Disney Magic Kingdoms

I really, really hope that those of you who are playing and suffering from the awful odds do get the items needed to welcome the queen. THIS is why I really hate these events. At least with Shere Khan (who is at 6 and has awful drop rates) I know I can eventually get what is needed, timed events cause unnecessary stress and make something fun like a game into something not so fun. Hang in there!
I don't think the interns are concerned about stress, only money. Horrible drop rates and a countdown clock = tons of fools prematurely spending $15 to get a character and some gems. A steady pace will yield the final character. I finally unlocked her yesterday, so I'm happy I am not one of those people who decided to pay $15. Because otherwise, since there was plenty of time to get the Queen, I would have basically spent that on the oversized cookie stand.

Strange, I’ve found the queens drop rate to be better than Alice’s. The only thing keeping mine from being level 3 right now are heart locks. I need 4 more, so I can create the 3 wacky lunch boxes I need to level her up.

I wonder if some players are experiencing some kind of bug? Maybe similar too, but nowhere near as bad, as the fabric bug from a few events ago? Even though I can’t remember who’s costume it was for, I do remember how awful my drop rates were for that fabric. My drop rate was under 20% and if I remember correctly, it was an uncommon item, or was it a rare item? I know it took me close to a week to get enough fabric to buy the costume, but I was still able to complete all characters for that event.

I still need one heart fan. It would cost 44 gems to buy it, but I will keep trying since there are a few more days. Just sent out the quests so I have at least two hours to wait.

Getting frustrated with the slow arrival of items for the Queen! I'm at 6 fans and 5 hats and had nothing since this morning. I have hardly any gems, and £14.99 seems like way too much to spend! What happens after the event, can characters that have already been welcomed be levelled up, or are they stuck with where they are? Just wondering whether there would come a point to abandon trying and spend the currency on those I already have...?

Was able to welcome the Queen this morning ... had a good run of drops but then took nearly 24 hours to get the last heart fan. Had her do her first quest but now nothing is needed to be done ... I suspect if/when I upgrade her to level 2 or 3 there would be new quests to do - but I assume they are all optional (not required for the event) at this point, so not sure if I want to bother with using up EC to level her up at all

Getting frustrated with the slow arrival of items for the Queen! I'm at 6 fans and 5 hats and had nothing since this morning. I have hardly any gems, and £14.99 seems like way too much to spend! What happens after the event, can characters that have already been welcomed be levelled up, or are they stuck with where they are? Just wondering whether there would come a point to abandon trying and spend the currency on those I already have...?

Any characters that have been welcomed can be leveled up after the event ends - using regular magic potions instead of event currency. And it gets a little easier to collect the common token (the 1/2 teacups in this case). The lunch boxes will go away, and the quests will give the common token rather than a key or heart lock. But there may be fewer characters with these quests.

Another thing to consider is they usually convert your remaining event currency to gems at a rate of 1 gem for every 2,000 event currency. It's limited to 40 gems for 80,000 currency, but it sounds like most people aren't going to have that much extra for this event.

Any characters that have been welcomed can be leveled up after the event ends - using regular magic potions instead of event currency. And it gets a little easier to collect the common token (the 1/2 teacups in this case). The lunch boxes will go away, and the quests will give the common token rather than a key or heart lock. But there may be fewer characters with these quests.

Another thing to consider is they usually convert your remaining event currency to gems at a rate of 1 gem for every 2,000 event currency. It's limited to 40 gems for 80,000 currency, but it sounds like most people aren't going to have that much extra for this event.
Thank you! I'll hang on and hope that Queenie gets her stuff!

OK, so I'm seeing why we are all so far behind in event currency this time around. Dumbas$ interns are at it again.

Magic-yielding characters:
1 hour - 44
2 hour - 83
4 hour - 121
6 hour - 171
8 hour - 220
12 hour - 303

Event Currency characters:
6 minute -
1 hour - 10
2 hour - 17
4 hour - 30
6 hour - 45
8 hour - 65
12 hour - (Boo is out on a task, so I can't check that one right now)

But clearly there are drastic cuts to the amount of currency we're able to accumulate this time around. I mean, 83 vs 17? 121 vs 30?? 220 vs 65???

Was able to welcome the Queen this morning ... had a good run of drops but then took nearly 24 hours to get the last heart fan. Had her do her first quest but now nothing is needed to be done ... I suspect if/when I upgrade her to level 2 or 3 there would be new quests to do - but I assume they are all optional (not required for the event) at this point, so not sure if I want to bother with using up EC to level her up at all
Right. Anything beyond welcoming her is considered outside the event. All of her additional tasks will be yellow, not pink.

The Queen has a 2 hour quest when she reaches level 3, but you are correct it’s a yellow quest (non event)

Need one more heart fan and one more ear hat...please oh please let me end this madness tonight!! I am so dang close!!

OK, so I'm seeing why we are all so far behind in event currency this time around. Dumbas$ interns are at it again.

Magic-yielding characters:
1 hour - 44
2 hour - 83
4 hour - 121
6 hour - 171
8 hour - 220
12 hour - 303

Event Currency characters:
6 minute -
1 hour - 10
2 hour - 17
4 hour - 30
6 hour - 45
8 hour - 65
12 hour - (Boo is out on a task, so I can't check that one right now)

But clearly there are drastic cuts to the amount of currency we're able to accumulate this time around. I mean, 83 vs 17? 121 vs 30?? 220 vs 65???
Wow...had a little free time on your hands? After getting the queen, I'm at 40k. I almost always get the 80k at the end. I obviously won't this time around. Your conspiracy theory may have some merit.

1 heart fan and 1 set of ears left to go.... Hopefully they'll drop before bed tonight. My drops have been okay (not stellar, but not horrible), so I should be able to get Queen tomorrow at least. My EC levels aren't very high though - about 33k (15k after I pay for queen). Oh well, I guess any gems I get are bonus anyway...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!