Disney Magic Kingdoms

I'm not seeing it. I was looking forward to reading the comments. How nice that the game developers decided to push out the changes and use the players as guinea pigs to see how things were going to work. Oh, and lied about the reason for it initially.

Never mind, found the new Facebook post- buried in the comments from the last post they made. Someone who replied to their comment pegged the game developers right: they were too cowardly to make an actual separate post on the update. They know they're full of it.

I'm not going to freak out about Update 31, until this tower challenge is over. For right now, I'm just progressing with the tower challenge, and waiting to see how things go and then take it from there. I have too much going on in other parts of my life, to be worried about things that might affect me game wise. I live in Florida, so I freak out about unknowns all the time, mostly weather related. I also don't have a steady job, so I freak out about unknowns all the time, like paying bills and how I'm ever going to be a "grown up" and move out on my own and such. Update 31 does not scare me. Things that are pressing matters on how I live my life day to day, that stuff scares me.

I decided to wait to buy any of the tokens this TC. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to get both characters but with how the TC has been getting progressively harder every time I’m starting to doubt that I will.

Good call. That's what I did with the one featuring Cri-kee. I didn't have Mulan who was also offered, so I waited to make sure I could get her first. It turned out to be the right decision.

I decided to wait to buy any of the tokens this TC. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to get both characters but with how the TC has been getting progressively harder every time I’m starting to doubt that I will.
Here is my rough estimate for how much EC you'll need to get Rajah:
25 Goblets @250 = 6,250
25 Fabric @450 = 11,250
25 Hats @650 = 16,250
Additional = 2,500
TOTAL = 36,250
**The Hats figure is a guess based on the pattern of each level increasing by 200.**

I've decided to wait as well. That's a lot of EC especially when I'll have my lowest ranked characters in the 3rd level.

Does "Happiness" decrease at the same speed for all levels?

I had 99% of the Ecstatic level, which dropped to 98% in three minutes. If that holds for the entire Ecstatic level, then it's a decline of 20% per hour. So it would only take 5 hours to drop out of the Ecstatic level. I guess they really want players to use the Happiness lock and/or come back really often.

Does "Happiness" decrease at the same speed for all levels?

I had 99% of the Ecstatic level, which dropped to 98% in three minutes. If that holds for the entire Ecstatic level, then it's a decline of 20% per hour. So it would only take 5 hours to drop out of the Ecstatic level. I guess they really want players to use the Happiness lock and/or come back really often.

This is why everyone is so upset. Yes, for Ecstatic this is the way it works "1 point drop every 3 minutes." The lower tiers (Joyous, Cheerful, etc. ), the decline is slower.

Here is my rough estimate for how much EC you'll need to get Rajah:
25 Goblets @250 = 6,250
25 Fabric @450 = 11,250
25 Hats @650 = 16,250
Additional = 2,500
TOTAL = 36,250
**The Hats figure is a guess based on the pattern of each level increasing by 200.**

I've decided to wait as well. That's a lot of EC especially when I'll have my lowest ranked characters in the 3rd level.
So far I only have just under 13k EC, so I’ve got a ways to go. Also only have 286 gems, so I still need to earn more of those to get sultan.

It’s getting really old not having enough time to rebuild your supply of gems/magic/etc between events.

FYI-From the FB page-
Disney Magic Kingdoms UPDATE: Hi Kingdomers! Thanks for all the feedback about the Happiness Rewards System.

Throughout the past several months, we have been looking at ways to make Happiness a more integral part of your game experience. This is all in preparation of new features which we are excited to show you in Update 31. While we don’t want to spoil the surprise, some of these changes will ultimately result in more sources to earn Tokens!

As the Happiness Reward System directly affects Token drop rates, we had to make this adjustment. Rather than doing it in Update 31, we wanted to have a better understanding of how this change would impact other in-game systems. Once we review the data carefully, we will be in a better position to adjust the Happiness Reward System to ensure that it is fun and engaging for everyone!

In the meantime, please make sure to check out our upcoming Daily Rewards Calendar in June. We’re sure it’ll make you happy!

Again, thank you for all the feedback, and we hope you’re looking forward to some exciting new changes starting in Update 31!

The comments on this BS post are hysterical. Of course there are the sheep who keep saying "thank you" and I can't tell if they really can't think for themselves or if they work for Gameloft. But the rest are priceless. :rotfl: IMHO they have taken a great game and ruined it with greed and laziness.

I guess I'm glad to hear the drop rate slows down for the lower tiers of happiness, but I agree, 1 point per three minutes is excessively fast.

I'm not going to freak out about Update 31, until this tower challenge is over. For right now, I'm just progressing with the tower challenge, and waiting to see how things go and then take it from there. I have too much going on in other parts of my life, to be worried about things that might affect me game wise. I live in Florida, so I freak out about unknowns all the time, mostly weather related. I also don't have a steady job, so I freak out about unknowns all the time, like paying bills and how I'm ever going to be a "grown up" and move out on my own and such. Update 31 does not scare me. Things that are pressing matters on how I live my life day to day, that stuff scares me.

I’m not freaking out about the update 31 either. If anything I have more of a morbid curiosity about it. Also agree with you that there are far more important things to worry about than a stupid game. That said, for a number of players, this game has been a relief from the stresses of life and recent changes have had the opposite effect.

This is why everyone is so upset. Yes, for Ecstatic this is the way it works "1 point drop every 3 minutes." The lower tiers (Joyous, Cheerful, etc. ), the decline is slower.

Exactly! It’s the inconsistency that is the problem. If it drops 20 points an hour for Ecstatic and you get +10 per smile than it should be consistent throughout. The problem is when you drop down into the 90s in Joyous you may drop less an hour but you only gain 1 per smile. So it creates a cycle where you feel like your stuck in the 90s of Joyous most of the time. Event though I didn’t like the changes, how hard would it be to make it 20 points drop an hour and gain 10 points per smile. :confused3

Honestly, I’m far less bothered by the changes, don’t care if I’m in ecstatic or joyous, than the reasons the changes were made. This was not a change made, because players wanted happiness to mean more. This was a change that they made, to get people to click on more happiness ads and spend elixir for Merlin to freeze the drop.

I’m not freaking out about the update 31 either. If anything I have more of a morbid curiosity about it. Also agree with you that there are far more important things to worry about than a stupid game. That said, for a number of players, this game has been a relief from the stresses of life and recent changes have had the opposite effect.

Exactly! It’s the inconsistency that is the problem. If it drops 20 points an hour for Ecstatic and you get +10 per smile than it should be consistent throughout. The problem is when you drop down into the 90s in Joyous you may drop less an hour but you only gain 1 per smile. So it creates a cycle where you feel like your stuck in the 90s of Joyous most of the time. Event though I didn’t like the changes, how hard would it be to make it 20 points drop an hour and gain 10 points per smile. :confused3

Honestly, I’m far less bothered by the changes, don’t care if I’m in ecstatic or joyous, than the reasons the changes were made. This was not a change made, because players wanted happiness to mean more. This was a change that they made, to get people to click on more happiness ads and spend elixir for Merlin to freeze the drop.

Yep, don’t like the inconsistency. It is pretty much impossible to lift out of the joyful zone with only one % increase per smiley and max of 6 smileys at any time. Do I care enough to do anything like lock in my happiness with gems or elixir? Nope. I do try to grant wishes as often as I can but it still isn’t enough, but whatever, who cares.

I wonder if they will still do the happiness side quests during events, and how that will work out, because we are all stuck in the same boat. Only up to six at a time. Can't hoard them anymore, so I guess whoever logs in most wins. Evil jerks.

I completely agree! I do have a morbid curiosity about Update 31 as well. I also agree with tuning in to the game to have a relief (even if from a moment) from real life stresses. I'm one of those people.

I guess I'm glad to hear the drop rate slows down for the lower tiers of happiness, but I agree, 1 point per three minutes is excessively fast.

and the good part is the only difference in the tiers (at least for now, who knows what happens after the dreaded Update 31 occurs) is that at the estatic level you get 10% increase chance in token drop and at one level lower it is a 6% extra chance - sop while annoying, the net impact is only 4% less extra chance of a token drop

ugh, well that was frustrating ... i got to the 2nd level achievement for chapter two and thus earned 2 radiant chests. When I clicked on the "claim" button my game crashed. when I went back in it just had a check mark next to that achievement level but I never actually got any content from the radiant chests, so guess I just don't get them (I submitted a note, but not expecting anything)

Is the Sultan definitely limited time content? Has there been a limited character for a tower challenge before? I used to be able to save up between events but not this time

Hey guys. Hope everyone had a great long Memorial weekend! I didn't play a lot, but did manage to stay joyous. I agree that 1 point per smiley in joyous is wrong. If it is 10 in ecstatic, then it should be 7 or at least 5 in joyous in my opinion. Finally pulled the trigger on Dr. F, so PatF are finallly done and resting at home. Except Mama O, she is doing her 24 hr rest on top of her boat.

Plugging along in the TC. I have 16 torn fabrics and hit milestone 2 this morning. So far so good I think.

ugh, well that was frustrating ... i got to the 2nd level achievement for chapter two and thus earned 2 radiant chests. When I clicked on the "claim" button my game crashed. when I went back in it just had a check mark next to that achievement level but I never actually got any content from the radiant chests, so guess I just don't get them (I submitted a note, but not expecting anything)
I know that we've already established that the whole "tap" thing is just nonsense and that the awards are pre-determined, regardless of what you actually tap on. With this one, there are only two possible prizes, the stand or currency, so the patters is literally every other item. I tapped on the currency for one chest and the stand for the other. Received currency both times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter