Disney Magic Kingdoms

Seeing as how it's now hard to get enough event currency to trade for gems (that they are also trying to get us to spend), what level are you getting your characters to? Asking since I now have the Snow White prompt with 3.5 days to wait until she becomes available.

Also, what do you all think about trading 750-800 gems in return for Grumpy? Just curious on that one. ;)
I'm leveling up mine to level 5 and then try to build up event currency. Things seem to be getting more expensive. I figure if I need to have someone at a higher level to defeat the Evil Queen, I'll probably have their tokens ready to go for a quick level up. And as far as Grumpy goes...I want him, but not that much. At least, that is my stance right now. I may buckle as the event gets closer to the end. I'm still holding out hope that the interns have something special planned to make welcoming him easier towards the end. Hopefully something that isn't a $14.99 bundle.

Hi there!
Been playing DMK for several months but just discovered this forum. It's amazing! I'm really excited by seeing so many people taking time to comment and share advices.

I have a question. Do you guys play DMK on your phone, or a tablet? I play it on my phone (Android) and I really struggle with the game continuously re-loading if I perform any other task in the phone. Every time I send the game to the "background", even if it's just to answer a text message, I need to start all over the "Loading" screen.

This startup process takes more time after each update, right now I need to wait about 2 minutes prior to playing the game. It doesn't sound like a huge amount of time, but for events like the one we have for Snow White, entering the game each hour and having to wait those 2 minutes is a real pain.

I guess there's no solution for this "reset" that happens to the game always I open another app, but I would like to read your comments.

Thank you! Regards from the north of Mexico :earsboy:

I play on an android tablet and the game only has minimal lag, outside of the 4 minute loading screen. Since this is the primary game on my tablet, I rarely close out of it, but if I switch to any other app, it often makes the app reload from the start when I switch back, even though it is still running as a background app.

Seeing as how it's now hard to get enough event currency to trade for gems (that they are also trying to get us to spend), what level are you getting your characters to? Asking since I now have the Snow White prompt with 3.5 days to wait until she becomes available.
I generally try to level all non gem characters to 5 and gem characters to 3-4. I know one of the previous tasks required Doc at 4, and in past events, battling the end villain often required level 5 for all the non-gem characters. I save the rest of the leveling up for after the event so I have something to do and appreciate the extra gems from the leftover event currency.

Thanks for answering everyone. I have so much magic that I'd rather level them up using that instead of EC. But I don't want them to fall short, either, when it comes time to battle. I guess I still have a few days to work on the few characters that I do have.

RE: Grumpy...

If the Queens 6hr task for him is maybe an uncommon drop or something that should help towards the end right? She has to be level 4 to do the task, but if it takes 2 days to welcome her and 2 days to level her up lets say, we’d still have a little less than a week to use her to try and get his tokens. Plus Happy with a 12 hour task, even if thats legendary he should help, i doubt you could get grumpy from scratch but with a combo of more gift chests, mini game rewards, and that I can see it only costing 100 gems or so to truly grab him by event end. I couldnt see the interns rewarding us with him for the last gift day, but I could see them setting us up to only HAVE to spend what a premium character would cost.

If the Queens 6hr task for him is maybe an uncommon drop or something that should help towards the end right? She has to be level 4 to do the task, but if it takes 2 days to welcome her and 2 days to level her up lets say, we’d still have a little less than a week to use her to try and get his tokens. Plus Happy with a 12 hour task, even if thats legendary he should help, i doubt you could get grumpy from scratch but with a combo of more gift chests, mini game rewards, and that I can see it only costing 100 gems or so to truly grab him by event end. I couldnt see the interns rewarding us with him for the last gift day, but I could see them setting us up to only HAVE to spend what a premium character would cost.
Makes sense. Or at least, it's as good as any other logic I've heard. Though clearly the interns wouldn't just hand everyone Grumpy at the final gift. The backlash would be too much for their Customer Support desk to handle.

I usually like to level my event characters as high as possible. I figure at most it will cost me 20K event currency which will cost me less than 10 gems. So basically, it costs me less than 10 gems to get some combination of 6-8 extra levels. Well worth that cost for me.

I’ve got Doc, Sneezy and Dopey at level 6 and Bashful at level 4. I’ve got the first 3 ready for level 7 and they’ll only cost 400, 1100 and 450 EC to level. So, leveling those 3 only cost 2K, or 1 gem, if I fall short of 80K at the end.

Don’t like the idea of possibly spending 750-800, but probably will. I’ve got every character in the game and and would hate missing one after this event. Not in a rush for Grumpy though. I’ll wait for awhile before probably pulling the trigger.

I generally do level characters up until the storyline pretty much plays out and you don't need anyone any higher for anything related to the event

I am a bit torn on Grumpy as I have every character as well. My plan is to see how things play out and if through the course of playing the event I can get a decent way through (maybe even just 50%) then I will use gems to try to get him but if we are winding down and I still only have like 5 owls and 4 ears then I do think I will bother - just too many gems to play the chance game

That's exactly my thinking (maybe day 25 will be like 10 magical chests or something) and then if I think I can get Grumpy for what abregular premium character would I will do it, but just can see spending 700 gems or whatever now - taking a wait and see approach

I have Bashful at level 4. Doc, Sneezy, Dopey at 6. Grumpy level 4. Have task for welcoming Snow White so will keep levelling up until 24hrs until Snow White tokens drop then just focus on shears, potions and poison apples. The drops seem fairly quick for this event so I will take advantage of that rather than focus on EC. I got the Queen of hearts to level 8 so now she can do her EC task.

Today's "gold" gift: a Peppermint Lollipop Stand. Not surprisingly, it doesn't give event currency. Here I was, hoping for another grumpy chest, but I suppose that's too much to ask of the interns.

Who are you people that give up sleep or use gems to get on top of the leader boards for the trophy event? I mean I check in pretty regular but for you to be well above 500 is a sign that you may need an intervention...there is a world outside of mom's basement. Even with all attractions and characters that drop trophies you couldn't possibly have that many without setting the alarm to wake up in the middle of the night.

That's exactly my thinking (maybe day 25 will be like 10 magical chests or something) and then if I think I can get Grumpy for what abregular premium character would I will do it, but just can see spending 700 gems or whatever now - taking a wait and see approach

I've been thinking that they would give out little pieces of him, bit by bit, until they think it's enough that people will then think they are close enough and then start spending on those chests. Because I think those interns are trying to make people feel compelled to spend money. Maybe they are hoping for xmas bonuses if they extort, oops I mean convince, people to pay. ;)

Who are you people that give up sleep or use gems to get on top of the leader boards for the trophy event? I mean I check in pretty regular but for you to be well above 500 is a sign that you may need an intervention...there is a world outside of mom's basement. Even with all attractions and characters that drop trophies you couldn't possibly have that many without setting the alarm to wake up in the middle of the night.

The top of my leaderboard is over 600 right now. Personally I prefer a good night's sleep.

Preaching to the choir here, sir. I've been taking this stance forever. And what's crazy is that when I've pointed it out in the past, people took offense. Dummy... you're breaking your sleep pattern to win fake "awards" in a phone app.

Preaching to the choir here, sir. I've been taking this stance forever. And what's crazy is that when I've pointed it out in the past, people took offense. Dummy... you're breaking your sleep pattern to win fake "awards" in a phone app.

I often figured out the "price" of those good nights of sleep and it would come down to maybe $2. SOOOOOOOO not worth it to me. I have been known to get up in the middle of the night to make WDW reservations (dining at the castle when my DD was a toddler and she loved the princesses and it was impossible to book... getting FP the week that Pandora opened... ) but I would have happily paid someone more than $2 for that service. ;)

ETA - WDW punishes those of us who live on the west coast with their awful 7am EST
booking windows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter