Disney Magic Kingdoms

Not sure if you are aware or not, but the video for gems only works twice a day. For me, it resets at around 9pm EST. The bubble around the gem turns white when it's time to play the ads. Again, if you already know this, I'm sorry. Not sure if they are playing for you at all or if it always says unavailable. On a fare more important note, most sincerest condolences on the passing of your husband. I guess we were all hoping that he would pull through, even as strangers.
I’m lucky if I get the 2 gems or even 1 every like 4 days, and every time i open a chest(what my 4 year old spends all our gems on doing when I’m not looking, just uses gems to skip the time and open every chest that’s there) when the little thing pops up to watch a video for a bonus one, they always come up as unavailable now, try again later, yeah like I can after the little pop up is gone, the extra happiness video pop ups that come up at random, none of it plays, like I said, lucky to get a video to play every couple of days, Gabby is constantly watching YouTube videos on the phones or her tablet so I don’t get why they don’t work, also she just likes doing something when there’s nothing to do, she actually associates leveling the characters with thinking she’s getting a new one, she gets mad when one is leveling and she sees another one ready, saying why can’t I get him or her, I usually have to them go find the character on game if I can to show her it’s already walking around

Side note, personal life stuff so don’t read if not interested: not ready for it yet, but going to see if a lawyer can look into his death, something just wasn’t right with what all went on at the hospital, yes he had an allergic reaction (oddly seafood, after he always ate it, it was complete, sudden, and horrible, just want to warn others it can happen, by the time I called 911 and got an ambulance here he couldn’t talk) he already was on oxygen, but problems started at the hospital when feeding tube moved into his lungs his 2nd day there(still wondering why he had one so soon, our little one was in icu for about a week on her birthday last year and couldn’t eat until the 5th day and they never worried about a feeding tube) and he got pneumonia, also a week before he died, they moved him out of icu, then back in Sunday, after he started running 103+ fevers, Wednesday we got warned he wasn’t doing well, Thursday I got the call about 4 that his heart stopped and cpr didn’t work, so really not happy with them right now, he was only 53(almost 2 decades older then me since he graduated the year I was born) and even with him needing oxygen 24/7, I never thought to be raising our 4 year old alone, and unfortunately, we were supposed to get married earlier this month to protect our daughter legally, so we never made it, really bad timing, even though this happening at anytime is still awful since I have a 4 year old that knows he’s gone but then goes back to saying she wants daddy to play barbies with her again, those are the times that are like a knife in my heart since I can’t fix it

I just went through and counted, there’s 16 sets that I’m going to have to get from chests, but since they change an average of every 3 days, sorry I’m not thinking great atm and am usually good at math but not now so please tell me if I’m adding this up wrong, but wouldn’t that mean that they cycle through about every 48 days? I got her 3, she didn’t want “scary and icky guys” from nightmare before Christmas, and skipping lilo for now until next time it comes around, want to make sure if a princess set comes up I can get it, just want to know if I figured that right, and side note, she’s always been a little spoiled since I get 100% disability from the military and struggled when my other one was little so she’s always gotten things but can only fit so much in my house and have to move soon so I actually don’t mind spending money on this for the moment

I just went through and counted, there’s 16 sets that I’m going to have to get from chests, but since they change an average of every 3 days, sorry I’m not thinking great atm and am usually good at math but not now so please tell me if I’m adding this up wrong, but wouldn’t that mean that they cycle through about every 48 days? I got her 3, she didn’t want “scary and icky guys” from nightmare before Christmas, and skipping lilo for now until next time it comes around, want to make sure if a princess set comes up I can get it, just want to know if I figured that right, and side note, she’s always been a little spoiled since I get 100% disability from the military and struggled when my other one was little so she’s always gotten things but can only fit so much in my house and have to move soon so I actually don’t mind spending money on this for the moment

Some sets might come up more frequently because the characters are used as "helpers" for the current event. During the Moana Event, Snow White were helpers so Lilo & Stitch chests were available, even if it was not time for their rotation. Also, holidays can affect which chests are offered (Mulan shows up for Chinese New Year).

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, just doing the math made it feel like I didn’t have to rush so much since they probably come up an average of every 2 months, also, she doesn’t spend the 60 gems for chests, I buy the packs for those for her, like I said she associates leveling with getting a new character, she spends all the gems to rush the timers on the chests to open all those until she either runs out of chests or gems

Okay, one more thing, I missed Monday for the calendar thing, surprised my daughter didn’t go on but it was the funeral day and things were a little frantic and crazy, I’m trying to pay the 4 gems it says, but can’t figure out how

Okay I might have to contact customer support I guess, it had to be log in within 24 hours but I know my daughter logged in, if they don’t fix it with what’s going on, they’re so heartless

Okay I might have to contact customer support I guess, it had to be log in within 24 hours but I know my daughter logged in, if they don’t fix it with what’s going on, they’re so heartless

I think paying the gems, only helps you recover the previous day's rewards. And I think it maintains your streak on the right side (which isn't that big of a deal). So you could get Tuesday's reward, but not any of the previous days. Honestly, the only day it's really worth it, is to recover the Christmas Day reward, because it's a chest that will give you either a character/attraction/costume that you don't have. But you have to do it on 12/26 not later.

And you have to be connected to the server to collect calendar rewards. With your other issues with gem videos, it's possible that it didn't register the calendar rewards. I've had problems like that, where I click on the calendar and it says I'm not online, even though I have wi-fi on my phone. Rebooting the app helps. The game is just buggy. So consider that when you keep handing them money.

Excited to boast about my placement of #1864 on the bee event with a total of 3 bees., which basically allowed me to check the leaderboard prizes. You can all be jealous of my 2 gems and 1,000 magic. Me, I will NOT be jealous of the time the rest of you wasted over the past five days of that nonsense.
I was 17xx so you beat me. I had enough bees for the silver chest, just for the happiness. Then I replenished my gathering tokens for the next time. Did they change the leaderboard placements? I waited 2 days before entering a leader board and people had 60+ items. Wonder if it's all fake leaderboards now. Wouldn't be surprised really.

Well now I don't feel so bad about the bee event. I wasn't going to participate, but then saw that gems were the prizes and figured what the heck. After two days, I never got into the top thousand, and those in the top 50 had crazy numbers. Wasn't worth it to me to continue.

I contacted customer support because on Tuesday when we logged in and did the calendar I couldn’t do anything then either, and with videos, like when I open the chests just now, it gave me the option to earn another one and immediately after I clicked it, both chests this happened, a window popped up saying the request timed out and try again later, also last thing, I can never seem to have enough happiness, i can’t level at least a handful of characters that I have everything else for and the place I can remove the curse on at the moment costs 150,000 yeah nice, I have like 700 and something right now, I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or what because with my 4 year old wanting to play too, we both ate logging in at least like every hour or 2 just for a couple mins to collect things and resend characters on quests that were finished. And after buying chests I think it would be even worse if I had to buy magic on top of it, at least with the chests gabby gets excited about the characters

Finally back up to 14765 magic, but that’s because I haven’t leveled any characters tonight, I did the math and the ones that are ready would cost me 60,000+, so adding that to the magic I need to cure the curse, that’s over 210,000 magic needed, I had to walk to the store with my little one and kept making little stops every time I got an alert to collect things, after we made it to the store and finished our shopping on time, I figured I had time, especially since she was all snug and asleep in her stroller, just feels no matter how much I play, I’m always so far behind on collecting magic to have enough to do what’s needed

Oh and also, I know this isn’t the right spot, but when I was at target, they had clearances on a ton of shimmer and shine and nella the princess knight things for half off(I know it’s Nickelodeon) but just thought if anyone has a toddler like me, they might want to know, half off on toys is a rare occurrence as far as I’ve seen and people on here have been so helpful and kind, I just wanted to let you know, some things were as cheap as $2.49, so don’t think they’ll last too long, so thought I’d give the heads up

Also, we usually log in more then a couple dozen times a day, Monday was just a bad day with having a funeral, that’s why I don’t get why I wasn’t given the option on Tuesday to get Mondays reward day paid for, it shows I had Tuesday but I know there was no option up to get back the day before, that’s why I contacted customer support, between me and my daughter we log in at least 40-50 times a day, just to grab little things at random for like 30 seconds when they pop up, so don’t get how we didn’t get the 4 gem option to replace Monday on Tuesday and now they’re starting to irritate me unless they fix this, I also wish all these games had an option to put a passcode on the gems, my little one doesn’t understand all the clicking, and I don’t care when other things get spent, but since sometimes gems are needed to purchase items and I try to save them up to get them, just don’t like that they’re so easy to click and spend when if I want those items later I have to again pay real money for them

Well now I don't feel so bad about the bee event. I wasn't going to participate, but then saw that gems were the prizes and figured what the heck. After two days, I never got into the top thousand, and those in the top 50 had crazy numbers. Wasn't worth it to me to continue.
25 gems were not enough to make me even slightly interested in participating in a five day multi-token tapper. It felt really nice to not have to worry about collecting those annoying tokens and being able to send everyone home.

25 gems were not enough to make me even slightly interested in participating in a five day multi-token tapper. It felt really nice to not have to worry about collecting those annoying tokens and being able to send everyone home.
I collected casually too, it did feel really nice. I also was in the upper 1,000s and got 2 gems. Now I’ve got the duck ready for level 3 and collecting for the bunny.

Actually looking forward to this live stream today, I might actually watch it just because it’s update 31.... and I’m bored at work, here for appearances.

Flying to WDW tonight for a quick weekend. And scouring my email for the Passholder preview of Galaxys Edge on the hour.

Sigh... the stupid "Next Event" box is back. My in-laws, and nephews come 3 days after the event starts, for the weekend. Don't know how much playing time I will get in Windows, because I will have to be a grown up.

Livestream has started. I am following Reddit, and not the stream. Apparently, the stream is very glitchy.

Update Drops: 7/2

Rebalancing: Incredibles, possibly more.

New Permanent Content: Scrooge (premium - didn't say cost), Huey, Dewey, Louis (unlocks after completing Donald's Boat - so early in game)

New Ducktales Float
New Scrooge Bank Vault attraction - The Money Bin (won't be available until after the Tower Challenge)

Tower Challenge is the next event, but with three Characters: Shenzi (final TC character), Banzai (tokens through LK drops and side story) and Ed (didn't say how - I have a bad feeling it's gems) from Lion King (Hyenas). Starts 7/9

Three new concessions during Tower Challenge

Timon, Pumbaa, Nala and will be available for Maleficent Coins

At same time Ducktales unlocks, so do something called Kingdom Quests.

Attraction Enchantments
  • Buildings can be upgraded to Level 5
  • Unlocks tokens
  • Tokens continue to be collected even if you are maxed out for the level, only maxes out when you have enough for 10 (same as the chests)
  • Only Mickey & Friends and Toy Story buildings, initially
  • At level 5, buildings have a chance to drop 2 tokens
Chests (this will make @Saati51 happy)
  • When you find a chest in the park, it opens immediately. No pedestals. (No using gems to speed up chest opening) edit: I guess it's Bronze level chests only. Still platforms for the rest for now. Eventually, Silver, Gold and Platinum chests will be no more. People who paid gems to unlock platforms, will get reimbursed those gems, but not immediately. Future update will eliminate the pedestals altogether
  • New Chests: Concession Chests (60 gems), Decoration Chests (20 gems), Resource Chests (tokens - 40 gems), Enchanted Chest (75 gems, tokens for building upgrades and premium attractions)
  • New Chests for Calendar Rewards
Happiness
  • Not being returned to how it was
  • Will be slowing down the deterioration
Teasing more updates coming in the future, which they are making changes to in configuration now. Example: Decorations will be grouped (I assume benches, lamp posts, etc). And that we may notice strange things appearing in our parks.

NO LAND!

Last edited:
>:( 3 identical hyenas, so uncessary
>:( new chest types
>:( no land, 3 updates without land now?
>:( back to back tower challenge
>:( attraction enchantment, more work and a lot more tokens to collect
>:( terrible laggy stream
>:( Marc Andre is not a good host, don't know why they keep using him

Am I being overly negative or what?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter