8 to 9, or 9 to 10, or if they are the same.

I have everything I need to welcome Banzai but I’m wondering if it’s better to wait and buy the tokens for Shenzi instead? Is there an advantage one way or another?

You are not the only one screwed. Unless you bought every gem character you are screwed. I have all the Mermaid characters but few of the gem characters for this event. And mind you all my other characters are 10 but that won’t matter with mostly two useable characters in the other groups.

LOL, that is the Reddit title. Although I probably am screwed. I can unlock Banzai now, but I'm going to see if I can collect all the second act hats first.

Can we all just appreciate the subtle nod to the recent Ariel casting? God I love reddit

I was trying to come up with some smart 🤬 comment, but due to the fact that whatever I say might upset someone on either side I’ve decided it would be in my best judgment not to say anything at all.:rotfl:

As far as Reddit goes, for the most part I agree with you. That said, when it does go off the rails, it really goes off the rails. :rotfl:

Last edited:
Is there any benefit to welcoming Banzai before Shenzi?

I saw previous posts about not being able to collect the hats for Banzai but I have all of them. I just need enough Maleficent money.

I'm not sure there is a benefit, but since I'm not convinced that I'll be able to get all the items for Shenzi I decided to unlock Banzai now. It also looks like Banzai will be useful in Act 3.

Is there any benefit to welcoming Banzai before Shenzi?

I saw previous posts about not being able to collect the hats for Banzai but I have all of them. I just need enough Maleficent money.

Yes, everyone can unlock Banzai once chapter 2 started. For chapter 1 we were only able to collect 2/7 for one of his items. My complaint/post at the time wasn’t that they limited it, but was because 2 LK characters showed you could collect when you couldn’t.

I'm not sure there is a benefit, but since I'm not convinced that I'll be able to get all the items for Shenzi I decided to unlock Banzai now. It also looks like Banzai will be useful in Act 3.

Same here! Since he costs EC to level, I’m trying to decide if I want to level him to 2?

Also, anyone else having issues with the site forwarding them to “spin to win” or we detected “a virus” on your phone adds recently? When was typing this message it redirected me to your phone has a virus pages and had to delink to the site. Annoying, but at-least my phone no longer has a virus! I made the right choice downloading there “virus protection”, right? :rotfl:

Last edited:
Yes, everyone can unlock Banzai once chapter 2 started. For chapter 1 we were only able to collect 2/7 for one of his items. My complaint/post at the time wasn’t that they limited it, but was because 2 LK characters showed you could collect when you couldn’t.

Same here! Since he costs EC to level, I’m trying to decide if I want to level him to 2?

Also, anyone else having issues with the site forwarding them to “spin to win” or we detected “a virus” on your phone adds recently? When was typing this message it redirected me to your phone has a virus pages and had to delink to the site. Annoying, but at-least my phone no longer has a virus! I made the right choice downloading there “virus protection”, right? :rotfl:

My problem is I don’t see a way to collect more than the 2 hats for Banzai, I originally got in Chapter 1 . I still need 5 with no way to collect.

Hey guys! The family has gone home, and so trying to decide what to do about the game. My EC collection is dragging and so I'm not sure if I will have enough for Shenzi in either game. Depends on how much I play this week. My IOS game has had decent HC drops, so I might be able to battle through on that game. In IOS, I also probably have enough gems for Ed without being in a deficit for the next event (if I care). I did get Hei Hei to 10 and Maui is leveling up now, which leaves my IOS game with only Gramma Tala still to work on for Moana. A lot farther away in my Windows game.

Looks like I missed a lot of drama about the LK characters available in this TC. But in general, it feels like this TC is harder. Which is not a good thing. Still completely ignoring the attraction enhancements, although I did the balloons maxed out in my Windows game. Anyone know how many of these Pixar balls it takes to max out, assuming you already have the characters at 10 (except the TS4 ones) and haven't enchanted any buildings?

And Dewey is taking forever in both games.

It's been ages since I posted, so here's my update:

Characters to level/welcome
Sina and Chief Tui 9, waiting for flowers
Moanna, Grandma, and Pua 9, gathering tokens
Maui and Hei Hei 8, gathering tokens

Sultan 9, gathering tokens
Rajah 6 (taking forever!!!)

Ducky 8
forky leveling to 9 now
Bunny 7

Scrooge 4
Huey 4
Dewey 2
Louie working on welcoming

Shenzi building EC and waiting on chapter 3 to start
Banzai 1
Ed 5

So far I'm liking the fix to the happiness. Not as good as it was before the big update, but the slower drop rate I never drop into joyous anymore except first thing in the morning.

Not a fan of leveling up buildings at this stage of the game. I often compare this game to the Simpson's Tap Out app. Their version was great for years with characters assigned to buildings and leveling up buildings would drop more rare tokens or shorten the drop times. In this app it doesn't make sense to implement that system 3 years into an app. Seems to be harder for newer players and unnecessary for older players who already have these tokens. Not a well thought out plan.

So far I'm liking the fix to the happiness. Not as good as it was before the big update, but the slower drop rate I never drop into joyous anymore except first thing in the morning.

I have a problem now. Because of the family visit, I wasn't able to check into my Windows game very often. I dropped down to 73 Joyous, and I've spent all day getting up to 83, then no wishes and dropping back down into the 70s. Tomorrow, I'm guessing I am going to drop into the 60s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter