Disney Magic Kingdoms - Tips

Discussion in 'Disney Online Games' started by LoriR, Mar 20, 2016.

1. SunDial

SunDial Where Are The Umbrella Hats

Nothing yet. Wonder if it distributed at certain times depending on where in the globe you are. Eastern US here.

2. Beccybooboo

Beccybooboo Mouseketeer

I have noticed this with past updates. Hopefully it will show up soon for you.
    I am in Australia.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. MrsPottts

MrsPottts Mouseketeer

I wish they would straighten out some of the edges of older areas to be more square like Frontierland, there are so many places I could fit attractions in closer if there was only one more pixel of space :crazy2:

The Christmas theme looks lovely though!!

5. DMMom

DMMom Mouseketeer

Has anyone tried to update an iPad? It seems to be stuck in a perpetual loop. It asks if you want to update but then you only have the option to open, not update, in the App Store. It loaded fine on my iPhone so I guess I will play on a tiny screen for a while.

6. mikegood2

mikegood2 DIS Veteran

Mine downloaded and worked fine this morning. My iPad is where I usually play, but I’ve been using my new phone today.

7. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

Yeah, Donald is like this. Really, really slow to get those items, welcome him, and then level him up.

Totally agree. They could change those areas just a tiny little bit and make a BIG difference for their players.

karmstr112, lmmatooki and MrsPottts like this.
  8. Busybee46

Busybee46 Earning My Ears

1 MILLION???? I have only just got to having about 100k, i still have so many characters waiting to level up. It would take me at least 10 days to get that amount I reckon, without having anything to spend elsewhere. :-(

heatherwith3 and MrsPottts like this.
  9. LeiaSOS13

LeiaSOS13 Mouseketeer

Haven't been on here much since the last event. I downloaded the update today after work. I have between now and pre-dawn Dec 16th to get as far as I can in the event. After that I'll be on vacation on the other side of the world, and my focus will definitely not be the game! I'm hoping to login every evening in hopes of getting the daily rewards, but vacation is a bigger priority, so we'll see.

As for gem strategizing this time, I'm thinking it's going to be tough with the upcoming vacation. It will take 430 gems to get both Dopey and Happy. I have 260 right now, so am 170 gems short. Plus I noticed Mickey and Minnie have holiday costumes unlocked now for 60 gems each - so another 120 gems if I want those. I don't see myself coming up with another 290 gems by the end of the event, especially with my trip. I have this dreaded fear that Mickey and Minnie's holiday costumes will be helpful for the event, so I'll be tempted to get them...

I'm pretty sure this will be the first event since I started playing earlier this year that I won't finish... I've finished all the events since LK and managed to purchase the premium characters from each of them. This time I'm not sure I see that happening. Who knows, I do have some long travel days where I might be able to play offline more frequently.

10. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Tomorrowland is the worst - especially when trying to fit in the giant Incredibles attractions

lmmatooki and mmmears like this.
  11. nicki401

nicki401 Earning My Ears

You have to go in thru the app store main page app.. then when you click available updates its on the list. I had the same problem and got around it that way. Happens every time with my ipad.

12. silly.old.bear

silly.old.bear Earning My Ears

The same for me but on my iPhone!

13. silly.old.bear

silly.old.bear Earning My Ears

Aha! Turned my phone on me off and finally then was able to get the update button.

The Snow White characters look cute!

14. FBWAUT

FBWAUT Earning My Ears

How did you set up your concession farm?

15. dacutebuggy

dacutebuggy In Wonderland

I have a small concession farm... clearly not enough because I have half a million magic! And I definitely am lacking in gems after impulse buying 4 legendary chests

One note on the home thing: I just a wish for a character who I had sent away. Is that gonna happen always? That would mean the only characters we could really easily just send away for months are the ones who don’t receive wishes and those who don’t drop tokens for characters (I am SO slow at leveling up characters)

16. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

I have a bunch of concessions out. I pretty much squeeze them into places where I can't get any attractions to fit. Most of them were "gifted" to me, either on special occasions by Gameloft, or out of the treasure chests, like the partysaurus hats (I have TONS of those). I prefer the long-term ones to the ones I have to click on all the time. It really adds up over time and my magic gets replenished pretty quickly, so if you're short on magic I recommend farming the concessions if you can.

FBWAUT likes this.
  17. PrincessS121212

PrincessS121212 Mouseketeer

Live in the Eastern Standard Time zone and have an android and the update just showed up for me at 1:29am. I have noticed that the time is staggered with windows first, then iphone/pad devices, and last android.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the update actually works this time, as the last update all my characters were running around as purple sketch lines with no skins for the first 9 days. Missed 3 of the welcoming animations for the Alice characters before they patched the app.

18. PrincessS121212

PrincessS121212 Mouseketeer

I know it's hard, but for Alice the first few days I was on vacation in Ireland for the event. I set my alarm 15 minutes earlier to put everyone on quests in the morning before I had to be anywhere, reset them at lunch, reset them just before dinner, and then played for an hour or 2 at night before bed while relaxing in the hotel and managed to finish the event with 1.5 days to spare. Good luck and enjoy the vacation!

LeiaSOS13 likes this.
  19. ISmellBeef

ISmellBeef Earning My Ears

Someone also has problems watching the videos for gems/magic?

:(

20. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

I had the same thing happen. When went into the "Updates" section of the App Store, I scrolled down to Magic Kingdoms and downloaded it from there. It took about 4-5 minutes (a long time for my connection) but then it worked without a problem.

21. 10CJ

10CJ DIS Veteran

What time do we think the event starts? 10 eastern or 11 eastern?