Disney Magic Kingdoms

One the other hand though, it shouldn't be *that* easy to get the maximum number of gems so perhaps this is the *right* amount of EC ... I think it should be that it isn't really that hard to get enough to welcome all the characters but above and beyond that is really just bonus

I get what you're saying. I wasn't trying to complain, but I was trying to point out that it is definitely harder to collect EC than it has been in the past. Especially if you're still trying to get the queen since then you can't even choose the action that will maximize EC (which I am able to do). I prefer the hard-to-acquire EC over the impossible-to-get characters though.

I get what you're saying. I wasn't trying to complain, but I was trying to point out that it is definitely harder to collect EC than it has been in the past. Especially if you're still trying to get the queen since then you can't even choose the action that will maximize EC (which I am able to do). I prefer the hard-to-acquire EC over the impossible-to-get characters though.
Agreed and having both at the same time is insane! The veterans are even struggling, which hasn't happened (with the exception of the ridiculously glitching Aladdin event but we won't talk about that lol)

If this problem isn't fixed with the next content update, this game will become unplayable. I'm forced to play 10-15 minutes up to 6 times a day just to keep characters that have no business being available anymore out of my way. I can't afford to burn an hour or more a day sorting through useless characters just to get to the half dozen that are needed.

Agree that this is a real and growing problem with the game. Sadly, during events, the best “solution” I’ve found is sending non-essential characters out on their longest available job, and lets be honest that really isn’t a solution. During non-event times, I just keep most characters unemployed. For the few remaining characters I have left to level, I end up going thru the character tab to select jobs that way.

As far as solutions go, I don’t think putting characters away is the answer. I think having a check box that would automatically have a character repeat a job would be the best solution. Of course that’s much easier said than done, and how it would be implemented would be a real issue. How do you cancel a job or even find a character that is currently working on a job? I’m glad I’m not the one who has to figure this out, but I really hope they are working on solutions.

I thought, in addition to a "Repeat Last Task" appearing at the top of the task list, it might be good, if instead of Characters that we have to click through, we had "Families" we could click through. So in the upper left, we could cycle through Alice, Mickey & Friends, Toy Story, Jungle Book, etc. It would bring up a popup with all the Character Tokens and then we could click on a specific character to get to their job list. The background color could change to indicate a character that is out on a task or not.

Also, if we could send characters out via the Character Book (sort of like we can do for specific tokens). But we could access all the jobs, whenever, not just when there is a token available.

I’m so worried about not being able to welcome the queen. There’s two days left and I only have 6/10 fans 4/10 ear hats and 36,000 event currency. But I will never spend 20 dollars on a freaking character bundle. Hopefully I can get her before the event ends.
that's where I was yesterday evening and now I just need 1 more ear hat.... good luck!

So this is super weird but I have found I only get the queens drops between 2am and 5am. Its so random but thats what happens to me

I think if you could choose to display the task list longest to shortest rather than vice versa that would do for me. (After the token tasks being top first of all.) Most of my time is spent scrolling down to the longest task!

So I welcomed the queen and decided that I was not going to level up any of the characters, so I can keep my EC on the higher side. How does the conversion work? I don’t remember and never really paid attention in the past. Thanks for your help.

So I welcomed the queen and decided that I was not going to level up any of the characters, so I can keep my EC on the higher side. How does the conversion work? I don’t remember and never really paid attention in the past. Thanks for your help.
1 gem = 2,000 event credit

Not sure if that will change this time around after the interns went and lowered all of the credit per task.

So I would like to see a tab where we can see all the characters and their tasks or at least them grouped into movies. The least amount of scrolling would be ideal and some way that repeating a task could be easier than how it is now would also be great. I also do not like the extra clicking we have to do for the parade when it ends, I was fine with the way it was. I dunno but I just think for how big this game has become, it could be executed way better for the ease of playing. I believe that the quicker you make in and out the playing of the game just means we could potentially log in more frequently. It almost feels like a chore to send characters out and collect from characters more than for the fun of the game.

So I would like to see a tab where we can see all the characters and their tasks or at least them grouped into movies. The least amount of scrolling would be ideal and some way that repeating a task could be easier than how it is now would also be great. I also do not like the extra clicking we have to do for the parade when it ends, I was fine with the way it was. I dunno but I just think for how big this game has become, it could be executed way better for the ease of playing. I believe that the quicker you make in and out the playing of the game just means we could potentially log in more frequently. It almost feels like a chore to send characters out and collect from characters more than for the fun of the game.

I like the idea of some type of tab, or list view like you mentioned. Something like a table view with the rows being characters and columns for things like character / level info / job ( what they’re doing and/or select a job) / time remaining / repeat job checkbox / cancel job button / speed up job button! Also give us the option of how characters are listed like alphabetical (asending/descending) / movie / ???. if they feel they need to monetize this make it part of Merlin and make it a purchasable option. I would gladly pay a few hundred gems to have control like this.

I also agree that making it easier and quicker to play the game. Sadly, it seems like most games and apps want to keep you in the game longer, not shorter, which is great if it's fun, not so much when it feels like a chore or a grind. The primary game I play, Marvel Puzzle Quest, which is a match 3 type of game, just made changes, that require players to play considerably longer. Let’s just say many of the players are not happy. In my case, if I want to get the same final reward I was getting before the changes, I have to play twice as much.

A really basic compromise would be instead of the character tasks appearing on a scroll bar on the right as it is currently, lay them out across the whole screen like a grid in a smaller font and button size so you can see all the tasks at once, which would skip the scrolling to get to the longer tasks, then add a couple longer tasks like 48 hours and 1 week, and finally at the bottom of the character task list, add a button to repeat character task.

In other news, I am just slightly over 51K EC and I am ranked #2 in the mini event, so hopefully that means 3,000 EC for me!
The EC is so much lower this time! Usually by this point in the event I've got most of my characters except the villain up to level 6, bought 2 decorations, and am sitting around 110K EC with 1 day to go.
This time around, even after spending my weekends playing literally every hour for over 12 hours and checking in 4+ times a weekday, I only barely welcomed the queen this morning and none of my characters are even at level 5 except mad hatter and march hare. I'm sitting on 57K EC and I haven't even had a chance to buy a single decoration. It looks like I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and buy 1 decoration (I like to collect 1 of everything) and not get the full gem conversion which is a bummer.
I'm sitting at 1st on my leaderboard, so that will help a little, but I was hoping to get at least 75K EC this event and I'll be lucky to break 60K by the end.

I guess the question becomes, why are we playing and what are the characters there for? If they are no longer part of a story line, then at least they are earning currency towards evolving the kingdom. If you have the time to log in frequently, you can maximise that, otherwise, maybe longer background tasks would be ok, at a lower rate of return?

what I would like is this; when you go into the character book/castle you can click on a character and that'll take you to them, if their not doing a task their menu will pop up like if you clicked on them in the park or their icon on the top left. If their on task, it'll show their progress window. and with this, my idea for a free roaming could work; at the bottom of the character menu you have an option to let the character wounder the park until you end it (a end task button when the gem button is on tasks.) It would have a low magic/star per hour rate but it would keep them busy for as long as you like.

The EC is so much lower this time! Usually by this point in the event I've got most of my characters except the villain up to level 6, bought 2 decorations, and am sitting around 110K EC with 1 day to go.
This time around, even after spending my weekends playing literally every hour for over 12 hours and checking in 4+ times a weekday, I only barely welcomed the queen this morning and none of my characters are even at level 5 except mad hatter and march hare. I'm sitting on 57K EC and I haven't even had a chance to buy a single decoration. It looks like I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and buy 1 decoration (I like to collect 1 of everything) and not get the full gem conversion which is a bummer.
I'm sitting at 1st on my leaderboard, so that will help a little, but I was hoping to get at least 75K EC this event and I'll be lucky to break 60K by the end.
There is no promise of gem conversion.... perhaps they figured too many were getting free gems and so it has been adjusted to make sure you can get enough, without having loads left over? Get the decorations and enjoy them. After welcoming the Queen, i have less than 18k. That ŵill be bumped up a bit by the half cup trophy prize, but I am thinking to get the flower dec and maybe another cat bench. My problem is finding the room for everything! Maybe I have kept too many of my chest treasures.. do they add value to the kingdom?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts